Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I understand folks that like to pay for power levels or even go out and purchase extra laptops so that they can have a group to themselves. Expecting other players to carry you through the game ... makes me ask "Why are you even playing at all?"

I mean naked mages carry everyone at the beginning of the server. They gain very little with gear. Their pet and a KEI is more important than any amount of gear you can get at level 45.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I usually level mages naked. The pet is the carry and your mama is only there to summon a new pet when it dies, which is rare in early levels

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
The only thing that mage is doing wrong is not using mage summoned focus gear, there's no real excuse for that on Selo and it's a lot of easy "upgrades" that allows you to skip a ton of annoying to get focuses early on.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
yj7Rdo5.png

This is my favorite one so far in the WTF gear department

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I sell Black Lace Sashes with 2 INT for the waist slot for 150p in the Bazaar, SMH

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I mean, I'm about to hit 60 on a 4box all basically naked... Assumed that was the norm here

Cleric and ench look like they just popped out lvl 1 with newbie weapons on

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It's going fine with 2 chars, I'd probably feel slow solo and naked though.

Went with mage as second box, seemed a naturally strong combo, funny to read about them in thread after, cause yeah I just summon pet, and it pretty much does the work for both, with cleric tossing a heal or 2 on if theres adds, or a red con.

I'll just hit Dalnir near 30, super easy if you used to zone, and you can build up some decent noob gear coin if you level to 37 down by Kly & exit. I rarely see anyone in the zone in prior TLPs, it's one of my favorites too. At 37-40 I'll do howling stones, I remember them having low hp for the level on Agnarr on my necro when i was farming cap stuff, so should be simple as a duo + cleric undead spells, if I start in pit. Depends if I find a good group early, or not.

Ripster

Molten Core Raider

Ha, that was me - Amato and Mongrel. Pretty sure I was like 8 beers deep and was totally lying about logging and knowing what everyones DPS was. I just round up a bunch of whoevers and do all the pulling/tanking/healing and as long as people aren't sitting at full mana im happy!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PvP server.

2 box server.

This true box shit is dumb as hell, the amount of people that do more than 3 or 4 boxes is very small, and most of those will either cheat or set up half a dozen comps anyway. Most ppl just wanna be able to port / buff / do simple boxing.

How many people working at the top of Daybreak are mentally retarded?
Quoting this post in this thread instead of trashing the AMA one with discussion.

I don't play on TLP servers. What would you guys think of a TLP server that banned VPNs and only allowed two characters per IP address? (I don't even know if such a thing is possible).

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Quoting this post in this thread instead of trashing the AMA one with discussion.

I don't play on TLP servers. What would you guys think of a TLP server that banned VPNs and only allowed two characters per IP address? (I don't even know if such a thing is possible).

Worked pretty well for like 10 years on the EMU servers.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The EMUs that let you 3 box felt perfect to me. And let’s you have a full group with mercs later on.

The thing for me is more than 1. Alt tabbing is infinitely easier than fucking multiple computers. And I prefer to alt tab for the most part over setting up MQ etc.

Did the box army on some raid EMU, and it was just meh . . . I like gaming with ppl, and being able to 2 box makes it easier to game with a small group of ppl

And lets face it, EQ in 2019 is AT BEST, small groups (raids have a bunch, but most ppl have small social groups)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ngreth posted official dates for every expansion release:

"Correcting my data (It should make the April Patch, though it's not critical until the May patch)

it will look like:
Progression: Selo: PoP Unlocks 5/1/2019
Progression: Selo: LoY Unlocks 5/1/2019
Progression: Selo: LDoN Unlocks 6/5/2019
Progression: Selo: GoD Unlocks 7/3/2019
Progression: Selo: OoW Unlocks 8/7/2019
Progression: Selo: DoN Unlocks 9/4/2019
Progression: Selo: DoD Unlocks 10/2/2019
Progression: Selo: PoR Unlocks 11/6/2019
Progression: Selo: TSS Unlocks 12/4/2019
Progression: Selo: TBS Unlocks 1/1/2020
Progression: Selo: SoF Unlocks 2/5/2020
Progression: Selo: SoD Unlocks 3/4/2020
Progression: Selo: UF Unlocks 4/1/2020
Progression: Selo: HoT Unlocks 5/6/2020
Progression: Selo: VoA Unlocks 6/3/2020
Progression: Selo: RoF Unlocks 7/1/2020
Progression: Selo: CotF Unlocks 8/5/2020
Progression: Selo: TDS Unlocks 9/2/2020
Progression: Selo: TBM Unlocks 10/7/2020
Progression: Selo: EoK Unlocks 11/4/2020
Progression: Selo: RoS Unlocks 12/2/2020
Progression: Selo: TBL Unlocks 1/6/2021"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ngreth posted official dates for every expansion release:

"Correcting my data (It should make the April Patch, though it's not critical until the May patch)

it will look like:
Progression: Selo: PoP Unlocks 5/1/2019
Progression: Selo: LoY Unlocks 5/1/2019
Progression: Selo: LDoN Unlocks 6/5/2019
Progression: Selo: GoD Unlocks 7/3/2019
Progression: Selo: OoW Unlocks 8/7/2019
Progression: Selo: DoN Unlocks 9/4/2019
Progression: Selo: DoD Unlocks 10/2/2019
Progression: Selo: PoR Unlocks 11/6/2019
Progression: Selo: TSS Unlocks 12/4/2019
Progression: Selo: TBS Unlocks 1/1/2020
Progression: Selo: SoF Unlocks 2/5/2020
Progression: Selo: SoD Unlocks 3/4/2020
Progression: Selo: UF Unlocks 4/1/2020
Progression: Selo: HoT Unlocks 5/6/2020
Progression: Selo: VoA Unlocks 6/3/2020
Progression: Selo: RoF Unlocks 7/1/2020
Progression: Selo: CotF Unlocks 8/5/2020
Progression: Selo: TDS Unlocks 9/2/2020
Progression: Selo: TBM Unlocks 10/7/2020
Progression: Selo: EoK Unlocks 11/4/2020
Progression: Selo: RoS Unlocks 12/2/2020
Progression: Selo: TBL Unlocks 1/6/2021"

Amod Amod could this be edited into the first post of the thread, please? I'm sure many of us will appreciate being able to easily find these dates in the future. Thanks. :)