Everquest - Phinigel server

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
People are starting to drop off like flies. I don't think DBG will have everything fixed for Luclin come time anyway. I think Prathun just posted something that said their focus is on a new expansion now or something.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, I had asked about the Drussella AoC they said they'd do, and Prathun said they were busy on the new expac, so it was unlikely to happen.

I dunno, I'm loving the server here, as a P99 refugee. Stoked for Luclin and PoP as I have some nostalgia there, and very curious to see other expansions throughout the years in a compressed time line. There's issues with how they roll things out and a lot of things they should do to improve Phinny (given the compressed timeline), but all-in-all, it's still a lot of fun.

The only "big" issue is probably making sure they nerf exp as time goes along, so people can join the server and "catch up", instead of saying fuck it because they don't want to buy a max level toon or grind for 80 hours (or whatever) before they can join their friends in raiding.

Real question is: I wonder what the server will like post-PoP. That's when all the other prog servers straight up die, isn't it?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
These servers ALWAYS have people who get bored during classic or kunark and return in velious, and many quit in velious. Apparently I'm there this time. There's usually a hefty exodus when Quarm dies, so mid-POP. Then there's bleed during GoD; people who don't like actual scripted/challenging raids (ldon starts it but can be skipped). On Combine and I am told Fippy there was also a good bit of burnout during DODH, which I can't explain, it just apparently happens.

The first round of TLPs, POP and OOW went quick while GOD and DODH lasted longer, which may have contributed, although I'm not sure how that explains burnout there on Fippy. My hunch is that if they do a 3 months POP and then 3 months LDON without GOD ever opening, a ton of people will quit before GOD even opens. If they condense that, the same people will quit, but during GOD.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
DoDH ramps up the difficulty a lot. I think PoR is the expansion after that and the Ayonae Ro fight is one of the least fun raids ever.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Leveling is really slow on this server. Need to poopsock more and do less side projects. About to hit 45.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I had a buddy just start, had to let him know that most people agree that solo XP is nerfed and to get into full groups, so make sure you're not soloing. He had tested it with 2 person group and said the xp was the same as soloing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Too much time away has killed my desire to play. I blame daybreak devs for being shitters and leaving me with no hope that they'll make decent decisions going forward. Feels bad man.
Welcome to the club, man.

Was just jarring coming back and not having fun after slowing play to "just raid nights" in late Kunark. So many other things to do instead that I enjoy more. (Although getting a hankering for visiting parks/art stuff ATM both of which aren't fun in this heat down here - art studio area is in our extra space in the garage - no AC)

Apparently some folks are rumormilling that I'm still around and playing an SK app in AoS supposedly from what I've gathered from those I'm still in touch with - due to that goofy magelo error. Completely inaccurate though.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For some reason I started a paladin now that my bardic quest to 60 is over. 1-10 isn't bad (as long as by level 3 or 4 you head right to Blackburrow/Warrens/Crush/whatever newbie dungeon is close), it is everything after that makes me question my judgment and sanity.

At least this time though I am starting out with a shitload of nice gear instead of starting fresh with nothing, that definitely makes a world of difference.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Definitely helps having a fungi and a good weapon lol or a shit load of +mana items for a caster. My druid alt is still only 19 or so and my ench is 55
frown.png
can't find it in me to sit there outside of EXP bonus weekends lol

Edit: some dude gave me 2k for sitting in his group to open up an expedition for yelinak, is that something that locks you out of a raid for a week or something? I mean, i'm not raiding anyway so a free 2K is pretty cool lol

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am having fun and fully intend on being around for the long haul if possible. I would love to at least make it all the way to Seeds of Destruction. Underfoot was skipped by a lot of people as House of Thule was really fun, so if it even makes it that far I think it would be hella cool to raid Rain of Fear and beyond. That is a lot of time though, so here is hoping a healthy enough population to do it.

Sterling

El Presidente
I am having fun and fully intend on being around for the long haul if possible. I would love to at least make it all the way to Seeds of Destruction. Underfoot was skipped by a lot of people as House of Thule was really fun, so if it even makes it that far I think it would be hella cool to raid Rain of Fear and beyond. That is a lot of time though, so here is hoping a healthy enough population to do it.
Not sure why people would skip Underfoot, it's one of the best expansions the game ever had.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Never lasted to it, sounded like (fixed) GoD 2.0
Underfoot is the much harder than GoD 2.0. Underfoot is a lot like Luclin where the second-to-last bosses are the hardest (Seru, Emp, Creation, Destruction) are worse than the end zone.

Crone

Too much time away has killed my desire to play. I blame daybreak devs for being shitters and leaving me with no hope that they'll make decent decisions going forward. Feels bad man.
Add yet another one to the club. I had quit in classic, and came back for Kunark launch on my level 47-48 enchanter. Burned hard, and hit 60 relatively quickly. Just be charming in Seb the entire time. Would get groups pretty quick back then! But I hit 60, and pretty much never logged in again. My schedule doesn't fit well with anyone's raids, and had no desire to just exp grind all the time. But the grind was real, and pretty much burned me out.

Was just thinking recently, I'm envious of the people that can dig their heels in for the long haul. I have way too bad game ADD to do that.
frown.png

Vaclav

Should sell, 60 enchanter naked can fetch 300, depends on gear for higher.
Heh? Seriously? My ENC is pretty mediocre geared, but that's pretty shocking they'd still go for so much. I'm guessing uber (for Kunark) + Epic CLR go for at least as much too, eh? (Probably much more I'd imagine)

Probably won't sell, always have regretted it in the past - but with me being 100% convinced we'll never come back, there'd be no risk. (And in fact would seal the deal obviously)

Putting bad thoughts in my mind, bro!

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't forget to make yourselves a bro on Quarm server for free XP pots - one for quarm, one claimable on any server. Gotta love free XP pots!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Heh? Seriously? My ENC is pretty mediocre geared, but that's pretty shocking they'd still go for so much. I'm guessing uber (for Kunark) + Epic CLR go for at least as much too, eh? (Probably much more I'd imagine)

Probably won't sell, always have regretted it in the past - but with me being 100% convinced we'll never come back, there'd be no risk. (And in fact would seal the deal obviously)

Putting bad thoughts in my mind, bro!
Yeah prices are all over, seen a shitty monk but was epic sell for 475 yesterday, no raid gear at all. yeah uber kunark raiding cleric would could prob hit 500-600 if you got like pd robe or shroud of veeshan etc, possibly could hit 800 range

Vaclav

Yeah prices are all over, seen a shitty monk but was epic sell for 475 yesterday, no raid gear at all. yeah uber kunark raiding cleric would could prob hit 500-600 if you got like pd robe or shroud of veeshan etc, possibly could hit 800 range
Yea he's got Shroud, ODS, Epic, etc. Basically only upgrades I had left in Kunark to try for were PD robe (not worth it though with Sal'Varae's so close IMO though [and with a Donal's BP already]) and Vibrating Gaunts