Everquest AMA with Holly Windstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

EQ2Wire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What is the chance that the last bit of programming work necessary to launch the EverQuest Census API -- so that anyone can make their own Magelo-type fansite -- will happen?

Last edited:

Hadden

Trakanon Raider
1. If you had unlimited funding and could add any feature set or sets to EQ, what would you like to see?
2. When you joined the EQ team, did anything surprise you, seeing it from a development perspective?
3. What's your favorite aspect(s) of EQ?
4. Do you play any other video games besides EQ? If so, what are you favorite genres/games?
5. Do you have any favorite EQ items?
6. What's your most memorable EQ moment(s)?
7. What's your favorite feature that's been added to EQ, since you joined the team?
8. I'm super into the world of EQ, but don't have a ton of time to dedicate to long-session MMOs these days. Do you think we'll ever see a multiplayer EQ game that's not raid-centered?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What fuck wit came up with the idea of leashing the mobs?

Seriously, that's iconic EverQuest, and you idiots wanted WoW dollars and some moron came up with the idea of aggro leashing

And un-nerf some other shit. Like beam kiting.

Nobody plays EQ for the pre packaged thrill. We play for the stupid ass over the top crap. Like 100AA pulls.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Any thoughts on Legends style TLP servers? Premium fee on top of regular sub, DBG gets additional funding, we get real GMs and regular events?

Best I got.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Can we get an officially supported 4K UI or at least a UI that's playable in 4K? It is 2019 after all - most of us play vidya games in UHD.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For someone who dropped this game like a hot potato after the failure that was Gates of Discord moved on to WoW and never even considered moving back can you sell me on the game today?

How difficult is it for a new player to get caught up on current content?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Does the ongoing interest and continued "success" of these games today make Daybreak less likely to develop a true successor Everquest game in the near future?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Do you want me to come there and fix your company and product?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What fuck wit came up with the idea of leashing the mobs?

Seriously, that's iconic EverQuest, and you idiots wanted WoW dollars and some moron came up with the idea of aggro leashing

And un-nerf some other shit. Like beam kiting.

Nobody plays EQ for the pre packaged thrill. We play for the stupid ass over the top crap. Like 100AA pulls.

Leashing started in Kunark tho bruh

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
No malice in this question: Why should anyone but long term EQ/EQ2 players care about EverQuest as a franchise and does Daybreak even view it as important?

EQN was rebooted multiple times and canned, which was effectively the last time EQ had its name in modern gaming news. EQ2 launched in 2004 and was the last EverQuest release. We heard through your new owners a mobile EQ is in the works but that isn’t exactly exciting to anyone in the MMO scene because let’s face it, Mobile gaming is a joke.

And since its inception, Daybreak news has been rocky or downright ugly.

So in 2019 if I’m an old school EQ guy who loves the world (nostalgia is a hell of a drug) but I also don’t want to play 20 year old games, is there a reason to care about the franchise? Are y’all going to surprise launch an early access EQ3 or am I stuck with ignoring a mobile game?

I’ll take my answer off the air.

P.S. if EQ comes back remember that trolls and ogres are fat and ugly as fuck so please no body builder EQN crap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
For someone who dropped this game like a hot potato after the failure that was Gates of Discord moved on to WoW and never even considered moving back can you sell me on the game today?

How difficult is it for a new player to get caught up on current content?

Gates of discord was the pinnacle of elitism, I greatly enjoyed it.

Sure, it was annoying and hard even as a top guild, but knowing filthy casuals weren't doing squat was worth it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If you had a specific time frame, say..14 days, what would you do to fix Plane of Time? Hypothetically, if it was not fixed within that time period, players and guilds would potentially delete their characters and move to a competing game. Myself and players like me worked hard and needing to break groups into 18 players was a regression to the system. This in turn could turn one of the premiere MMO gaming forums into a community of not-so-secret furry and tranny lovers.

• 2Like
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If you had a specific time frame, say..14 days, what would you do to fix Plane of Time? Hypothetically, if it was not fixed within that time period, players and guilds would potentially delete their characters and move to a competing game. Myself and players like me worked hard and needing to break groups into 18 players was a regression to the system. This in turn could turn one of the premiere MMO gaming forums into a community of not-so-secret furry and tranny lovers.

ProTip: It was ALWAYS a forum for not-so-secret furry and tranny lovers, they just covered it up with world firsts.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
ProTip: It was ALWAYS a forum for not-so-secret furry and tranny lovers, they just covered it up with world firsts.
Fuck me, you're probably right. I screwed it all up by playing the game way too damn much and hanging in IRC vs reading the forums.

• 1Like

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
1) Is the make a character option at level 85 getting bumped up in level anytime soon? For Eq1

2) if you could live out an encounter in virtual reality as if you were really there playing it in real life... what encounter would it be?

3) Is there a time period or expansion that you foresee to be the final time that content is pushed to Everquest 1?

4) Do you know Adetia? Do you play EQ or EQ2 and have you ever actively played it for fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.