Everquest - Phinigel server

Fuck EQ and Holly. That God damned game disconnects me everytime I group with my brother, and I'm fucking sick of it.

Holly and company can go fuck themselves.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea. I'm just fucking sick of the broken ass true box code.
In the situation you've been discussing over on EQLive, I'd try running a long RJ-45 to the router OR running both machines wirelessly - as well as making sure you guys use separate common hotkeys.

Literally the situation you're talking about with 1-2 extra boxes versus y'all never does that for Lor and I. (And I'm actually too scared to force her machines hotkeys to vary from mine, even - because I know she'd find some way to turn it into a stupid argument....)

It can be fixed for sure on your end. Just a question of figuring out what it is - and with the lag being different from wireless vs. wired, I'd probably start there.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Can't one of you just play through a VPN?
VPN = instant ban

--

and, yeah, i have no problem running two boxes... both through the same router, but one is connected wirelessly and the other connected with an ethernet cable. not sure if that's why, but i've never had a problem keeping both on.

Vaclav

VPN = instant ban

--

and, yeah, i have no problem running two boxes... both through the same router, but one is connected wirelessly and the other connected with an ethernet cable. not sure if that's why, but i've never had a problem keeping both on.
It's not instant - I've logged in through mine when I forgot to turn it off on my alt at least once. It let me in but disconned me when I zoned and wouldn't let me back in until I un-VPN'ed. And that account is still running today.

Admittedly I've only logged in that one ~5 min stretch though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone tried sandboxie? Someone swore other day in general chat that sandboxie works for boxing on same computer. But I havent felt like burning 2 kronos to test it cause ya I thought VPN was insta ban.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't take much of a PC to play classic. Any dusty old machine you have laying around should be good enough til Luclin or PoP.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I wish but my old laptop from like 2006 says its GPU is an "integrated intel graphics" and has no D3D/no graphics to find online to run EQ, even though back in 2006 it ran EQ.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soon it begins...

rrr_img_127650.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm pretty pumped for Kunark myself. I'm sure I won't feel that way in a month, but man I'm tired of classic.

Vaclav

I'm pretty pumped for Kunark myself. I'm sure I won't feel that way in a month, but man I'm tired of classic.
I personally loathe Kunark overall - but change of pace and more room to spread out will be good. Plus leveling will occupy me for a bit.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Just wish i had another week... bah.

Hit 36 and 4\5 yellows and i go back to work tomorrow
frown.png
did almost 8 levels yesterday in lower guk but that's just not enough.

I'm worried that there will be a shift upwards in levels where people won't be playing alts till they hit 60 and Itll be harder to catch up.

Vaclav

Just wish i had another week... bah.

Hit 36 and 4\5 yellows and i go back to work tomorrow
frown.png
did almost 8 levels yesterday in lower guk but that's just not enough.

I'm worried that there will be a shift upwards in levels where people won't be playing alts till they hit 60 and Itll be harder to catch up.
36/37 is high enough to group with 55 or so - you should be fine. Not sure how many people are willing to let a low level group with them to help them along, but never been a huge deal for me at least.