Everquest - Phinigel server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks dude ill tell them, I'm still up in the air about where I'm gonna end up but sticking with it for now to see what happens here in the next few weeks. I'm tied to the hip with and go where Dannin, Drilly, and Girth go. Don't really have any loyalty to anyone else now so taking it slow :)

OOW is by far the most fun ive had in EQ to date though, either way I am 100% staying on Phinny.

Sterling

El Presidente
DoDH launch, victory for the good guys by 9 minutes. Took just over 12 hours total.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Props to your competition still chugging along and trying, despite having only 1 win in however many.

Sterling

El Presidente
Props to your competition still chugging along and trying, despite having only 1 win in however many.
Yeah, these last 2 expansions have been really close. It was interesting in how the 2 guilds decided to do certain things. We decided to key just 36 people and they keyed 54 which requires a decent amount more time on the front end, but makes the later stages obviously easier. The thing is it doesn't save as much time as it would in other expansions having 50 percent more people since the events are largely scripted now.

Sterling

El Presidente
How is Redfang these days? Pretty easy?
None of it was particularly difficult even with just 36 the first time through. If people follow the generally simple mechanics of the scripts the encounters aren't very hard even without blockers and minimal banes even Mayong wasn't too bad.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya we did MM last night with I think 6 or 8 banes. I think the fight up the spiral hallway was harder than he was really. For me though, I've never seen this content so that is why I am really having fun.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New EQ progression server got me thinking about EQ again, but I'm sick of Classic/Kunark and beyond. Thought a million times about coming back to Phin to experience expansions of EQ that I've never done before, at the same time, getting in with some good bros to do things with. Nothing better than EQ experience groups for just shooting the shit and having a chill time.

Given my experience for these Progression servers is 100% Pre-Luclin, do classes matter as much anymore? I have a 60 Enchanter on Phin, as I burned through the Kunark grind and then quit basically the day I hit 60. Enchanter still a good enough class to get me back into grouping and figuring out the parts of the game I'm not familiar with?

Sterling

El Presidente
New EQ progression server got me thinking about EQ again, but I'm sick of Classic/Kunark and beyond. Thought a million times about coming back to Phin to experience expansions of EQ that I've never done before, at the same time, getting in with some good bros to do things with. Nothing better than EQ experience groups for just shooting the shit and having a chill time.

Given my experience for these Progression servers is 100% Pre-Luclin, do classes matter as much anymore? I have a 60 Enchanter on Phin, as I burned through the Kunark grind and then quit basically the day I hit 60. Enchanter still a good enough class to get me back into grouping and figuring out the parts of the game I'm not familiar with?
Enchanters are still good in xp groups even without charm and they're a pretty high demand raid class currently since there's a number of encounters that require mez. Also with autogrant now you'll get all your Luclin AAs for free.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Congrats my little angels, USA wins again. Twist that dagger some and hopefully put these infidels to rest.

1522329755005.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
No pickzones or AoCs for a lot of PoR content right now. It's the wild west and it's kind of amazing.

• 1Jew

Sterling

El Presidente
Victory for the good guys again. Had to wait on one of the Relic dragons to respawn since there's no AoCs except for Theater of Blood. Good times.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Victory for the good guys again. Had to wait on one of the Relic dragons to respawn since there's no AoCs except for Theater of Blood. Good times.

Zama was saying you guys won with a skeleton screw from not being able to key more from splitting. Something like someone requested the DZ from a pick that was a recruit or something. Sounds like all of it was an uphill battle and still easily won.

Sterling

El Presidente
Zama was saying you guys won with a skeleton screw from not being able to key more from splitting. Something like someone requested the DZ from a pick that was a recruit or something. Sounds like all of it was an uphill battle and still easily won.
Right, someone "Dangered" the AOC before we had split the raid so we lost out on like a potential 15 flags or something so we started Deathknell with like 30 flagged instead of 45 or whatever. plus pigs plus the 3 backflags so we ended up with 39? I think on the final encounter.

Eonan

Doer of Things
TSS launch today, I started playing here as a Berserker with some RL friends at the beginning of the month. Supposedly going to get Live XP levels which means that leveling will be a joke now, and the AA's will flow.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TSS launch today, I started playing here as a Berserker with some RL friends at the beginning of the month. Supposedly going to get Live XP levels which means that leveling will be a joke now, and the AA's will flow.

Forget if I'd mentioned to you online, but with Test XP (which should be the same as lesson XP) I was managing 1 hr levels for 71-75. So yea, levels should be done quick if its really Live rates.