Everquest - Phinigel server

Noahx

N00b
Can someone give me a quick guide on what I should be saving as I level up for spell research?
Basically the words/runes/etc stuff is gone and you have "hides" + a component to create spells. Hides removes the needing p142 and 134 type of bs. Hides drop off just about everything so you farm them and buy... other comps like giant toes etc are usually farmed and you end up paying for them via auctioning.

Sterling

El Presidente
He said he remembers you as a DE SK? (love the fucking name btw lol)
Yeah we used to krono farm before there was kronos. Had an absurd amount of plat back then. Plus I had a little 52 gnome warrior that was better geared than a lot of raid tanks back then.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
What's the viability of paladins like on these servers? At least looking through PoP... am i gonna regret making one etc?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the viability of paladins like on these servers? At least looking through PoP... am i gonna regret making one etc?
They're rough until SoV and especially SoL - but then they take off like a freight train of awesome.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly horrible, the buff on raid bosses makes some VP dragons hit harder than AoW. Warriors are mandatory just about in Kunark so as long as you are fine being a group tank and poor DPS youll like paladin.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Paladins are fine in Classic. They are good and groups and you can use them to tank anything on raids.

In Kunark they are good in groups and do absolutely nothing on raids. Maybe you use Lay on Hands at a good time. That's it.

Noahx

N00b
If you are going to roll one - now would be the time since "Tanks" are desired when in a leveling surge. You'll be fine tanking anything classic and even good in raids. Kunark hits and things change a bit (SKs pull ahead and Warriors mitigate better) except you still do fine in regular content... your raid role will probably change to supportive/DT/Cures. I've always had a soft spot for paladins - they get a shiton of cool weapons in Sky.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So are people just stacking up in Luxurys guild or is there a forum mistwalkers joke guild going or what

rad

Lord of Guk
bYGOUHP.gif

Roknok INC BROS.. If you need a shammy and frequent swamp like environments, YELL!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I played Mage on Ragefire (just like every other living person) simply because it was just retardedly overpowered, is the pet mitigation strong enough to where the class isn't necessarily overpowered anymore? Or is it still probably the most OP group class in the game? Thanks

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I went necro to start, even though I might switch to rogue later. Having a harder time deciding on a race for my rogue. Part of me wants gnome, but I love batman helm/plate look on half elves.

Meanwhile, gonna hold up leveling right now. Not a single mob to kill in starter zones.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am bouncing between necro and wizard but I did play Wizard on Lockjaw and it was fine I didn't end up doing any raiding. I just don't want to be one of 10 million necros even though I know eventually most will quit.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I am bouncing between necro and wizard but I did play Wizard on Lockjaw and it was fine I didn't end up doing any raiding. I just don't want to be one of 10 million necros even though I know eventually most will quit.
If you end up sticking with it it's good to have a farm class even if whatever you level 2nd ends up being your main.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If you end up sticking with it it's good to have a farm class even if whatever you level 2nd ends up being your main.
That is a good point. I do plan to play for at least a few years.

Saved all my names regardless.

Gnome necro named Subutai.