Everquest Confessions

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I used to play on E'ci before Zebuxoruk became available. Forgot about AoA.

I think the ________ of Shadows guild became Dark Horizon? I can't remember.
Yes. DH ended up being the dominant guild and was a merger of the others but I couldn’t begin to remember all their names.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Souls of the Shadow (SotS)!

I also remember Hand of Darkness being an early power guild and Leptus Iratus, Na Koa and Ytrillinth’s Horde

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Did our paths ever cross in EQ? My primary character's name in EQ is my FoH forum name (before my BotB title displaced my surname).

I swear I remember interacting with some little faggoty, autistic Monk (I think?) by the name of Secrets, but I can't be sure. What servers did you play on?

Oh, and I don't have any juicy or interesting stories. I pretty much just played the game normally. Though, for a time, I did sell plat and loot (typically Fungi tunics) for cash. However, there wasn't any bullshit involved. I camped them legitimately.
I didn't use the Secrets name till '07 on EQEmulator. And not on live till 2016 on Agnarr.

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
Was hunting down a named NPC in Kith forest for the ranger epic and another ranger showed up. He had LFG on so I sent him a tell on another character, inviting him to a group in Chardok.

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Margo

Peasant
I ninja looted the last pair of Jboots dropped from Drelzna... Got em, ran around in Butcherblock Mountains for a minuted, went to bed, awoke next day to a brand new patch...
I also gave up a budding friendship to ninja loot a Crested Mistmoore Shield then KSed that dude and his group until a GM popped out of the shadows banning me from Castle Mistmoore, I later went to Cazic Thule, bound at the zoneline in the Feerrott and was spawn camped by a spectre...
I was banned from the all swedish guild Valhall for calling the former FOH warrior Herzog "a ebayer" in /ooc in Plane of Hate... Never recovered from that.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I ninja looted the last pair of Jboots dropped from Drelzna... Got em, ran around in Butcherblock Mountains for a minuted, went to bed, awoke next day to a brand new patch...
I also gave up a budding friendship to ninja loot a Crested Mistmoore Shield then KSed that dude and his group until a GM popped out of the shadows banning me from Castle Mistmoore, I later went to Cazic Thule, bound at the zoneline in the Feerrott and was spawn camped by a spectre...
I was banned from the all swedish guild Valhall for calling the former FOH warrior Herzog "a ebayer" in /ooc in Plane of Hate... Never recovered from that.
Yeah not sure what the deal is with Herzog. I knew the original one so when he showed back up it was pretty obvious it wasn't the same person. Also Valhall were fucking ballers. All the Swedes were.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Margo

Peasant
Yeah not sure what the deal is with Herzog. I knew the original one so when he showed back up it was pretty obvious it wasn't the same person. Also Valhall were fucking ballers. All the Swedes were.
Yeah, Valhall was an awesome group of players! I just rubbed Puffi, the leader the wrong way, I think it was because I said gnomes shouldn't main tank if an Ogre was available, must have hurt that fragile gnome ego... I wasn't invited to their meetup, which led me to another party where I got to smash a cutie, so maybe it was for the better...

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I mained an SK on Solusek Ro server when PoP was current content. It was common on that server for Pugs to NBG group loot. Ornate Bracer Molds were worth a lot of money, like 40-50k because they're FT2 for Clerics.

I would create pug groups for MS BoT with a Druid/Shaman healer and zero other plate classes. I would unequip my Umbracite/EP Bracers and wear Silver Chitin or some other garbage instead. That way when the Wolf Named dropped his Ornate Bracer molds i would automatically win it.

I must have made half a million plat doing this shit.

I mained a Monk on Solusek Ro.

Started coming from M59, joined my family guild from there who had all taken the jump to EQ, made a female Wood Elf Ranger. At lvl 17 I got somewhat bored of her and made an anonymous alt.

That was my monk who later joined my family guild (after a few weeks or so, missed the guild chat).

