Everquest Mysteries

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, trolls had a good amount of natural hp regen and iksar had a slight hp regen though
ahh ok, you can tell i never played an int caster. i did barb SHM as my main. DE SK as main twink. i messed around on my Iks MNK and Hum RNG for shits and gigs. i think Iksar has 1hp regen and troll might be 3hp?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
. Had to go and look it up cause no way i remembering, looks like Erudite int 142 to high elf 102 starting
Sounds about right.

And yeah I think it was 10 mana per INT up until 200, then it scaled down until the hard cap of 255 (until AAs increased cap anyways)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
. Had to go and look it up cause no way i remembering, looks like Erudite int 142 to high elf 102 starting
oh, thats pretty decent then. what was their tradeoff to that? long boatride and poor swimming skills? :p

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Iksar monks were boss because of the AC incase you needed to OT a pull for a second and the human fist dmg/delay didn't matter much once you got your tranq staff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
int/wis maxing vs mana regeneration?
i know this was discussed probably on every message board in EQ in its heyday, but was there ever a final consensus as to what was better?

as a shaman i had my answer, high hit points+hp regen/torpor series+cannibalize spells=endless mana.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trolls were nice because they were the only regen for original release. Iksar didn't come out until Kunark, but I always throught the regen was the same at level 60 as trolls. Plus they had a nice AC bonus and max swim skill. Iksar were pretty baller.

Ogre frontal stun immunity was pretty OP for warriors though.

I never bought much into creating characters for starting stats. If you weren't a scrub you were maxing those stats with buffs as early as Kunark.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Troll Shaman also had the Snare Necklace if they worshipped Innoruuk, which was great for soloing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
trolls also had the distinction of being the black plague for any exp groups, troll SKs were the zika+black plague for exp groups. nobody wanted to group trolls during kunark because of the exp penalty. one time, i was lv 57 and bored with exping every day at the same spots in OS getting crap exp. one of my troll SK friends was telling me he and i could duo chardok and be EXP KINGS! so i was like, uh sure, lets hit that shit. so we head over to chardok and there was like one dude in the zone. another troll SK. and all of a sudden i was grouped with 2 of them! i was like holy shit, i aint getting any exp today. but then these guys started pulling fuckloads of mobs and between slowing everything and sending out heals i never had time to watch my exp bar. after a few hours, we decided to head out. i looked at my bar and i had like a bubble and a half of exp progress which is awesome compared to OS froggies. i asked my friend how his exp was and his reply was. "my bar moved a little, i think". that was some bullshit.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Troll and iksar HP regen was the same

Erudites had no night vision (along with barbarians and humans)

Dark Elf innate hide and ultravision was one of the best racials for INT casters.

Halfling innate hide+sneak, highest natural dexterity, and not having to carry around shrink potions was arguably more valuable than Ogre stun immunity and bulkiness. Sneak allows for halfling warriors to do some sweet pulling tricks that weren't as well known "back in the day" since the mechanics are a bit of a learning curve.

It was possible to raise Blackburrow faction by killing Surefall Glade residents. I always wanted to max out my Blackburrow EXP and go hail Lord Elgnub. Maybe will some day.

Lord Elgnub's name backwards is Bungle. Supposedly a Mr. Bungle reference.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Halfling also retained a 10% exp bonus even after they cut the Exp Penalties from the game.

If I remember the #s right, Warriors had a 10% bonus, Rogues had a 5% bonus. The game just didn't tell the player about it the same way they did the Penalties.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Troll and iksar HP regen was the same

Erudites had no night vision (along with barbarians and humans)

Dark Elf innate hide and ultravision was one of the best racials for INT casters.

Halfling innate hide+sneak, highest natural dexterity, and not having to carry around shrink potions was arguably more valuable than Ogre stun immunity and bulkiness. Sneak allows for halfling warriors to do some sweet pulling tricks that weren't as well known "back in the day" since the mechanics are a bit of a learning curve.

It was possible to raise Blackburrow faction by killing Surefall Glade residents. I always wanted to max out my Blackburrow EXP and go hail Lord Elgnub. Maybe will some day.

Lord Elgnub's name backwards is Bungle. Supposedly a Mr. Bungle reference.
Troll and iksar regen was not the same. Iksar was 2/tick and troll was like 5 or 6