Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Xevy

Log Wizard
PaulDies.gif

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Does Amtrak feel this deserves another medal for their victory? I just read the thread on the EQ forums and it seems this race was far less competitive than the last one, but I'm still happy to whip up another medal if it's warranted.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does Amtrak feel this deserves another medal for their victory? I just read the thread on the EQ forums and it seems this race was far less competitive than the last one, but I'm still happy to whip up another medal if it's warranted.

Truth be told it wasn't competitive because there wasn't actually a race. Faceless for the most part slept and raided at specific times, and Amtrak marathoned straight through. It's two completely different approaches that aren't compatible and can't be compared to the OGC/AOS battles of olde. The only real racing was in PoStorms, where Amtrak got more kills.

Faceless reached Time later in the same day regardless and will have it down a day later. We're being pretty chill. Again, two different approaches.

I think Altered Minds believes they're competing with our guilds, though, so at least there's that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard

I hear you should give each one of them 40 medals each.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No medal imo. This was a nothing race and we don't want the medals to be too meaningless.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
No good drama for this victory, feels kinda bad. People thinking we have pocket gm's as our guild eats suspensions for pulling to AOE the deep and pulling raid mobs in Kael blows my mind though. You cant fix stupid!

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Can someone please explain how to pop 10+ storms picks each with 40 people, but when you enter the zone they are actually empty?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
No good drama for this victory, feels kinda bad. People thinking we have pocket gm's as our guild eats suspensions for pulling to AOE the deep and pulling raid mobs in Kael blows my mind though. You cant fix stupid!
Everquest has GMs!?!?!?

Low self-esteem nitwits will always be jealous haters of other people on the top and make excuses why/how they got there... it's human nature; doesn't matter whether you're the mayor of Hicksville, POTUS, or #1 guild in EQ.

As much as I was a Faceless fan, you guys proved who was best - fair and square. :emoji_v:

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Can someone please explain how to pop 10+ storms picks each with 40 people, but when you enter the zone they are actually empty?

we assumed it was faceless's 300 members online until we zoned in and saw them all empty LOL

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm honestly not sure who any of those people making "pocket GM" accusations on the EQ boards are. I too think it's a pretty retarded idea. Even if that were the case, Amtrak got first Quarm because they stayed up 40 hours and pushed really hard while no one else did/could, end of story.

Now all guilds involved must face the true test: Not getting bored and quitting before GoD. Maybe we can gin up some LDON race drama.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Fair enough: no medal for this one. I only follow these threads sporadically, so if something happens that deserves a medal, feel free to @ me about it.
:emoji_punch:

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Uh, I guess it doesn't fit the drama-narratives that fuel the cuckbattles on these forums but oddly enough I'm the actual guild leader of Faceless on Selo and I said this weeks and weeks ago:

I rode a train with Zaide for 8 days because I thought it'd be fun and because my life's motto is "fuck it." I started this guild as a specific project before Zaide knew about it (was not initially going to be a Faceless guild), and before AoS/TL/RI et al. had shown any interest in it. My only goal here on out is to finish every expansion until the server hits live. I have a very specific plan that is built around long term sustainability, and "races" every 4 weeks just aren't a part of that. I've learned a lot of lessons from older TLPs that had guilds limp to their deaths 10-15 expansions in and I'm specifically doing what I think will prevent that. Maybe it won't work, because I already am a little worried about Selo's population, XP rate, AA rate and a number of other things, but I'm like 1/26 months into it so we'll see.

There was no race (unless you define a race as a contest with 1 participant)--as said publicly on these forums and publicly to my own guild. Our goal was to get time keyed quickly because I think the two month period where Time is the top content is going to be important for overall guild gearing to lead into gear farms in GoD/Omens/DoN after which the difficulty of expansions starts to spike fast and furious and the 4 week unlocks become a real barrier to guild success.

I don't exactly know what happened in PoStorms but whatever it was sped up keying for us big time. Our assumption going in was that Storms would take a couple of days with it being heavily contested. We rushed Justice trials, did the last OW storm boss that was up, then did dz splits of Storms and cleared out some low hanging fruit like Carp/Bertox with the hope that the guild would be feeling decent for the long cuckfest of storms. Instead we zoned in to a huge number of picks that were almost all empty, and we were done keying in like 10 hours vs 30 hours on Agnarr (where we weren't contested at all but were working with like 3-4 total picks due to smaller guild size and no one in there contesting day 1.) It's been a very chill/relaxed expac launch and we're still ahead of when I expected us to finish up, we've gotten good sleep every night and even given people time to XP/fuck around etc. I couldn't be happier with how things have gone in terms of my overall plans for the server at this point.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users