Everquest AMA with Holly Windstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your view of eq2 as a sequel to the "classic eq", with its new mechanics, gameplay, etc.?

If you could stop eq2 at its "peak expansion" what would that be?

Does this company even have access to era-appropriate code for that expansion?

Asking for a friend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since we have Agent of Change on TLP servers, would it be possible to implement instanced versions of Sleepers Tomb 1.0 and Sleepers Tomb 2.0 ?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I abstain from this Q&A session.

Wait. Maybe not.

Will daybreak ever do anything worthwhile with this IP? Specifically getting a green light to do some real development work and create an Everquest remake with the same mechanics as the original plus 2 expansions updated graphically and from an audio perspective with consoles included and cross platform play?

Thanks and sorry I probably ripped the shit out of you or one of your friends for a bone headed design decision at some point in your career.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How much credit does Brad deserve for EQ and how much of it was him being a hack riding on the coattails of real talent?

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 6 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Minor issue but could we get an option to hide our own character's name in 3rd person?

• 2Like

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
What is Daybreak Games doing to make the Everquest community more Trans-Inclusive?
whobitchthisismeme.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
E Elidroth where you at bro? Thought you'd be all over this.

Anyway:

I was in a guild back during TBM and we could only field about like 40ish people for 54 man raids. Not enough to beat the events but more than just like a 24 person raid. I know a lot of guilds were in a similar situation and either merged or folded. (most folded) Unfortunately many of us just left the game and never logged in again. I'm sure there's attrition happening.

Holly,

Is there any plans to make smaller raids to appeal to smaller guilds?

You can keep the major raids but just make some T1/T2 raids in addition to your 54 mans. Smaller that only drop like 1-2 spells and 1-2 pieces of armor. This encourages some people to get together with some new apps in a less full blown raid environment. Kind of like an intro to raiding because most high end players go to Triton etc. Can't field a full 54 man raid at full strength? Try the easier 36 man raid that can drop something. Getting a small amount of something is better than getting a large amount of nothing. Especially if I'm logging in for 4 hours + and just waiting around. Only 3 clerics online and 2 shammys w/ 1 druid? That'd probably be good for a 42 man raid but definitely not a 54.

I know this is probably deaf ears but I'm be curious.

• 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Guys... Xir said the Everquest community, not in game!

What is Daybreak Games doing to make the Everquest community more Trans-Inclusive?

What is a company doing to force their playerbase to be more thoughtful of less than 0.05% of the population? It's not Daybreak's job to police that or even care... get real (or word your questions better).

• 1Mic Drop

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Guys... Xir said the Everquest community, not in game!

What is a company doing to force their playerbase to be more thoughtful of less than 0.05% of the population? It's not Daybreak's job to police that or even care... get real (or word your questions better).

60% of the time, it works everytime.

I'd say Daybreak can help. Just hire some folks from the now defunct Bioware Montreal.

1555083971895.png

Trans Thule Shouts, "VANESSA! Denizens of San Francisco, your master commands you to come forth to my aid!

So here is my second question: God's should be inclusive. Is that possible under Putin's mighty thumb?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.