Everquest Confessions

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Way back at the start of the game the Necro spell voice graft let you talk through any NPC. Before anyone knew any better I used to convince people to attack NPCs like guards by pretending the NPC was inviting them to spar for rewards.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haha that's crazy, Plilo was another guild I forgot about. Do you remember Brom?

Yup, i do! I sometimes wonder where the old guildies have gone these days... Someone should create a "Looking for Former Guildie..." site.

Fadaar

That guy
I was registered on some random server forum even though I played on Tunare. Maybe it was Veeshan's? Don't remember. Anyway for some random fuckin' reason I got admin on the boards and decided to delete as much stuff as I could before it was noticed. Also as a magician I used to mass mod rod in Bazaar to knock people offline when it was at trader cap. I was never high end enough to pull off really wild shit, in fact I was rather nice.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
OMG DUDE. Were you on Fennin Ro? Dachande and I used to play Aliens Online back on Gamestorm days and he was named after Aliens vs Predator: Prey (Yeyinde). He and I connected and then both of us moved to Mithaniel Marr. I was very sad when he left and moved. But, he became very successful with Cats in Hats.

edit: Yep! It was Souls of the Shadow which then changed into Dark Horizon. They were definitely the most hated (and wildly successful) guild on E'ci. I think Arete took the second spot, lol.
Don’t mean to derail, but hardly come across anyone who played on Gamestorm. A v P was an amazing game. I played quite a bit of that and Godzilla online back in the day. No idea what the fuck I was doing in Legends of Kesmai other than the knight quest (was too young to comprehend). Hell of an emerging service and quality gaming at that time. Thanks for the reminder

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Don’t mean to derail, but hardly come across anyone who played on Gamestorm. A v P was an amazing game. I played quite a bit of that and Godzilla online back in the day. No idea what the fuck I was doing in Legends of Kesmai other than the knight quest (was too young to comprehend). Hell of an emerging service and quality gaming at that time. Thanks for the reminder

Yaaaas queen. I tried playing Legends of Kesmai and had no idea how to play. I was too addicted to Magestorm (I went to Gamestorm from AOL for this game), Aliens Online, and Splatterball to bother with LoK. :O

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
n.jpg

Indoor zone (The Deep maybe?) had a big bridge, only problem was it was an illusion.
We're two hours in getting people across another bridge that's real but invisible when a Ranger shows up late asking how to get to us.
I said, "Take the bridge."
My screen turns white with people screaming /ooc "Nooooooooo!" as the Ranger plummets to his death.
So many people were mad at me, but the /tells laughing and congratulating me made it all worth it.

In another guild we were supposed to make a loud audible alarm macro so when a raid leader calls out "grenade" you blast yourself with some klaxon so you do the appropriate maneuver to avoid wiping the raid with adds.
Fast-forward a different day we're in a new dangerous zone where you have to crowd the zone-in area to avoid aggroing nearby mobs.
I was new to the guild so I arrive early to show my eagerness and soon see tons of guild members zone in and immediately AFK.
In proximity chat I giggle and /say "grenade."
Again my screen turns white with people screaming, "WHAT THE FUCK !!!"
Members were saying they were taking a shit and their speakers blared the alarm waking up their parents, they're hopping down the stairs with their pants around their ankles trying to get to their rooms etc...
All worth it again for the /tells of congratulations.

j.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Otto

In early EQ there was a name dupe bug where you could create a character with an existing name. I was on Veeshan and made a Halfling named Crip and I remember getting swarmed with confused tells from FoH members. Turns out they had a Wood Elf member named Crip. That's how I discovered Fires of Heaven.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
View attachment 370068

Indoor zone (The Deep maybe?) had a big bridge, only problem was it was an illusion.
We're two hours in getting people across another bridge that's real but invisible when a Ranger shows up late asking how to get to us.
I said, "Take the bridge."
My screen turns white with people screaming /ooc "Nooooooooo!" as the Ranger plummets to his death.
So many people were mad at me, but the /tells laughing and congratulating me made it all worth it.

In another guild we were supposed to make a loud audible alarm macro so when a raid leader calls out "grenade" you blast yourself with some klaxon so you do the appropriate maneuver to avoid wiping the raid with adds.
Fast-forward a different day we're in a new dangerous zone where you have to crowd the zone-in area to avoid aggroing nearby mobs.
I was new to the guild so I arrive early to show my eagerness and soon see tons of guild members zone in and immediately AFK.
In proximity chat I giggle and /say "grenade."
Again my screen turns white with people screaming, "WHAT THE FUCK !!!"
Members were saying they were taking a shit and their speakers blared the alarm waking up their parents, they're hopping down the stairs with their pants around their ankles trying to get to their rooms etc...
All worth it again for the /tells of congratulations.

View attachment 370070
Audio triggers were something I loved messing with.

I would go through the Lobby/PoK / Bazzar and I had a premade set if /ooc and /shout list of raid emote triggers and spam them sometimes on my Baz alt so nobody would know who I was. Was funny to see the responses. I wouldn't do it to general though. I wasn't that much of an asshole.

