Everquest - Phinigel server

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there any easy way to setup advance loot to something like round robin or to just pop up auto roll for all? If I understand the basic tutorial on the official website it depends on the master looter and people in the group setting up their personal loot lists correctly. Sounds like a pain.

Vaclav

Don't make me track down your posts about how gosh darn gee whiz you were going to beforcedto lead again and that hey, if someone had wronged you in the past you were willing to give them a second chance. The rope would be short of course as youneverforget. That's just the kind of magnanimous individual you are.
I got too wrapped up in trying to make people happy and didn't think of myself - not really magnanimous, I think everyone else was just a bit lazy to be honest. And I'm always a forgiving person - it's how I've been raised. (Catholic or just my parents? Unsure, I'd chalk it up to Catholic though)

You were the first level 20 and 30 on Vazaelle and then ghosted (or rerolled from your Erudite Cleric). I don't recall you ever hitting 50 or 60. And i remember this because i was the second level 20 and 30 on Vazaelle and right behind you. People are paying you homage because of this or what am i missing?
I was in Sacred Fires up until the guild as a whole went to DAoC and I followed (in fact, the guild insisted everyone should come - even to the point when I said I didn't really feel like we could afford to upgrade our machines for it [this was right near when I was ending my education] - Firanel the leader suggested selling my account. I ended up making the finances work however - and I did hit L60 in Velk's Lab with Empa and Onshuu in my group IIRC in fact. Took me like 4 days or something for L60 there, was ludicrous. We even raided (partial - not the full section) NToV, far more WToV, Kael, and Zlandicar though, a few times and I was one of the few that had gotten an ST key when the guild switched games. [I however did not enjoy DAoC and lasted zero time there]

Perhaps you're thinking of servers previous to Vazaelle though - back when servers were coming out every other month or so I did have a number of servers where I was way ahead of the pack (Qeynos had so many exploits - back when I was willing to exploit blatant stuff) - but then found I didn't like my class. I had a Rogue and Monk that were both retired around 20-30 because I found I disliked the class and a new server popped up that gave me the excuse to jet)

Either way, this is turning into some discussion. Arbitrary hitting the nail on the head. Basically, all of the people still neckbearding EQ in 2015 are nerds stuck in '99 and '00. Shit never changes. You guys should go play P99 if you want somehighlycompetitive EQ.
Not a fan of high competition anymore - not sure where you'd get that idea. I was just saying if you dial back expectations a bit things can be MANAGEABLE. [And note, I have revised that opinion - I tried my first real "PUG" style throw together whatever is available group and the XP was a slog in one of my favorite zones - although I'd technically not min-maxed building my groups before they'd ended up stacked - often double charming ENCs, often 1-2 wizards, etc]

Are you sure that wasn't just because their group decided on erudites for the early leveling path? lol.
Yep, talked to him after the fact and apparently he was willing to be more flexible this time (in fact he picked the wrong deity - he's Prexus this time for a better Origin) - but when we first bumped back into each other on Ragefire (we'd been out of touch besides rare EQLive contact) he'd said that other ERU clerics he made over the years would remind him of me. I'd assumed it was the same now, apparently incorrectly to a degree. [He did still want to do the Paineel CLR quests though - but he's dreading the faction without Warrens]

Vaclav

I think Vaclav might legitimately have some sort of disorder
I absolutely do - won't deny it - I personally have terrible RL confidence but yet apparently come of as some super confident badass online when I'm not. =/ Seriously, I'm the kind of guy that literally, not even once in his entire life asked a woman out seriously (I did once when I was like 8 or something... woohoo!) - I've got that level of non-confidence. Just make some little trivia statement and it's suddenly "OH SHIT, WE'VE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE!"

