Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Started on Selos, realized 1 month unlocks are too quick for what I want out of a TLP. I'm probably one of the few that didn't spend much time in Classic/Kunark on these TLP's, I usually ended up starting mid Velious/Luclin. Hopefully the experience will be better from the beginning.

Since I have so much time until Kunark, went with mage/mage for my starting duo, I'll do up a cleric when I can twink him a bit, and have an extra mage for CoH or farming later.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
People talk about wanting to be able to run multiple EQ instances on one comp...

If you have multiple comps there is no way I'd run multiple on one comp and have to tab. I have 4 keyboards and almost always hitting 2 or more of the numberpads at the same time to do stuff with all chars. For instance a hotkey to Target and heal enchanter on charm breaks while I'm also Tash, stun, recharming, while also maloing charm pet on mage comp same time. Dont even have to look at cleric or mage comp, just hit numberpads while recharming. Just have to be careful not to spam and get disconnected

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I've heard some people using the VMs on one computer then using the seamless mode to make it like alt-tabable but its still a pain in the ass. youd need a braodcasting program setup like input director or synergy to make it worthwhile. ive never used it but if people arent using mq2 they're using the everquestbot.com programs which also has a broadcasting capability which you could use for VMs i imagine.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Still seems like broadcasting would be harder than multiple numberpads. You'd have to have a ton of hotkeys on one keyboard and would be confusing

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a GM visit me farming mistmoore castle rooftop, told me I had to find a new camp because my "pet was going through doors" to attack monsters. I said thats the way the game works, he said yes poor design find a new spot.

Not surprised they havent done anything about nizzar, as I said there was huge footage of 12 boxer stacking characters in a corner in chardok and they would run out to engage, run back to corner, then /face direction all at the same time, and the GMs didnt ban him. It's pretty amazing you can have such blatant evidence of automated farming and they still won't do it, and if they come and watch you and you respond, its OK cause youre not afk.
it's all bullshit

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
TAKP has a setup where you can box three on one PC and switch between the clients with 1, 2, and 3 buttons on your NumPad. that's the only way i can tolerate boxing more than two. i used to prefer Alt+tabbing for two, but now that True Box has gotten me used to multiple laptops i think i prefer this way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
6314cea56b92f2a7ed484698296c0e00.png

soo whats this mean!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The reality is that somehow a bunch of actual trueboxers will get banned while 80% of the real bots go unscathed.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a board guild rolling? Still poking around on a bard and im pretty ecstatic with the gear @12.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The reality is that somehow a bunch of actual trueboxers will get banned while 80% of the real bots go unscathed.

Someone in a discord was talking about how there's chatter about incoming bans due to some new test server code that's focused on fake keypress detection. If they focus on that... can't help but think it's going to catch a lot of innocent people, even those genuinely trueboxing. I mean, I've gotten multiple disconnects when six boxing and I only use number pads. No multiplicity or synergy or anything like that, just hitting the pads too quickly (and not even at the same time, just a very fast sequence).

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be funny if sending a keypress every 20 minutes to keep me logged in while in commons tunnel now gets me banned.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Betcha they’ll fuck it up and end up banning people that bind multiple skills/things to 1 key

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Would be funny if sending a keypress every 20 minutes to keep me logged in while in commons tunnel now gets me banned.

I mean they suspended people for doing that with /duel and raising kicking skills against a pet or another player. unattended play. depends what youre keypressing

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
When I played on phinny I ended up with my 6 box being mostly melee. I made a macro for my rangers, beastlord & bard which was:
/assist Korillo
/assist on
/cast 1
/cast 2

They were auto followed on me and I used the google chrome mouse clicker, and just set the clicker to click that macro every second.

The game will only disconnect you for keyboard strokes. It does not care at all about mouse clicks. 4 of my pcs were clicking every second and I never got disconnected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tactician

Ancient
Koushirou Koushirou gonna roll a necro and get started here today. Can you hook a brother up with like 2pp so I don't have to run back to neriak third gate every 2 levels for spells? That would be the bro-est of moves. In game name Tact

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Koushirou Koushirou gonna roll a necro and get started here today. Can you hook a brother up with like 2pp so I don't have to run back to neriak third gate every 2 levels for spells? That would be the bro-est of moves. In game name Tact

When I get a break from work I’ll log on and get ya bro.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
WoW Classic cannot come too soon for me to stop playing on these cess pool servers.

If you've got the EQ itch and haven't started playing yet, don't play on Mangler (or probably Selo for that matter). It's not EQ as you remember it. Go play on p99. And i say that with a very high degree of contempt for p99.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users