Everquest - Phinigel server

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmm interesting. Maybe safer to go rogue in the long run though.
Super awful in classic, but yea, they pick up speed quick. High gear come Velious. (And solid as hell in Kunark w/ Epic)

vs. lagging behind in Kunark/Velious after being decent in Classic before high gear in Luclin/PoP

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Your SKs are complete garbage if a ranger is parsing anywhere near them in Kunark.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
gg sony.. dad lost 13 krono cause he was tryin to trade it and it wasnt working.. after a couple of attempts he realized it was serverwide (like everyone else) so he petitions that they're all gone and they replied that it was a looting problem and wont be refunded. he's got a log of the parcel npc saying the krono couldnt be sent so going to upload that.

rad

Lord of Guk
gg sony.. dad lost 13 krono cause he was tryin to trade it and it wasnt working.. after a couple of attempts he realized it was serverwide (like everyone else) so he petitions that they're all gone and they replied that it was a looting problem and wont be refunded. he's got a log of the parcel npc saying the krono couldnt be sent so going to upload that.
Yeah wtf? I'm still missing one. Are they really not going to replace, wow.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
really wheres it say h1z1.. yeesh fuckers need to separate that game from everything else

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
The guy doing the DDOS was posting about it on his twitter account last night but I forget the name of it. He's not saying why he's doing it but he is a pretty well known DDOS attacker w/ almost 100k followers. He is targeting h1z1, EQ1/2 are just collateral
damage from all of DBG's networks being linked.

Edit: Found itproxseas (@TheProxseas) | Twitter

rad

Lord of Guk
If they really refuse to reimburse, I think I'll be cancelling. 1 krono is nothing in the scheme of things. (12 is a different story) However if they're not willing to stand behind their product, I have zero faith had it been a larger amount they would of protected me as a customer against something completely out of my control. Very poor form.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's really annoying as shit that it's a necessary evil to spam invite on these servers. I send a tell to a Druid in my guild today that's level 50, trying to strike up a conversation about PLing, and if he ever does it for cash. First of all, he's a D-bag until he realizes were in the same guild, and then after that, starts to proclaim how he's a known PLer from Lockjaw, as if I should know who he is. WTF? This is what spam invites get you, but if you don't, attrition will get you just as fast. Fuck!
shit like this is why i wish that the instanced raid mobs weren't the buffed versions. at this point i've done EQ so much, all i really want the game for is to get together with a handful or two of chill people and have fun. i don't want to have to zerg with shitlords in order to do worthwhile content.

Vaclav

If they really refuse to reimburse, I think I'll be cancelling. 1 krono is nothing in the scheme of things. (12 is a different story) However if they're not willing to stand behind their product, I have zero faith had it been a larger amount they would of protected me as a customer against something completely out of my control. Very poor form.
I'd imagine the GM he got to respond was a dumbass - Windstalker said they were looking at krono issues.

Might need to patient for them to be back, but until she says "won't be reimbursed" I'd not assume that bad GM response is the law of the land.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd imagine the GM he got to respond was a dumbass - Windstalker said they were looking at krono issues.

Might need to patient for them to be back, but until she says "won't be reimbursed" I'd not assume that bad GM response is the law of the land.
@Windstalker Excuse me ma'am but I seem to be missing roughly 700 krono. Please fix, your friend and revenue maker, Frenzic

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Did DDOS attacks ever happen while EQ was under Sony? I don't ever recall hearing anything of the sort.

Vaclav

@Windstalker Excuse me ma'am but I seem to be missing roughly 700 krono. Please fix, your friend and revenue maker, Frenzic
Precisely why the GMs (or is it just one now? LOL) are instructed to answer in the way they got. I'd imagine if/when a fix happens it'll be dev doing some sort of rollback as special cases rather than something out of the GM policies and procedures.

Few businesses let general CS personnel determine cases like this in my experience. Management+ only AKA Holly and the dev team. (Or their bosses)

Vaclav

Did DDOS attacks ever happen while EQ was under Sony? I don't ever recall hearing anything of the sort.
They did - Vulak/Fippy era had a month long one for one. But it seems the ability to DDOS is ramping up quickly in comparison to the ability to defend against them, or something.

Crone

They did - Vulak/Fippy era had a month long one for one. But it seems the ability to DDOS is ramping up quickly in comparison to the ability to defend against them, or something.
Let's get the details right. The month long one wasn't because of DDoS, it was when Sony was hacked, and they took down all of their servers in order to "fix" the holes in their security! lol