Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a little disappointed that they (DBG) haven't come out and said "yeah we spawned these picks, sorry for making storms easier on everyone that was trying to get their flags done during the initial rush". But if they did that then they get flak from some of the Phinny/Agnarr/Coirnav for not doing it then as well, and it then gives players the reason to cry for it to be done again in the future for some zones so it's pretty much a lose/lose situation for outright admitting to doing it.

To the mystery GM/Dev (anyone that was in tranquility at the start of PoP should be able to figure it out) thanks, the race was long enough without having to spend an extra 10 hours in storms pickracing.

So picks where not enough and the GMs spawned extra instances on demand? lol they should just make modern EQ a single player game with random generated name mercenaries. Hell make a A.I. NPC team with a countdown timer floating above their heads that you can pretend race against.

Sad

• 1Repost
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FG, deep, and storms are spots known for drama. Specifically for people bumping into each other and bottlenecks and grief. Putting up FG picks once the race is already over, deep picks before a major xp event, and storms picks at launch just screams of some kind of CSR type move to try to limit petition volume proactively.

They won't admit to it probably because they assume people will scream for it more and start making demands etc.

These storms picks were probably directly better for faceless than amtrak, and indirectly help everyone on selo except for jealous types.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you don’t think so you are deluded. I was managing three different raids in three picks both in FG and AR single handedly.

I powered through while the other officers slept, which was the point of having multiple officers.

You don’t have the slightest clue of how much effort I put into making sure we were keyed as fast as possible in Faceless. We had 72 keys to their 36-40 or so. I only took two shards that I didn’t farm myself, ME and Katta.

I think you are Hydrops in game? If that is correct you definitely have no clue.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Picard

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GM spawning mobs for ol Amtrak now?

Last edited:
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Mother of God

Vise

Molten Core Raider
FG, deep, and storms are spots known for drama. Specifically for people bumping into each other and bottlenecks and grief. Putting up FG picks once the race is already over, deep picks before a major xp event, and storms picks at launch just screams of some kind of CSR type move to try to limit petition volume proactively.

They won't admit to it probably because they assume people will scream for it more and start making demands etc.

These storms picks were probably directly better for faceless than amtrak, and indirectly help everyone on selo except for jealous types.
It did help the whole server move threw storms a lot faster, no denying that. But that doesn't make it right for Amtrak to exploit it and if you think a gm did this you're fucking high.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It did help the whole server move threw storms a lot faster, no denying that. But that doesn't make it right for Amtrak to exploit it and if you think a gm did this you're fucking high.

• 3Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Gms running around like fairies spawning picks on this server at all the best times/zones, But yeah I'm the delusional one. Rofl

You must be new to Earth.

Corruption isnt really that rare here.

I'll never write off how sad ppl can be. That being said, never attribute to malevolence what can be attributed to inepitude / stupidity. Lol

Edit: No, I'm not saying thats what happened. But I'll never write off shit like that unless I'm the only person that could do it.

If you don’t think so you are deluded. I was managing three different raids in three picks both in FG and AR single handedly.

I powered through while the other officers slept, which was the point of having multiple officers.

You don’t have the slightest clue of how much effort I put into making sure we were keyed as fast as possible in Faceless. We had 72 keys to their 36-40 or so. I only took two shards that I didn’t farm myself, ME and Katta.

I think you are Hydrops in game? If that is correct you definitely have no clue.

To bad fair, the Faceless keying thing is always a shit show because of the volume of players.

A few weeks ago you were LFG / LFM b/c nobody was on, Hydrops still leading raids . . . so . . . /shrug

Last edited:

Siirx

Golden Knight of the Realm
The simple fact of the matter of extra picks is this, it doesn't benefit us solely. It's not like we are the only guild that has access to it, the reason it seemingly benefits us more than the other guilds is, we out gear all of the other guilds on this server by a ridiculous amount and that's due to the fact we got every single open world Vex thal loot dropping mob besides 2 Thall Va Xakras. People hating on the "top guild" has and will always be a thing. The thing I find ridiculous is trying to grasp at straws and slander said "top guilds" over hypotheticals.

