Everquest Confessions

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a year ago. Shawn Lord (Ex- EQ developer/producer) interviewed Jeff Butler on all things EQ, Vanguard, and EQ Next. I kind of remember him talking about what he is up to these days in vague terms.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Butler was at Amazon. Been wondering where all those EQN guys went off to.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
What does any of this have to do with screwing your GL's wife or other shenanigans?

Tell Me More Go On GIF by Van der Valk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I could get 25k if I tried long enough, this game is burned into my brain it seems. Still get the occasional one place that I don't recognize because it's some zone I always end up skipping like Mischief, ToFS or Nurga.

1678106117918.png

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very cool game. This is probably the best score I am able to get. I usually can nail 4 out of 5, but miss one of them badly.

EQ guesser.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope Im healthy enough in mind that when I end up in a nursing home, I can find another game that I'll remember every nook and cranny of like EQ. "Nurse! Ive shit my pants again!" (As I camp Ishva.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
+1 point if the ambient sound of the zone immediately surfaces in your brain

This is a cool idea.

1678255876929.png

I got scr00d on the first one and it brought the score way down. Kaesora and Dalnir are mixed up in my head.

1678255791420.png

This last one was just a complete wild guess on my part. Very unfamiliar with Plane of Mischief, but it looked like what I remember the zone looking like, and I took a stab at the location.

1678256881327.png

Did a 25 round lightning round in 15 or so minutes, did alright I guess. One thing that stood out is how similar a lot of classic zones look and the same goes for Kunark. As seen with the first two rounds here.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Damn, I can't believe I forgot about this. When my guild Legion was making a fire giants run in solb, we wiped at the entrance. The puller wasn't paying attention and we got the roamer with the two at the gate. Not sure how it happened, but when I was rezzed and brought back into the zone, I already had all my gear back on me. When I went to loot my corpse, everything was still there too duping everything on me and in my inventory. I think I gave my FBSS to a cleric named Marxes to give to an alt, so I could loot the one from my corpse. Grabbed my yaks and anything else that wasn't lore. Made some nice coin selling all my dupes. Never figured out how or why it happened and never happened again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I can't believe I forgot about this. When my guild Legion was making a fire giants run in solb, we wiped at the entrance. The puller wasn't paying attention and we got the roamer with the two at the gate. Not sure how it happened, but when I was rezzed and brought back into the zone, I already had all my gear back on me. When I went to loot my corpse, everything was still there too duping everything on me and in my inventory. I think I gave my FBSS to a cleric named Marxes to give to an alt, so I could loot the one from my corpse. Grabbed my yaks and anything else that wasn't lore. Made some nice coin selling all my dupes. Never figured out how or why it happened and never happened again.

Likely someone tried to evac, did you have an evaccer in group? Before they patched it, if you died like 0.2 seconds before Evac went off, it would dupe your corpse every time. That's how I ate my only long term ban lol

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Likely someone tried to evac, did you have an evaccer in group? Before they patched it, if you died like 0.2 seconds before Evac went off, it would dupe your corpse every time. That's how I ate my only long term ban lol
Entirely possible, but I don't remember exactly what happened. As a guild, we wouldn't typically evac out from that spot. The only place I really remember evacing out of systematically was while breaking was PoF. We would zone in, run straight to the wall and fight/kill what we could. Then, when we were getting overwhelmed, would evac the raid to Cazic and would run back to fear. Rinse and repeat until broken. faille faille can confirm if he is still around.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Are you all doing this with the pan option on?
Its the default settings but almost never need to pan. If I get something wrong its usually because its something obscure (to me) like shit out in eastern wastes or wings of ToV we never went to. The one I got that score on was super easy/old school zones where I spent a ton of time.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Entirely possible, but I don't remember exactly what happened. As a guild, we wouldn't typically evac out from that spot. The only place I really remember evacing out of systematically was while breaking was PoF. We would zone in, run straight to the wall and fight/kill what we could. Then, when we were getting overwhelmed, would evac the raid to Cazic and would run back to fear. Rinse and repeat until broken. faille faille can confirm if he is still around.
You're putting a lot of faith into my memory!
PoF was a slow grind to break. I remember doing a lot of cr work as part of our breaking it via that semi safe corner

• 1Like