A good RL friend of mine and his GF also played. He was casual as fuck but the GF somehow got into the #3 raid guild back then even though she wasn't lvl 60 yet.
We were all sitting in the same room, playing EQ, smoking cigarettes, drinking beer.
I said I'd apply as well (I was 59) to which she replied "We don't take applicants under lvl 60".
Uh huh sure.
They went to bed at one point and I ground out lvl 60 somehow, the DING sound (or me shouting DING) must have woken them up.
And yes I heard them fucking from the next room after they went to bed.

A bit later I got a tell from one of their guild officers. "Do you think you can pull Vindi?"
I had never tried, but they lacked a puller, I was available, pulled, we killed Vindi, got my guildinvite to Wolfsclan. (no we did not wear wolf t-shirts and our snuggies also didn't have wolves on them)

She ended up "marrying" someone ingame. This was weird because people kept going on how they know her BF and it was only the ingame spouse. The real BF, or the guy she lived with, was the filthy casual from above. Thinking back, she might have cucked him big time during their time "together". She wasn't ugly, probably wouldn't have said no. Later she moved cross-country to be with the guy IRL. Think they're still together so there's that.

Anyway, I never really did big bad things to confess here. Worst probably running through Kael Drakkal while a rival guild was fighting KT at WW zone, and something must have been wrong with my runspeed that day.

I also usually didn't do the Siren's Grotto TP sploit, was faster to just swim through and run past the 2 mobs on exit.

I had the best time in EQ with that guild, we had meetings in Austria several times (usually every year).
We progressed through Velious, Luclin, PoP and GoD, always battling a spanish guild for the #2 spot (not really, we were always ahead).

Left them for the #1 guild at the time, and right as my 4 weeks of application process were about to end I chose pussy over guild and didn't make it to a raid in time. Quit EQ that day anyway. /shrug. Not sure how much longer the guild lasted, the pussy lasted 4 years (some of you probably remember crazy ex from the girls who broke your heart thread, circa 2004).

I like to think I had a name on SolRo and I wanted to keep it clean.

Inside the guild though, I was an asshole. Most weekend nights I was drunk at one point or the other (or the whole weekend, sometimes) and ended up being a total shitbag to people I considered friends.
Not my best side. Reduced the drinking a lot later on.

During the time in the family guild, a friend of mine had quit and gave me his Necro to dualbox. One day I looked at all the odd stuff in his inventory, allakhazam'd it, and found out he was only missing Eye of Innoruuk to finish his Epic. And the guild bank had one. Bought it for 10kpp and guildremoved us both the same day.
He came back MUCH later (during Luclin I think) and was very surprised that he a) had his epic and b) his character was in a raiding guild.

In my few weeks in the local #1 guild, I suspected something fishy going on. Their puller - a necro - did single pulls you couldn't reliably do, pet trick or not. And he knew certain mobs were up. This was just as OOW came out. I had a bad feeling about what I had done and secretly wished I hadn't left the #2 guild.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SK friend of mine called Dachande used to cruise round the low level zones offering money to newbies.

When they'd turn up at his location he'd tell them to hit /d (for deliver) then proceed to butcher them when, to their surprise, their names turned red.

He used to maintain any shit deeds he did in game were as a result of him RP'ing his SK. It worked for a while.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
SK friend of mine called Dachande used to cruise round the low level zones offering money to newbies.

When they'd turn up at his location he'd tell them to hit /d (for deliver) then proceed to butcher them when, to their surprise, their names turned red.

He used to maintain any shit deeds he did in game were as a result of him RP'ing his SK. It worked for a while.
Approve South Park GIF

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

Cats in Hats on Drinal?

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

OMG DUDE. Were you on Fennin Ro? Dachande and I used to play Aliens Online back on Gamestorm days and he was named after Aliens vs Predator: Prey (Yeyinde). He and I connected and then both of us moved to Mithaniel Marr. I was very sad when he left and moved. But, he became very successful with Cats in Hats.

edit: Yep! It was Souls of the Shadow which then changed into Dark Horizon. They were definitely the most hated (and wildly successful) guild on E'ci. I think Arete took the second spot, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was in Souls of the Shadow and Dark Horizon, before moving on to Crusaders of Plilo on Zeb. Fun times.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Bros I just want to go back and hail a Planar projection one more time after that first kill feeling.