If you're going to call someone out, at least call them out for something you can prove or you just look like a fool.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

"People that play these servers are retards" - You.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I came back to race against the best and had a blast doing it. There were a few things that we did not do in the beginning preparation wise that made us fall short specifically on VT. Beyond typical shenanigans I didn’t see anything particularly game changing that amtrak did and I don’t raise any flags on it. The scepter case thing was a bit much in my opinion but it was quickly addressed and resolved so no big deal. Mabbu is still a total piece of human cancer. I will forever treasure the drama he created himself with amtrak.

Beyond the first week it was clear to me that sieger had different goals with faceless on this server than what I was personally wanting to do (race). I don’t hold that against them and still love all the guys there and in amtrak.

I spent a lot of time working on planning and we pretty much turned a blind eye to practicing VT strats which was not good. Amtrak rolled the usual group of stone cold killers and did a great job at it. Pretty early on it was apparent that sieger is building a guild trying to focus on themselves and progression because let’s face it the unlock rate is nuts. I don’t hold that against anyone because there was no bait and switch or bullshitting. I think they have a good group and both groups are going to be pretty successful.

Trying to Argue or get butthurt over pop or any future expansions is pretty pointless because the only race was over by Sunday after luclin launch.

Hope all is well with you degenerates I’m enjoying some real life for a bit :)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shortly after pop launch, faceless were claiming they got as many storms flags as amtrak. A ton of us were calling them delusional and idiots etc. Likewise, a lot of faceless were claiming they were not trying to race, and a bunch of us again were calling them idiots saying if they werent racing why did they stay up so late etc. Now I see there were a ton of storms bonus picks and apparently a ton of faceless got them. From my own observation a few shitter guilds' people got medals even. So maybe we were wrong, and faceless was NOT racing, and DID get as many storms medals by the end of the night.

Other than just the literal whining about favoritism/bias/cheating, there has been literal actual drama. Like not even the warp train stuff, apparently? Lots of people enjoying pop after the couple hours of entry lag.

This all leads me to the simplest conclusion: someone at daybreak did this as a way to lower drama/petitions.

Caspin

Trakanon Raider
The simple fact of the matter of extra picks is this, it doesn't benefit us solely. It's not like we are the only guild that has access to it, the reason it seemingly benefits us more than the other guilds is, we out gear all of the other guilds on this server by a ridiculous amount and that's due to the fact we got every single open world Vex thal loot dropping mob besides 2 Thall Va Xakras. People hating on the "top guild" has and will always be a thing. The thing I find ridiculous is trying to grasp at straws and slander said "top guilds" over hypotheticals.

If you're going to call someone out, at least call them out for something you can prove or you just look like a fool.

Don't try using logic with V Vise , he is immune to reason. A pure autist without any inkling of what a rational thought might feel like. Imagine if we actually had the ability to control server side pickzones, and then we only used that power to benefit our competition when it would hurt us the most.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really hate that they didn't do away with all/most keying/flagging requirements. I think they should've removed everything below elemental planes for casuals. As one of those semi-casuals who likes playing/creating alts - being locked out of most of the planes, OS, HS, etc. is a shitty experience, especially on a server that's supposed to be a "fast" stroll through content/expansions.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why don't you amaze us with your technical skills and walk us through how you think that this exploit happened. Just a rough guesstimate of how client side was able to do this.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Don't try using logic with V Vise , he is immune to reason. A pure autist without any inkling of what a rational thought might feel like. Imagine if we actually had the ability to control server side pickzones, and then we only used that power to benefit our competition when it would hurt us the most.
Yup. it only benefited the guilds not trying to race and set records. your right 100% logic there.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
It only benefited the two guilds that went straight to the PoStorms DZ to farm it. Logic he says lol.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Here is a helpful resource for you all during this challenging time of unknown change related to plane of storms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user