Everquest - Phinigel server

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Indeed Sagnid - I have NEVER played an ENC in my life - and have carried raids at this point.

Either the class really isn't that hard or they've toned down the "difficulty" aspect of being a good ENC drastically.

I do feel bad about how I "dumb lucked" into the FOTM combo though - I just thought "Hey, I'll have a buff bitch that mezzes a little" when I picked to do CLR/ENC - not "Hey this will be OP as fuck".
Enchanters have always been EQ's Godmode class they have also been the most successful class at hiding it. Necro club has its don't talk about necro club rule. Enchanters on the other hand have waged a 16 year long disinformation campaign claiming they're completely useless as long as there is a single mob in same zone as them that that cant be mezzed charmed.

My guess from looking at the prices stupid +cha items are being sold for means a lot of people are onto the secret now.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
So instead of my usual SK i went necro...............and i am not regretting it. Very powerful

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Sagnid makes a good point, while we cant have the items on ragefire, we could use the krono to sell for plat to fund our raids instead of requiring every bob and joe to carry every thing (2x sky 2x hate etc). With the double xp, people flew to 50 and didnt gain much plat.

I remember awhile ago Thraka said the reason he was in control of the guild bank was because every previous guild bank (maybe he was referring to fippy) had ended up RMTing something or corrupt, and that he had never done such a thing so the guild bank being in his control was the way to go.

And yeah necros are awesome :p

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Sagnid makes a good point, while we cant have the items on ragefire, we could use the krono to sell for plat to fund our raids instead of requiring every bob and joe to carry every thing (2x sky 2x hate etc). With the double xp, people flew to 50 and didnt gain much plat.

I remember awhile ago Thraka said the reason he was in control of the guild bank was because every previous guild bank (maybe he was referring to fippy) had ended up RMTing something or corrupt, and that he had never done such a thing so the guild bank being in his control was the way to go.

And yeah necros are awesome :p
The guild bank went missing on Fippy before I was even an officer last time. People rumored it to be one of two officers, when I left TL on Fippy, I handed Zain the entire guild bank. Because none of the officers wanted to stay and help with Ragefire, the guild disbanded so the guild funds had nowhere to go. I will not fund or support another guild on another server, no matter how much they say it was a "TL Spin off".

krysanth

The guild bank went missing on Fippy before I was even an officer last time. People rumored it to be one of two officers, when I left TL on Fippy, I handed Zain the entire guild bank. Because none of the officers wanted to stay and help with Ragefire, the guild disbanded so the guild funds had nowhere to go. I will not fund or support another guild on another server, no matter how much they say it was a "TL Spin off".
I still plan on playing Ragefire would gladly take some items

Grisvok_sl

shitlord
Every guild without Thraka must be a "spin off" of TL. It is odd not having a useless afk person sitting as guild leader collecting parceled Krono. Very convenient to say a guild comprised of nearly every person that was left on RF is a "spin off."

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Every guild without Thraka must be a "spin off" of TL. It is odd not having a useless afk person sitting as guild leader collecting parceled Krono. Very convenient to say a guild comprised of nearly every person that was left on RF is a "spin off."
Any version of "TL" that isn't being led by myself, Zain, Drillisen or Tullian. Is not a TL Spin off, the fact that you guys used that as an attempt to recruit people was hilarious. You talk big for a guy who was afk for 80% of classic. It was you guys who wanted to go to Phinigel, I apologize for not wanting to following suit into a core of people that make awful decisions. I'm also sorry for not "funding" the success of a competing guild.

Torok_sl

shitlord
Heh so the members who have been part of all of the previous incarnations don't count because they don't have one of the "chosen" former leaders with them? 2 of which haven't had a role in any form of TL in over 4 years? One barely had a presence on ragefire, and the last who ran off with the guildbank, even though now generously offering loot from it on a dieing server. We've already matched up all of TLs old marks and a majority of the TL playerbase is still with us. The guildleader doesn't make the guild, the members do. I don't agree with much of the head butting and chest thumping going on here, but that right there is pretty asinine.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Instead of looking at it like funding an opposite guild, why not determine an amount of krono per guildie, and then let ex-TL guildies collect their allotted amount. Then you're funding TL members, and not a new guild. I look at those kronos as an accumulation of effort from people under the TL tag.