I do OK at best. My only amazing EQ traits are fading - used to have encyclopaedic memory for up through PoP that is starting to fail me and with my health being work friendly again, excessive time should no longer be a thing soon, I'd hope. [I'd been waiting for 2016 so I'm starting on a fresh FY - had made up my mind around October]

It's full p2w. The health regen potions are 25/tick, stamina/int/wis potions that raise the stat cap by 50 etc.
The potions are that ridiculous? Holy shit... I saw them and assumed they weren't too ridiculous, like the Breeze pots which seemed to be like 1/tick per 10 levels or something - nice, but not too ludicrous. (I know I got 2/tick the one I tested. I think I was 11 at the time? Math/memory could easily be off though)

Don't worry, if they ever revert the exp, people will start crying about something else, i'm sure those potions will be one of those things.
Absolutely they will be, there was one or two threads that popped up about potions, but they were quickly replaced by the XP rate complaints. (And sometimes overlapping with, since 25% pots mitigate the XP rate)

Ran into Ronne in Grobb, Cummstain in Neriak and saw Vaclav's dead body in Qeynos. Yes I get around.
XP started to get to me, so started doing some abuse of charming the bard NPCs - 100 hitters buzzsaw at L22, hah. After the last death I got too fed up with pushing for 23. Making headway, but too frustrating ATM.

Dialing back to aiming at a level a day I think - and still might skip today to cool off a bit. Really bugs me that the XP rate is so bad that you really have to stack a group to get reasonable XP now that I finally ended up in a non-stacked group. Perspective is a bitch sometimes. I'd lucked into good groups over and over rather than the XP being as I was presenting it earlier.

So what do we think: Dragons die, exp is increased? Or nope?
I don't imagine it'll be automatic when they die. I hope they're not so stupid as to keep it this bad eternally though - but with the holidays coming up it seems to me the safe bet would be post-New Years.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
A smart company would do that, but I don't think they are really that smart, I think they just jump from crisis to crisis with a bunch of dumb neckbeard devs who are on the low end of the industry talent pool and execs who have no idea how to run with success.

The best play would have been to announce slow XP early on, it would have had more fans then. And then also announce a plan to slowly increase xp as time went on so people who play 10 hours a week or less wouldn't be stuck wondering whether they are perma fucked or just temporarily fucked.

I can't give these guys any sort of credit for having some kind of master plan because I really do just think they are your typical reactionary execs who you tend to find at this sort of struggling stagnant company.

Vaclav

A smart company would do that, but I don't think they are really that smart, I think they just jump from crisis to crisis with a bunch of dumb neckbeard devs who are on the low end of the industry talent pool and execs who have no idea how to run with success.

The best play would have been to announce slow XP early on, it would have had more fans then. And then also announce a plan to slowly increase xp as time went on so people who play 10 hours a week or less wouldn't be stuck wondering whether they are perma fucked or just temporarily fucked.

I can't give these guys any sort of credit for having some kind of master plan because I really do just think they are your typical reactionary execs who you tend to find at this sort of struggling stagnant company.
I could see it maybe getting relaxed a week at a time, but it seems "too smart" for some of their decisions right now for me to think it's a good odds. Because as you said in your closing bit - they're firefighting more than being proactive. =/

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Level 2 warrior LFG bros, finally able to start if anyone is also starting up and wants to group.

Sterling

El Presidente
Make sure everyone is in the chat channel! Rerolled:rerolled. Will be on later in the quest to not be low level anymore.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Level 2 warrior LFG bros, finally able to start if anyone is also starting up and wants to group.
Really wanted to play while I have six more weeks of paternity leave but with exp rates so shitty I don't want to waste my time. Chances are I won't even be 50 before I go back most likely.

Sagnid_sl

shitlord
Really wanted to play while I have six more weeks of paternity leave but with exp rates so shitty I don't want to waste my time. Chances are I won't even be 50 before I go back most likely.
That is more then enough time to get to a decent level, even casually. I also believe there is a good chance they are going to adjust the experience rate now that we have figures on how long it takes to level 50.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm having fun just dicking around blackburrow and enjoying some nostalgia.

level 9 at 12 hours /played

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd have joined myself but I just can't do weekend raids. The guild I joined has some good people, but the majority of the guild is like level 15 right now which is pretty obnoxious if we ever actually want to raid. My wizard is Malaki in game if anyone cares!

Crone

Korrupt, ill tag into SA later if you guys joined up just literally getting on now for the first time.

@Sagnid welcome, cleric officer Dannin approve those posts sir?
Level 1 Halfling Druid chiming in. Nigil is the name. Hit me up? I'm in game now for a couple hours (pending kids stay asleep that long).