Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Uh, I guess it doesn't fit the drama-narratives that fuel the cuckbattles on these forums but oddly enough I'm the actual guild leader of Faceless on Selo and I said this weeks and weeks ago:

There was no race (unless you define a race as a contest with 1 participant)--as said publicly on these forums and publicly to my own guild.

There we go. Reading comprehension just isn't a strong suite for a lot of people.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Uh, I guess it doesn't fit the drama-narratives that fuel the cuckbattles on these forums but oddly enough I'm the actual guild leader of Faceless on Selo and I said this weeks and weeks ago:

There was no race (unless you define a race as a contest with 1 participant)--as said publicly on these forums and publicly to my own guild. Our goal was to get time keyed quickly because I think the two month period where Time is the top content is going to be important for overall guild gearing to lead into gear farms in GoD/Omens/DoN after which the difficulty of expansions starts to spike fast and furious and the 4 week unlocks become a real barrier to guild success.

I don't exactly know what happened in PoStorms but whatever it was sped up keying for us big time. Our assumption going in was that Storms would take a couple of days with it being heavily contested. We rushed Justice trials, did the last OW storm boss that was up, then did dz splits of Storms and cleared out some low hanging fruit like Carp/Bertox with the hope that the guild would be feeling decent for the long cuckfest of storms. Instead we zoned in to a huge number of picks that were almost all empty, and we were done keying in like 10 hours vs 30 hours on Agnarr (where we weren't contested at all but were working with like 3-4 total picks due to smaller guild size and no one in there contesting day 1.) It's been a very chill/relaxed expac launch and we're still ahead of when I expected us to finish up, we've gotten good sleep every night and even given people time to XP/fuck around etc. I couldn't be happier with how things have gone in terms of my overall plans for the server at this point.

I meant nothing against Faceless by suggesting something for the 'winner'. I didn't see your post about not racing this time, like I said, I'm only following this stuff sporadically. I just assumed another xpac drop = another race.

It just seemed like another good opportunity to hand out recognition to people for something gaming related. I'd much rather hand out gaming or event related medals than forum drama related medals, if that makes sense.

Cheers bro :emoji_punch:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule BTW wasn't talking about you with the "reading comprehension" thing. I'm just seeing a lot of "lol Faceless lost/gave up" on boards when there wasn't a direct race, from people who I have no idea who they are ingame. It's all pretty silly. In any case, grats Amtrak on posting a really impressive clear time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule BTW wasn't talking about you with the "reading comprehension" thing. I'm just seeing a lot of "lol Faceless lost/gave up" on boards when there wasn't a direct race, from people who I have no idea who they are ingame. It's all pretty silly. In any case, grats Amtrak on posting a really impressive clear time.
I think that a lot of people are confused because you have people nonstop (in streams and tells etc) claiming that they beat Amtrak and went 1 for 1 on medals, etc etc while outside the other side of their mouth when told that is incorrect immediately say "we aren't racing".

I think most of your people still think that Amtrak somehow hacked into the servers and spawned picks manually. The funny part is a lot of them bring up the level 1 warrior trap mobs ..... which is admitting to using showeq. I absolutely don't give a shit about anyone using showeq for sure, not confirming or denying that I also use it. It's just a lot of pot calling kettles black while at the same time not understanding anything at all.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I'm a little disappointed that they (DBG) haven't come out and said "yeah we spawned these picks, sorry for making storms easier on everyone that was trying to get their flags done during the initial rush". But if they did that then they get flak from some of the Phinny/Agnarr/Coirnav for not doing it then as well, and it then gives players the reason to cry for it to be done again in the future for some zones so it's pretty much a lose/lose situation for outright admitting to doing it.

To the mystery GM/Dev (anyone that was in tranquility at the start of PoP should be able to figure it out) thanks, the race was long enough without having to spend an extra 10 hours in storms pickracing.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I think that a lot of people are confused because you have people nonstop (in streams and tells etc) claiming that they beat Amtrak and went 1 for 1 on medals, etc etc while outside the other side of their mouth when told that is incorrect immediately say "we aren't racing".