Sagnid_sl

shitlord
Instead of looking at it like funding an opposite guild, why not determine an amount of krono per guildie, and then let ex-TL guildies collect their allotted amount. Then you're funding TL members, and not a new guild. I look at those kronos as an accumulation of effort from people under the TL tag.
I am not sure who you are but don't bother. Thraka has made it clear that he won't be giving the krono away. If keeping the fruits of an entire guilds efforts bring him joy then so be it. He's made his bed, and I won't soon let him forget it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From what Ive seen from Ragefire to Phinny it seems very true in general. TLPs just have a huge rate of attrition from the small experience I have on these 2. Phinny is awesome though, having way more fun and really enjoying the no box. The only reason I ever ran a mage army was more out of necessity than actually wanting to do it.

PS arent we missing like 200-300 krono from guild bank? People keep talking about loot but I was under the impression it was krono. I could be wrong as I often am though, who knows what the fuck to believe.
Yea Krassus, I didn't give a shit about the NoBot stuff - in fact, I thought it would be annoying - but it really is something I really want to see continued as long as possible.

More and more it amazes me how (barring the instance glitches in Hate/Hole) amazing this is at recapturing the magic. And how little need there is for drama anymore.

krysanth

Yea Krassus, I didn't give a shit about the NoBot stuff - in fact, I thought it would be annoying - but it really is something I really want to see continued as long as possible.

More and more it amazes me how (barring the instance glitches in Hate/Hole) amazing this is at recapturing the magic. And how little need there is for drama anymore.
Its interesting. I usually run with a 6 box and therefore dont group with others often. Phinny forced me to group to get shit done, and i kind of like it and i kind of don't. For one, I was constantly getting shit players that just sucked and made my groups suck. On the other hand it was nice to socialize again and not be so busy. After boxing 6, playing one toon is easy and less stressful.

Grisvok_sl

shitlord
Any version of "TL" that isn't being led by myself, Zain, Drillisen or Tullian. Is not a TL Spin off, the fact that you guys used that as an attempt to recruit people was hilarious. You talk big for a guy who was afk for 80% of classic. It was you guys who wanted to go to Phinigel, I apologize for not wanting to following suit into a core of people that make awful decisions. I'm also sorry for not "funding" the success of a competing guild.
Damn that is the most egotistic thing ive heard yet. First, drillisen is in our guild. Second, you did basically nothing on ragefire (I was 90% attendance till the rotation started). You are possibly the worst leader of any guild ive ever been in. No one likes you and you whine like a little girl. Every single officer that left RF for phinny complained about you doing nothing and making stupid decisions out of the blue. So please, get off your high horse. TL has had serveral hundred members over the past 4 years, you honestly must be a complete moron to think only a select 4 people can lead it.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Damn that is the most egotistic thing ive heard yet. First, drillisen is in our guild. Second, you did basically nothing on ragefire (I was 90% attendance till the rotation started). You are possibly the worst leader of any guild ive ever been in. No one likes you and you whine like a little girl. Every single officer that left RF for phinny complained about you doing nothing and making stupid decisions out of the blue. So please, get off your high horse. TL has had serveral hundred members over the past 4 years, you honestly must be a complete moron to think only a select 4 people can lead it.
Think I struck a nerve. Can you tell your guild leader who hates me very much to stop having friendly conversations with me and complaining about you and Sagnid?

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Whats it like knowing mabbu is your superior in that guild?
I never had any issues with Mabbu, other then he fell asleep in my exp group. Hows it feel telling people you were from a guild that was led by me and using it as a recruitment tool? How does it feel knowing that your current leadership can't stand you or Sagnid?

Grisvok_sl

shitlord
I dont think your name has come up a single time in recruitment. Most people came back for elaida, dril, dannin, tyree, etc. And my biggest recruitment tool has been dominating this server =)