Everquest II

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Server feels like Deatholl 2.0

Big gank squads, roaming around or just sitting at respawn hubs grief killing. My guess is that 80% of people quit right away and its the same people that stayed on DT till it collapsed.

Doesnt have the charm that nagafen had, nor is it trying to. Whatever it is its definitely not fun for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's the size of the squads? Back in the day they aren't bigger than 4-5 people which is possible to compete with some friends.

Obviously the beta cant be anything like Nagafen. The beta is going to be exclusively diehard griefers and the final holdouts from all of the failed pvp servers over the years.

This is not any different than a classic WoW emulator. The grief level will be entirely different than an organic fresh community. You will see similar problems when WoW classic launches next year with rogues and high level quest hub campers.

This is not unique to EQ2 or any specific game.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Surprisingly they already pushed a fix that makes sense.

GENERAL PVP

• PvP kill rewards have been adjusted to grant a percentage of your current level, and will not be modified by server experience bonuses.
  • City PvP (Carnage Flag) has been disabled.
  • Reduced the global PvP level range to 8 levels.
  • PvP level range in the following zones have been reduced to 4 levels: Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Frostfang Sea, The Sunken City, The Graveyard, The Sprawl, The Ruins, Oakmyst Forest, The Forest Ruins, The Caves, The Peat Bog
  • Beating up on your fellow citizens should no longer reduce faction with city guards.
ABILITIES

• The following abilities have had PvP templates added that modify the ability in PvP combat.
I didn't copy paste the list of skills that followed since it was very long. Here is the link but its taunts/charms going back to pvp levels and/or working now in pvp. NAGAFEN BETA Update Notes: Wednesday February 6, 2019 | EverQuest 2 Forums

They took the game down at 10 to push the fix and its been back up for awhile already. This is almost astounding that they pushed a fix this fast no matter how obvious some of it was, think of who we are dealing with here lol.

Last edited:

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Surprisingly they already pushed a fix that makes sense.

GENERAL PVP

• PvP kill rewards have been adjusted to grant a percentage of your current level, and will not be modified by server experience bonuses.
  • City PvP (Carnage Flag) has been disabled.
  • Reduced the global PvP level range to 8 levels.
  • PvP level range in the following zones have been reduced to 4 levels: Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Frostfang Sea, The Sunken City, The Graveyard, The Sprawl, The Ruins, Oakmyst Forest, The Forest Ruins, The Caves, The Peat Bog
  • Beating up on your fellow citizens should no longer reduce faction with city guards.
ABILITIES

• The following abilities have had PvP templates added that modify the ability in PvP combat.
I didn't copy paste the list of skills that followed since it was very long. Here is the link but its taunts/charms going back to pvp levels and/or working now in pvp. NAGAFEN BETA Update Notes: Wednesday February 6, 2019 | EverQuest 2 Forums

They took the game down at 10 to push the fix and its been back up for awhile already. This is almost astounding that they pushed a fix this fast no matter how obvious some of it was, think of who we are dealing with here lol.
They always seem to fix shit and do great in beta of these progression launches. Like listen to everything dot the i's and all that noise then a few weeks into launch blow it up.
The ffa pvp is pretty obvious that Nagafen/Deathtoll become one sided and people jump back and forth via betrayal or went in the middle of the factions in what I cant remember the name right now. Haven or havoc?
Anyway whatever make friends join big groups its going to be a big grief fest at 50 that noone Should take serious and just play amd talk shit because its going to be a clustetfuck yo0

dizzie

Triggered Happy
EQ2 PvP has always had one of the most immature toxic communities.

I found the whole "EQ2flames" extremely childish and just fostering more of that culture, but people here love it.

Some parts of flames were ok - waay back at the start with the old disso folks like Ishbu and co it was alright. Once Gaige and those spastics got a foot in the door it went downhill fast.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed reading EQ2Flames, but yea they were a bunch of degenerates. You could say the same about FoH at various times as well though. Its been interesting seeing how many of the old names show back up for this

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed reading EQ2Flames, but yea they were a bunch of degenerates. You could say the same about FoH at various times as well though. Its been interesting seeing how many of the old names show back up for this
During Stormhold I ran into a lot of old school players was fun. Esar kriddle calaglin to name a few

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I like the TLE server, but this PvP one will be a nightmare. They'll patch it a bit, then forget about it like Stormhold & Fallen Gate

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well slap my ass and call me Sally... the head CSR that berged out and said there would never be another EQ2 daybreak PvP server was wrong.

Might be going in on this for the guaranteed lulz.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well slap my ass and call me Sally... the head CSR that berged out and said there would never be another EQ2 daybreak PvP server was wrong.

Might be going in on this for the guaranteed lulz.

I'm eyeing it. You know I've seen on the RoZ server discords a lot of chat about how EQ2 is "Clunky".

Theres nothing clunky about it. Nobody in this forums history has mentioned the game being clunky at any point since 2004? Thats a weak cop out for pussies who can't handle a seasonal PvP server with high intensity and mass pvp action.

Every game has its own feel whether its Black Desert Online, or ArchAge. EQ2 isn't clunky, it simply just feels like EQ2. Its its own game.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I really enjoy EQ2.

That being said the encounter system with the autofacing and locking is clunky as shit. I know that you can change some setting to make it a bit better, but I imagine the ones whining aren't doing that. Its a wonky ass combat system and I think anyone who is being honest about the game will agree. Still fun once you get used to it. Same sort of shit you could say about a game like Daoc.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You can can disable the autofacing and that's been available since the game came out.

I like the combat system in eq2, particularly the ability to target a mob via a player - that's great. The game was running like silk in 2012 or so when I last played, maybe cause computing has finally caught up to the engine design.

It's many things, clunky isn't one of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
OK I can see that Flobee. What I was referring to specifically was the combat abilities themselves.

They fire crisp and clean, with an accurate animation sync. It has an "anime"/RPG feel to the combat. Kind of bouncing and fun in the way a turn-based RPG might look except in real time. Besides the animations, the way damage is done and reported also reminds me of some type of RPG/Anime.

Fun combat has always been one of EQ2's strong points. Ashes of Creation and other games should be so lucky to emulate a good feeling combat system. Its very hard to do because you can't set out to guarantee its fun. Combat is something that is hit or miss, with tiny nuances. Its like GUIs, Twitch versus YouTube. It is easy to say Twitch is better aesthetically, everyone agrees. But when you try to measure the GUI and actually compare Twitch to YouTube with facts, the differences are extremely tiny to non-existent. That's how I feel combat in MMOs is. I haven't looked at Pantheon much or have played it hands-on, but I'd guess its going to miss the mark on great combat-- simply because of how hit or miss combat in MMOs can be.

I felt killing a lowbie area mob in EQ2 was a bit more fun combat-wise than perhaps even WoW.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users