GINA was a godsend for this since it had a cache of common triggers.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Probably not clever or original, but every time anyone in EQ asked me for money, I would just reply "Sure, just target me and type"/d" to open your donation box, I'll contribute."

/d would then instigate a duel

I would then murder them, like the fucking beggar scum they were. I probably did that hundreds of times.

• 3Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Levitating traders in the bazaar and bumping them into the arena to loot their plat was one of the nicer things.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
One way bards would kill stuff in GoD is through charm. One way to fuck with those bards was to buff their charmed mob, especially with magic resist. Good times.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mained a Monk on Solusek Ro.

Started coming from M59, joined my family guild from there who had all taken the jump to EQ, made a female Wood Elf Ranger. At lvl 17 I got somewhat bored of her and made an anonymous alt.

That was my monk who later joined my family guild (after a few weeks or so, missed the guild chat).

A good RL friend of mine and his GF also played. He was casual as fuck but the GF somehow got into the #3 raid guild back then even though she wasn't lvl 60 yet.
We were all sitting in the same room, playing EQ, smoking cigarettes, drinking beer.
I said I'd apply as well (I was 59) to which she replied "We don't take applicants under lvl 60".
Uh huh sure.
They went to bed at one point and I ground out lvl 60 somehow, the DING sound (or me shouting DING) must have woken them up.
And yes I heard them fucking from the next room after they went to bed.

A bit later I got a tell from one of their guild officers. "Do you think you can pull Vindi?"
I had never tried, but they lacked a puller, I was available, pulled, we killed Vindi, got my guildinvite to Wolfsclan. (no we did not wear wolf t-shirts and our snuggies also didn't have wolves on them)

She ended up "marrying" someone ingame. This was weird because people kept going on how they know her BF and it was only the ingame spouse. The real BF, or the guy she lived with, was the filthy casual from above. Thinking back, she might have cucked him big time during their time "together". She wasn't ugly, probably wouldn't have said no. Later she moved cross-country to be with the guy IRL. Think they're still together so there's that.

Anyway, I never really did big bad things to confess here. Worst probably running through Kael Drakkal while a rival guild was fighting KT at WW zone, and something must have been wrong with my runspeed that day.

I also usually didn't do the Siren's Grotto TP sploit, was faster to just swim through and run past the 2 mobs on exit.

I had the best time in EQ with that guild, we had meetings in Austria several times (usually every year).
We progressed through Velious, Luclin, PoP and GoD, always battling a spanish guild for the #2 spot (not really, we were always ahead).

Left them for the #1 guild at the time, and right as my 4 weeks of application process were about to end I chose pussy over guild and didn't make it to a raid in time. Quit EQ that day anyway. /shrug. Not sure how much longer the guild lasted, the pussy lasted 4 years (some of you probably remember crazy ex from the girls who broke your heart thread, circa 2004).

I like to think I had a name on SolRo and I wanted to keep it clean.

Inside the guild though, I was an asshole. Most weekend nights I was drunk at one point or the other (or the whole weekend, sometimes) and ended up being a total shitbag to people I considered friends.
Not my best side. Reduced the drinking a lot later on.

During the time in the family guild, a friend of mine had quit and gave me his Necro to dualbox. One day I looked at all the odd stuff in his inventory, allakhazam'd it, and found out he was only missing Eye of Innoruuk to finish his Epic. And the guild bank had one. Bought it for 10kpp and guildremoved us both the same day.
He came back MUCH later (during Luclin I think) and was very surprised that he a) had his epic and b) his character was in a raiding guild.

In my few weeks in the local #1 guild, I suspected something fishy going on. Their puller - a necro - did single pulls you couldn't reliably do, pet trick or not. And he knew certain mobs were up. This was just as OOW came out. I had a bad feeling about what I had done and secretly wished I hadn't left the #2 guild.

Wolfsclan peple were kinda cool, an all German speaking guild if I remember correctly from Sol Ro, but I raided quite some PoHate with them in EQ Original.
Sol Ro had quite a large German speaking population on the server. Wolfsclan, Der Dunkle Pact, Bund des Geistes (might have been Swedish for all I know), Drachentaenzer, to name a few.. I think Magna Charta leadership was German speaking or they had a lot of Germans in the membership as well.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah most everyone in those euro guilds were the scum of the earth. Made it very satisfying to wipe their raids that always worked in their favor due to the timezone advantage. Although I dont recall any euro guilds(especially spanish guilds... Odyssea?) ever being close to #1 or #2 besides MC. It was always Paradigm and MC fighting for those top 2 spots up till around late PoP when PD and BoR merged and went on to become #1 till late GoD

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh god Blood of Ro. Im pretty sure an officer in my guild Darkblood was mixed up with whoever the paladin leader of BOR was. He turned into quite the white knight on the solro forums when I peaced out of DB.

Thinking back on some of those memories good god its cringe. At least I have a perfectly valid excuse, I was just 14-15 years old. No idea what the 20+ somethings excuse was for acting like retarded pathetic children.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user