Everquest - Phinigel server

Bigpig said:
BilboFaggins said:
DBG sucks.  Go!

While true, this isn't very nice.

Artificially increasing the time to level by drastically lowering the experience rate to increase the sale of experience potions "isn't very nice".  Saying that DBG SUCKS is just telling the truth.

Now that being said, Everquest is still one of the best MMORPGs ever made even to this day.  It's sad that it is ran by complete fucking morons.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
FI and DHS are still active on Lockjaw. Idk about Ragefire. I think Darkwind is over there.

Servers are dead though. Think Vulak in Velious.

Yeah cant wait for Quarm to be over, stop hurtin pop on the other TLPs.
The only reason I even give Quarm a chance is to get the reward mount that I can claim on Phinigel when Luclin opens.

Other than that, I hate that Quarm opened. It's hard enough getting a good experience group on Phinigel with out them pulling people off to the damn Quarm server.

And, God knows the experience rate on Phinigel makes soloing an act of futility.

Fucking DBGs.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played a bit on Phinny for the first time in a couple months. Not the biggest fan of Velious but looking forward to Luclin.

Bruman

Golden Squire
LJ and RF have their own rules, I think they vote every six months?

Phinny is supposed to be 3 months, but they said a while back that Luclin was going to last longer because they need more time to get PoP instanced out, along with being busy on the new expac.

This is also the thread where they said they're gonna release GoD/OoW together, and everyone is telling them how bad an idea that is.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...se-heading-progression-server-changes.232356/

Noosh

Trakanon Raider
So I recently started playing on Phinny again, leveled a shaman to 36 this weekend. It was cool, but I got the urge to 2-box, and I'm not sure what I want to go with the shaman, or if I even want to keep the Shaman at all. It sucks being stuck as a healer in a group with tanks having several thousand HP and just spamming greater healing.

I want the shaman (or cleric) to be my main, so shaman/SK is out, don't feel like tanking on my laptop.

If I do stick with the shaman, I with thinking either:
Shaman/Mage
Shaman/Bard (but again, I don't want to pull on my second character, I want the second character to be pretty low maintenance)

I'm also strongly considering main swapping to cleric and going either:
Cleric/Enchanter
Cleric/Bard

I'm leaning towards cleric/enchanter, with the only downside being that it will be a bit tougher keeping an eye on charm on my laptop.

Thoughts?

Bruman

Golden Squire
If you go cleric/enchanter, congratulations, you ARE the group.

On BDA's way to 60 (we just started 3 months ago), we found that, by far the best way to get exp was charming pets for crazy dps, and also to let the pet tank as much as possible. Having a real tank was still always nice, but we could get by and with faster exp by always having an enchie to charm (or necro in undead zones).

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think anything is quite as enraging as going to the official forums and seeing people arguing "just wait and see there's TONS of time until GOD for them to change their minds!" listen you stupid cunts the fact that its also taking extra time is a piss-off reason to quit too.

I still can't believe they dropped Quarm right in the middle of extended velious - an expansion with basically zero nonraid content. I do think most people will come back to the husk of Phinny but jesus christ who knows what permanent damage is done.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The first two sets of progression servers were the golden age of these things. Now they'll keep pumping them out too quickly and with stupid rulesets for them to ever match the longevity of their predecessors.

No matter how awesome the server is, a huge portion of the progression player base will always switch to the next big thing.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
My main is a shaman, and I am 2 boxing a necro which is hella nice with a shaman (although a mage can be nice as well although more so later on when pets really get better). Root rot combo is awesome and even kiting on auto follow can be done due to shaman getting some nice dots (although again usually more so post PoP if I remember)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think anything is quite as enraging as going to the official forums and seeing people arguing "just wait and see there's TONS of time until GOD for them to change their minds!" listen you stupid cunts the fact that its also taking extra time is a piss-off reason to quit too.

I still can't believe they dropped Quarm right in the middle of extended velious - an expansion with basically zero nonraid content. I do think most people will come back to the husk of Phinny but jesus christ who knows what permanent damage is done.

I actually think it helped more than hurt for us, people needed a break from Velious and Quarm was a nice change of pace for them. Quarm is less than a week from being completed for us and everyone is wanting to come back to Phinny and finish their Vulak / Tunare loot to prep for Luclin. I'm sure you know Yerm but we also allow second mains now since the amount of loot coming in is just too much for everyone to only gear one person and its working out great. We still have Dain + Yelinak farming we've purposely avoided and are about to go wild on as well in the coming week and going forward.

Luclin at least will usher in AA's and adds in long questlines to keep you semi busy like the Coterie shield and Seru earring. Not to mention the amount of raids increases pretty drastically for a guild like ours that ensures everyone gets their BiS items.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Dains, I have two 7th shawl summons lined up, if you let me know I'm happy to log in and spawn that for people. I think the account lapses late August sometime.

Luclin should absolutely be a breath of fresh air; people get so hung up on Velious and/or POP and it's the expansions that follow which are actually great.