Everquest - Phinigel server

lost

<Bronze Donator>
1 krono 2500plat ish. on double xp it was about 1-20 for 2k plat so probably 4k plat now if its truly double

Sterling

El Presidente
Downloading now -- heard the first few levels are awful and to do some leveling quest. Anyone able to spot me some plat for red wine, or is that expensive enough that it's krono or grind it out?
8 full bags is like 78 plat. Depends how far you want to go. One set takes you to like 7 or 8? A krono worth of plat will get you to 20ish I think? Might be high teens without double xp.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
He also flurries I think. AoW is going to be challenge even without being buffed. He'll probably be unbeatable in the first buffed incarnation (like buffed Bees but without being able to pet wall).
Buffed bees weren't unbeatable, we got them to 30% before sending the mage armies in TL and we didn't even use cure potions. It was cheaper (160pp) per person per raid to pet wall, but using cure disease potions makes the fight a joke when you negate the AE.

AA's are going to be fine on Phinny, there is triggered events and spots people grind at now in Luclin that will cap you AA's in 1/2 the time it took you on live. You guys have to remember this isn't classic or p99, this is like classic with live mixed in.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I haven't ever really done AAs. Maybe two years ago I played lube for a few months, took one night of beam kiting. So tlp will be my first round of AAs, kinda.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I haven't ever really done AAs. Maybe two years ago I played lube for a few months, took one night of beam kiting. So tlp will be my first round of AAs, kinda.
AA's Rock

Right now everyone is playing alts. Well they are fun I guess but I like to stick to 1-2 characters typically and now I got my buddies cleric I would rather work on as my alt. With the introduction of AA's you will be on that one (or boxed) character more so get your alt action in now.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
For someone who hasn't done anything regarding AA's in over a decade, how much faster will they be compared to normal levels? Also, the catch up functions they added, will they be in play right after Luclin or not until later?

Sterling

El Presidente
For someone who hasn't done anything regarding AA's in over a decade, how much faster will they be compared to normal levels? Also, the catch up functions they added, will they be in play right after Luclin or not until later?
They're way faster than levels. Not sure how scaling is with them on TLP though. On live it's much faster the less AA you have, as a catchup mechanic.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're way faster than levels. Not sure how scaling is with them on TLP though. On live it's much faster the less AA you have, as a catchup mechanic.
Someone told me - unsure of how accurate it is (although they were a high end Fippy player - Machen on EQLive) that for TLPs - the bonus is basically nil when you're within 1000 AA of the cap for your class' max AA. And that as a result the bonus won't really apply until people starting AA in GoD or something like that.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just started a rogue here named Kennit. Server is pretty chill so far. Hope to get into the 20s this weekend.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How are Warriors as far as dps goes over the expacs?

Also everyone new that has joined the server, channel is rerolled:rerolled.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BTW Sephyroth - forget who you are on here - but your Hate shield finally showed up tonight while you weren't on. Hit me up for it when we're both on - it's already been awarded to you - I just apparently get to be the errandboy for it.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Can someone briefly explain raid dps rankings in classic,kunark, vel? I was talking to a veteran eq friend of mine and said I saw SKs considered high raid dps and he was saying how he has no idea how that's even possible.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone briefly explain raid dps rankings in classic,kunark, vel? I was talking to a veteran eq friend of mine and said I saw SKs considered high raid dps and he was saying how he has no idea how that's even possible.
SK's with ID+MP focuses will top or be near the very top through GoD. The biggest change from classic or p99 is Unholy aura now doubles your lifetaps, coupled with +40% melee damage and out of era focuses. As you progress through Vel / Luclin longer fights also allow you to use leechcurse since its on a different timer as well as the MP and DoT focuses.

Here's a pic from Kunark without me using focus effects and still at 60% mana.

rrr_img_125333.jpg

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably 100% of EQ players anymore use MQ2 at least for the map, I was just throwing a fun jab in there
Shit on Ragefire a ton of people used it for the assist bot thing and got busted, I don't think Sony even cares about the map portion of it to be honest. I talked to plenty of GMs with the maps always on and never heard a peep so they either don't care or don't even monitor for it.

Here's some Phinny screenshots, think the CT kill one was a 3 way guild race with the entire zone popped.

rrr_img_125337.jpg

rrr_img_125338.jpg