Everquest Mysteries

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
trolls also had the distinction of being the black plague for any exp groups, troll SKs were the zika+black plague for exp groups. nobody wanted to group trolls during kunark because of the exp penalty. one time, i was lv 57 and bored with exping every day at the same spots in OS getting crap exp. one of my troll SK friends was telling me he and i could duo chardok and be EXP KINGS! so i was like, uh sure, lets hit that shit. so we head over to chardok and there was like one dude in the zone. another troll SK. and all of a sudden i was grouped with 2 of them! i was like holy shit, i aint getting any exp today. but then these guys started pulling fuckloads of mobs and between slowing everything and sending out heals i never had time to watch my exp bar. after a few hours, we decided to head out. i looked at my bar and i had like a bubble and a half of exp progress which is awesome compared to OS froggies. i asked my friend how his exp was and his reply was. "my bar moved a little, i think". that was some bullshit.

The worst part about all of this is that I don't remember it being very readily explained that there were differences in exp by class/race and that people initially figured it out on their own. I kinda remember a dev letter later stating the exact numbers. I could be wrong.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The worst part about all of this is that I don't remember it being very readily explained that there were differences in exp by class/race and that people initially figured it out on their own. I kinda remember a dev letter later stating the exact numbers. I could be wrong.
they denied that shit for years. fucking brad and fucking abashi on the old whineboard used to snark people bringing it up.

that bullshit board is one of the main reasons why i gravitated toward Noows. was only realtalk there and the fuckheads at EQ couldnt do anything bout it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I could've sworn troll regen was better, but I never played a troll. My first attempt at an alt was an Iksar Monk during Velious, but I think I only made it to the 30s or 40s before I decided alts weren't really my thing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
they were the same on EQMac, which was time locked to 2002. doesn't seem like the sort of thing they would have changed between 2000 and 2002.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I was talking about the one from PoH

hQ85vgy.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh thats an older graphic, from PoFear or Hate ,right? i had a shield with that graphic too,
45fe5fcdc66fc86f89aadc8bf3fffe17.png

wasnt a big thang.

i was referring to this one.
latest?cb=20130406143433

2e84c73ece8a3de6b0a7e76672db54ce.png

• 1Solidarity

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah it was from Plane of Hate, off the miniature dracoliches i think.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Love this thread. I used to farm that giant clock work spider in SF and always wondered about those giant gears. *You could single pull the giant spider by aggro-ing a little clock work spider and running by.

plSkyxl.jpg

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one time there was some loot table glitch in OS at the start of luclin i think. mobs 50+ started randomly dropping ANCIENT spells, so we headed over there and sure enough it was true, we got several spells and the feather in the cap was
XJiogxJ.png

our group had no cleric so we had to race the clock to get one down there. dude made it with like seconds to spare. we then discovered that ancient aego stacked with regular aego and bard buff stacked with that. it was totally broken, but because we were maybe one of a few in the game with that spell at the time we never told anyone and it gave us a huge advantage at future encounters. didnt even bother having a warrior tank certain zone bosses anymore. we let the SKs do it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Sad no MMO will ever have these conversations tied to it. I'm not sure where it all went wrong but it was nice to have a smaller pool of items, quests, and mobs. Everything was more notable, memorable, and sought after. Instead now, everything is so generalized and I couldn't tell you a single piece of equipment in any other game. I used to spend so much time after one time or another, begging or waiting for groups, just so I can have a chance at a item.

Wonder if any of Vanilla EQ is still undiscovered in terms of quests or if mob, item, quest, or place that is in the files that was never implemented?

Wonder if any of Vanilla EQ is still undiscovered in terms of quests or if mob, item, quest, or place that is in the files that was never implemented?

Ogre Marinade. Look it up.

Rumor has it p2002 devs will be "finishing" this recipe once expansion is finished! So, if you needed a reason to check out p2002 before... well now you have it !!!

:smart:

7psVaCS.jpg

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
Fighting for so long in HS on my wood elf warrior and bottoming out my faction, only for it to somehow wrap around to max ally. You're damn right I grabbed an OT hammer!

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's something I long for, is undiscovered quests/items/etc. There was something amazing about that time in games before datamining really became popular. Of course it's always nice to have a database to go look up the shit after the fact but currently in WoW for example, we had tons of voice lines and quests and dialogue before the beta for the new expansion even came out. It's kind of a bummer honestly.