I think most of your people still think that Amtrak somehow hacked into the servers and spawned picks manually. The funny part is a lot of them bring up the level 1 warrior trap mobs ..... which is admitting to using showeq. I absolutely don't give a shit about anyone using showeq for sure, not confirming or denying that I also use it. It's just a lot of pot calling kettles black while at the same time not understanding anything at all.

What happens is any large guild has people who will troll on streams. That's not something anyone who matters takes seriously. I saw someone taunting us last night "you won't kill Quarm" tonight" on Frankie's stream and was like...well since we're about to go to bed I'm sure we won't be either :D. I don't really think that some rando on a stream represents all of Amtrak and it's probably safe to assume the same about Faceless trolls on random stream discussion channels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
If it was done by daybreak it was probably Prathun, he was physically on server about 2 hours after launch so could've done anything.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The big thing with the Storms thing was like it was something we did when there was many people from many guilds in the zone doing whatever.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, everybody benefitted from the Storms picks. I figured it was DBG being stealth-helpful.

For LDON, let's set the ground rules now: First guild to get a Slimy Chest wins

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They just need to lower the pick threshold by like half in every pick and make the number to keep it open 6.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What happens is any large guild has people who will troll on streams. That's not something anyone who matters takes seriously. I saw someone taunting us last night "you won't kill Quarm" tonight" on Frankie's stream and was like...well since we're about to go to bed I'm sure we won't be either :D. I don't really think that some rando on a stream represents all of Amtrak and it's probably safe to assume the same about Faceless trolls on random stream discussion channels.
Oh for sure, it's just the reason the "drama" is still going is all.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Definitely made it more fun to experience selos vicariously, that's for sure. If everyone is just having fun at their own pace now then... that's actually a good thing :p

Vise

Molten Core Raider
I'm a little disappointed that they (DBG) haven't come out and said "yeah we spawned these picks, sorry for making storms easier on everyone that was trying to get their flags done during the initial rush". But if they did that then they get flak from some of the Phinny/Agnarr/Coirnav for not doing it then as well, and it then gives players the reason to cry for it to be done again in the future for some zones so it's pretty much a lose/lose situation for outright admitting to doing it.

To the mystery GM/Dev (anyone that was in tranquility at the start of PoP should be able to figure it out) thanks, the race was long enough without having to spend an extra 10 hours in storms pickracing.
Yeah same gm most have spawned picks for deep on bonus exp weekend for amtrak and FG too.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Gms running around like fairies spawning picks on this server at all the best times/zones, But yeah I'm the delusional one. Rofl

Siirx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah same gm most have spawned picks for deep on bonus exp weekend for amtrak and FG too.
Thanks mystery GM that popped picks of FG for us after we already killed AHR for the first time, we definitely needed that huge advantage, really gave us the edge on our competition. Oh wait it happened after we already won.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Thanks mystery GM that popped picks of FG for us after we already killed AHR for the first time, we definitely needed that huge advantage, really gave us the edge on our competition. Oh wait it happened after we already won.

In all honestly, that gives even more proof it was DBG! Mediocrity and inconsistent incompetence, so of course it happened after.

Vise

Molten Core Raider

Honestly I did not see the fg spawn. I have seen it in the deep twice once right at the start of the bonus exp on Easter weekend. But let me get thisstraight you have how many members? 100+ ? I think I read 30 people cleared vt that first clear? so your telling me there would be no reason for you to spawn picks and finish your 70 keys?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Honestly I did not see the fg spawn. I have seen it in the deep twice once right at the start of the bonus exp on Easter weekend. But let me get thisstraight you have how many members? 100+ ? I think I read 30 people cleared vt that first clear? so your telling me there would be no reason for you to spawn picks and finish your 70 keys?
That is correct because they were completely focused on a set group and did not farm anyone else until after the first group was done.

For FG if that was a thing then Faceless would have benefited more. I was leading a large portion of the Faceless keying and did not see an extra amount of picks.

Here’s the thing, if we could do this with picks with zero consequences we would be doing it a lot more and in more lucrative areas. Storms, FG, and The Deep are not where anyone would risk a ban.

I talked to one of your officers yesterday and they said it’s still happening for you guys even with us not touching storms which is the only reason they believe us.

I would put money on DBG testing out some new pick behavior to help smooth out servers spinning up and down and until they are positive it works properly aren’t announcing anything.