Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Sterling

El Presidente
You really don't think that between Amtrak, Faceless and assorted random people that there weren't 110 people or whatever across 11 picks? Not getting into the dumbness of the general contention, but this specific point.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sorry you guys have changed stances a few times now. hard to keep up with your current stance is
They could have done it multiple ways that didn't require a GM sitting there staring at a screen ..... also one could have. The Deep acting weird makes me think that it was automated. I am one person speaking and MY STANCE and several other stances are that they might have changed picks for that. It is all THEORIES at this point.

YOU had 10 picks open also when we were gone, talk to your people to get the lies straight.

There isn't a technical way to pull off this hack without being inside the servers in such a way that this would be the very least of our problems. If we had this kind of access whether a hack or a GM we wouldn't have lost a single DPS race that night, and we did. We also wouldn't have the most suspended members on this server, we do.

If you think that Amtrak did what you are claiming they did you should log off the server now because they will be able to delete all your characters at will.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Also a big piece is when in zones a /who would show one or few people in each zone while the /pick showed 40 people in each pick.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
They could have done it multiple ways that didn't require a GM sitting there staring at a screen ..... also one could have. The Deep acting weird makes me think that it was automated. I am one person speaking and MY STANCE and several other stances are that they might have changed picks for that. It is all THEORIES at this point.

YOU had 10 picks open also when we were gone, talk to your people to get the lies straight.

There isn't a technical way to pull off this hack without being inside the servers in such a way that this would be the very least of our problems. If we had this kind of access whether a hack or a GM we wouldn't have lost a single DPS race that night, and we did. We also wouldn't have the most suspended members on this server, we do.

If you think that Amtrak did what you are claiming they did you should log off the server now because they will be able to delete all your characters at will.
Never at any point did we have 10 picks SPAWN on us the next day. Like i said we had a crew who zoned in at the tail in the early morning which were the SAME picks you guys farmed.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Also a big piece is when in zones a /who would show one or few people in each zone while the /pick showed 40 people in each pick.
Why does the Plane of Sky not show instance numbers? Why is the lore on the spell Fist of Ixiblat instead Summon Sapphire Bracelet? Why do serverwides lag the entire server for 30 seconds? Why didn't Cursed spawn after we did all the triggers properly? Why did it launch with the "wrong" horses?

You are playing the wrong game my man with this unfaltering trust in their coding.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Never at any point did we have 10 picks SPAWN on us the next day. Like i said we had a crew who zoned in at the tail in the early morning which were the SAME picks you guys farmed.
And you kept them open for hours and hours and hours without our numbers or our "hacks" so ....

Vise

Molten Core Raider
And you kept them open for hours and hours and hours without our numbers or our "hacks" so ....
Im not claiming hacks here. its not like they have a god code to end the server. what I'm claiming is a Exploit. there is a very big difference.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
this is wrong we only got the tail end of it. hours and hours and hours? Rofl
We killed every single mini and lord, every single one.

Meaning you kept them open for 4-8 hours in order to get that "tail end".

I am telling you there isn't an exploit out there that could do what you are claiming, you misunderstand fundamentally how all of this works.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
We had over 100 and Faceless might have had 200 ..... We all had about 10-15 spread across every pick keeping them open and watching for spawns.
This is also assuming you and faceless and the other 100 non accounted for worked to gether to spawns these picks

Vise

Molten Core Raider
We killed every single mini and lord, every single one.

Meaning you kept them open for 4-8 hours in order to get that "tail end".

I am telling you there isn't an exploit out there that could do what you are claiming, you misunderstand fundamentally how all of this works.
You realize I'm not faceless right?

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Caspin

Trakanon Raider
Thinking it is more likely Amtrak can hack the EQ servers than a GM would log in to spawn picks. Good well functioning brain on this guy.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
All these hacking accusations... I am going to give out the details on the most important exploit/hack of all time. I finally have to get it off my chest. Mods be ready to nuke this post in case DBG decides they need to take action.

First you roll a magician if you are not one already. Then you go to sol ro temple and complete this quest - Clay Bracelet . This will give you the most powerful item in the game.
c9840b215604a080533b0432982eef66.png

Once you have acquired this mythical item, set it to your hotbar so you can push the corresponding button as fast as you can. While you are spamming 6666666666666666666 on your keyboard, start clicking the Eye of Zomm buff off with your mouse as fast as you can at the same time. This will create hundreds of eyes at one time, they last about 45 seconds each. With great power comes great responsibility, be safe out there.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
V Vise my stance has not changed, and it remains just my stance and not some formal amtrak position.

The simplest explanation for these "bonus" picks: in fg after the race, in deep during xp weekend, and in storms on pop launch night? A gm/csr/dev/whatever at daybreak made them to cut down on the drama. Fungus grove was a ton of memblur ksing. Deep was a ton of inadvertent training and ksing. Storms was expected to be the biggest clusterfuck of pop.

If I were a gm trying to do something to help with petitions for camp and kill stealing this is exactly where I would go look to create more room. If I were some ultra autist or krono rmter with a custom hack, why post-race fg? Why not ac instead of deep for way more plat?

I don't know who did it, how, or why. My stance is that the simplest and most sensible answer is a gm to make room, and cut down on drama.

You just sound all kinds of salty because AM apparently missed most of them. Boo fucking hoo.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I have a feeling someone is going to win this arguement and find a logical conclusion to all of this. Keep fighting the good fight boys!

• 4Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Let me do some more powerful stupid math for you. with a time table this time. The picks opened somewhere around 11pm. those closed by7am.. Postorm named Do not spawn on pick up and have a 5 hour spawn time with a 1 hour variance.

11 picks with 9 named each drop 3 medallions and every person needs 2 medallions.

11x9 = 99 named, 99x3 = 297 meallions, 297/2 = 148.5 keys from one round of named.

11 pm - Picks pop
3am - Named start to spawn
5am - Named finished spawning - my guess is this is when Amtrak /faceless "dps raced" named even though there was plenty of named for both guilds to get keyed ( Which they both did )
7am Small chance that the named that spawn at 3am spawn. This is when my guild was in the zone. I think they said the cleaned up about 30 keys 15 total named before the picks collapsed

So yeah we clearly had hours and hour and hour to farm these named.