Everquest - Phinigel server

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, keyed VP is a terrible decision for the general population. It's going to take people long enough to get 60, then to do the clusterfuck key quest? Velious will easily be on the doorstep. Oh well, having done VP for almost 4 years on P99, i give 0 fucks. Fuck VP.
VP isn't that bad with skilled pullers and can be done in 45m, it sucks a dick when you have backup pullers or people who haven't done it before and you spend 2 hours +. They key though is going to be a cluster fuck on Phinny for most guilds but I am not concerned about my guild getting keyed at all. Epics and loot will bedazzle the other guilds at the start along with slow XP to 60.

Kunark should be fun for the instance only guilds too, Gorenaire and Trakanon up the difficulty factor from classic by a ton and won't be being done by 45 poorly geared under leveled people. People are really going to have to focus on 60 above all to raid the next tier.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, the announcement for LJ/RF regarding Velious mobs being buffed is potentially worrying too.... if they goof up that scaling or just do it lazily by using MotM as is....? LOL... AoW and Vulak will take hours....

Vaclav

And oh man, making a post on Live I just realized something even worse with MotM - imagine a Tunare raid with all the mobs there that would get MotM..... with a 6 hr limit on the instance.... lol....

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, the announcement for LJ/RF regarding Velious mobs being buffed is potentially worrying too.... if they goof up that scaling or just do it lazily by using MotM as is....? LOL... AoW and Vulak will take hours....
You mean AoW will be impossible? Didn't he quad for 1200 as standard? There is no amount of AC or defensive that could make a tank live through 1 round of a MoTM quadding AoW.

Vaclav

You mean AoW will be impossible? Didn't he quad for 1200 as standard? There is no amount of AC or defensive that could make a tank live through 1 round of a MoTM quadding AoW.
MotM doesn't seem to have a flat DPS increase attached to me (I could be wrong though) - the defensive side has been flat in my experience though. That's an entirely different situation than the fights taking forever due to 3x the HP and around 40% mitigation of small hits and 70% mitigation of big ones.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I really wish I had time to play EQ Classic -> Velious. Had some of the most stressful yet exciting time in a MMO. This server really sounds like a blast. Love the screenshots.

Javvo_sl

shitlord
What do you guys think makes the best puller for the next few xpacs? Bard, or Monk? I want to play the best and most efficient puller possible, but am torn between the two. Leaning towards bard tbh.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mobs in VP hit harder than AoW ever used to and we all did them fine on LJ and RF with warriors using /disc def. This is TLP servers and there is out of era gear, zones, focus effects, revamped AC rules, and all kinds of mitigating factors here which make things much different than live or P99 ever was.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's exactly the point. VP mobs hit harder than AoW due to the MoTM buffs they got. Assuming AoW gets the same treatment offensively, I think it's going to be a bit too much!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's exactly the point. VP mobs hit harder than AoW due to the MoTM buffs they got. Assuming AoW gets the same treatment offensively, I think it's going to be a bit too much!
When we went into VP we had 34 people in classic gear only at that point and cleared it fine. You are acting like you aren't fully Kunark geared and experienced. The guilds who need to worry about that kind of stuff are the ones like Apok who wiped to Trakanon or Gorenaire on Kunark's release that no one should wipe to with players with common sense.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think it would be pretty cool to have to go through Velious stage by stage and gear up for encounters like the Avatar of War rather than just putting everything on farm day 1 but I'm skeptical the math is going to work out.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
One thing that has left me bitter is solo experience...

It appears solo experience, or even duo, will be terrible forever on this server. Quad kite will blow as well. Grouping is the only way. Server forced grouping.

While this isn't that bad, it isn't great either. Oh well.

This makes me question how AA will be, and that will determine if I'm in or out.

Currently sporting 2box 50s. Time will tell.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
He also flurries I think. AoW is going to be challenge even without being buffed. He'll probably be unbeatable in the first buffed incarnation (like buffed Bees but without being able to pet wall).

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
What do you guys think makes the best puller for the next few xpacs? Bard, or Monk? I want to play the best and most efficient puller possible, but am torn between the two. Leaning towards bard tbh.
Pretty sure monk is the best puller until Bard's get Fading Memories AA. Don't ever remember Bards being primary pullers in Velious.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Pulling AAs have gotten some salty tasting nerfs recently. Not sure the exact consequences of it all but sounds like some annoying shit.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How bad is the AA grind going to be? Got a feeling that will be the end of me on the server.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
One thing that has left me bitter is solo experience...

It appears solo experience, or even duo, will be terrible forever on this server. Quad kite will blow as well. Grouping is the only way. Server forced grouping.

While this isn't that bad, it isn't great either. Oh well.

This makes me question how AA will be, and that will determine if I'm in or out.

Currently sporting 2box 50s. Time will tell.
Couldn't agree more. I don't even debate on solo'ing shit anymore, which is pretty unfortunate.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Downloading now -- heard the first few levels are awful and to do some leveling quest. Anyone able to spot me some plat for red wine, or is that expensive enough that it's krono or grind it out?