Everquest - Phinigel server

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point DBG is just in "squeeze as much money out of EQ as possible" with minimum effort.

Probably why there is clarity pots, sow pots, regen pots in the store now :p

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's just needlessly incompetent. If they had just said something up front they could have just ignored this crap.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Telling people the day after the server launches (not even same day, mind you) that exp on Phinny would be less than it was on Ragefire and Lockjaw when it wasn't super quick on those servers is retarded.

People really wanted to play on a server with box restrictions and instancing. There are lots of refugees from Ragefire and Lockjaw that still want to play EQ. There are lots of people who choose not to play at all on those servers and are interested in trying this one out.

There is no fucking reason to go for extra credit and crank down the exp rates.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The DBG white knighting on their forums is fucking hilarious & super ironic. People were expecting rates to be the same as RF & Lockjaw because there was nothing stating they WOULD be different. Just another example of very poor execution. EXP rates aren't the end of the world, but we are talking about content many of us have done multiple times. We didn't want this server for a 1999/classic type of experience they clearly cannot offer.

DBG is clearly staffed by the stupidest mother fuckers on Earth.

They had a potential money cow with that Phinny server, and they just shot it in the mother fucking foot with that shit ass slow experience rate. That server is going to die fast.

Get your Kronos while you can.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
This couldn't be played any better to get me to unsubscribe. My guild on LJ probably isn't going to have the numbers to raid going forward. Redoing the grind I basically *just* finished would be bad enough, but they made it even more time consuming to get back to where I already am. I'll probably stick around for a month or so but unless there are transfers, mergers, instancing or *something* for Lockjaw, I'm done.

Phinny would have been close to my ideal server if they had started with it or launched it in three years. Right now, I'm not interested. I don't think they're getting anything like the rush they got for Ragefire, either. At least that's my sense of the server population.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You know, we've got this goose here that we think will lay golden eggs. That could take a lot of time and energy. What if we just cut it open and took all the eggs now?

That's what Phinny is like with the sow pots, regen pots, haste pots, and decreased exp rate. Rather than just making some good money on this new TLP that had features everyone wanted from the get go they had to fuck it up all up and not tell anyone about the exp changes until the day after the server launched.

This couldn't be played any better to get me to unsubscribe. My guild on LJ probably isn't going to have the numbers to raid going forward. Redoing the grind I basically *just* finished would be bad enough, but they made it even more time consuming to get back to where I already am. I'll probably stick around for a month or so but unless there are transfers, mergers, instancing or *something* for Lockjaw, I'm done.

Phinny would have been close to my ideal server if they had started with it or launched it in three years. Right now, I'm not interested. I don't think they're getting anything like the rush they got for Ragefire, either. At least that's my sense of the server population.
You just reminded how fucking slow the grind was from 50 to 60 on Ragefire. There is no way in hell I am doing that again at the rate of exp gain on Phinny. Fuck that! Holly can go shove that server up her ass.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You just reminded how fucking slow the grind was from 50 to 60 on Ragefire. There is no way in hell I am doing that again at the rate of exp gain on Phinny. Fuck that! Holly can go shove that server up her ass.
Was the 50-60 grind on progression servers as bad as p99s grind? I'd quit if I had to do that at half speed.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Redoing the grind I basically *just* finished would be bad enough, but they made it even more time consuming to get back to where I already am. I'll probably stick around for a month or so but unless there are transfers, mergers, instancing or *something* for Lockjaw, I'm done.
Yep, Daybreak didn't even bother consider how many players on Phinny would be refugees from Ragefire and Lockjaw and that those players would be looking at not only redoing the level grind but do it even slower.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm still pretty confident we'll see LJ+RF merge and a velious launch early next year. Only way any of this works.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yep, Daybreak didn't even bother consider how many players on Phinny would be refugees from Ragefire and Lockjaw and that those players would be looking at not only redoing the level grind but do it even slower.
I disagree. I think they knew that the vast majority would be from those servers. Since those people are already paying the sub fee, nickel and diming them is their main way to increase revenue

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Exactly. People aren't playing this server for a "'99 play style" like these retards on the official forums think. We have done this leveling many times, we don't want to spend an additional 50-100hrs leveling. I also had no idea all those pots were live on the server. How fucking stupid can they be? Did it never cross their minds that, "Holy fuck, these fucking players will notice immediately we tuned down the exp rate". Look fucking stupid as fuck now. They clearly did it to sell pots & think it would extend subscriptions.