Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How much do you think the six-boxers will try six-boxing on Aradune regardless of the threat of GM monitoring?
I think it's inevitable. Personally, I think it's pretty doable, if you can level without getting caught. Once Kunark hits, you can live in DZs if you really want and still get good xp/loot. If you're a no-lifer or massive krono farmer, that won't work though because there won't be enough content or enough to farm. I think anyone six boxing or the like in a heavily contested area should get found out pretty easily if this dedicated GM bullshit is worth even a little bit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How much do you think the six-boxers will try six-boxing on Aradune regardless of the threat of GM monitoring?

I can see the RMT crowd and people who love to farm krono with multiple duos. Just park them in different zones/camps/picks and no one will ever know. I don't expect the GMs to actively look into things until someone reports them or you are really dumb and having your 5+ characters autofollowing along and fighting like a normal 6 box group.

And the RMT bots and such will all be on the 2box server.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I'm glad they're going to trial dedicated GM's ... be interesting to see how they handle the eventual drama over favorite item drop locations (Golden Efreeti Boots, Flowing Black Silk Sash, etc.) If I were GM, I would take a page from LachiusTZ LachiusTZ 's book ... and temporarily enable pvp for that zone and all the associated DZ's. Be sure xp loss is enabled on any pk kill ... and then let the players sort it out.

#SelfCorrectingProblem

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad they're going to trial dedicated GM's ... be interesting to see how they handle the eventual drama over favorite item drop locations (Golden Efreeti Boots, Flowing Black Silk Sash, etc.) If I were GM, I would take a page from LachiusTZ LachiusTZ 's book ... and temporarily enable pvp for that zone and all the associated DZ's. Be sure xp loss is enabled on any pk kill ... and then let the players sort it out.

#SelfCorrectingProblem

It should be pretty easy. DPG has clear rules these days. There are no camps, there is no such thing as kill stealing.

There are very limited things against the rules, everything else is legal, been this way for 10 years now
- Training
- Personal threats
- AFK Botting
- Hacking

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel I can never get an accurcate answer to the current monk fist table on TLPs. Anyone able to provide that?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I feel I can never get an accurcate answer to the current monk fist table on TLPs. Anyone able to provide that?

Better than era, worse than live, still bananas.

Also Innerflame exists with a version existing for each non-priest non-caster.

1588338297309.png

Monks range from being high tier to their own tier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is their own tier above or lower than enchanters with a charmed pet?

The Monk Tier (inhabited by only by Monks during certain expansions) includes their value on raids including utility, parses and damage races in a contested situation.

Enchanters range from A to S+. They're baller without a doubt but raiding as one can be monotonous.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Chanter with charm pet will always be better. I kind of recommend don't going that way because once you do you will find it hard to play these early expansions any other way.

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
So as someone who doesn't really pay attention that much - is there going to be any real OW competition on this server? I see a few guilds recruiting but I'm too far removed to know who anyone is:

And even this one mentions OW: Aradune < Relentless Insomnia > | EverQuest Forums

And I see Atabishi recruiting as well on these forums in the other thread.

Mainly just curious!

DickTrickle

It's rare that there's more than one primary open world racing guild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
I mean I'm well aware of the dynamic as I played in the racing guilds since ragefire, I was more asking if there was anyone notable leading any of these that might be true contenders.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

My experience on Mangler is that a hasted charm pet will often do more dps than the rest of the group combined. People usually build the group around charm so it's hard to even get a group going if you don't have an enchanter, and when the enchanter leaves the group usually falls apart. With the group bonus being what it is, small groups aren't really viable either.

It's the meta these days, go charm or go home. I'm told the balance changes after PoP but I have not played that far recently myself.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I mean I'm well aware of the dynamic as I played in the racing guilds since ragefire, I was more asking if there was anyone notable leading any of these that might be true contenders.
Relentless insomnia and the stupid "that's eq baby" have known hardcore OW leadership. I don't know about the others

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If the server ended up with no one willing to batphone Eye of Veeshan at 3 AM I wouldn't be shocked.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So on the truebox server no ISBoxer and no MQ2? Boxing is really the manual way?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm warming up to one of these servers. I'd probably burn out on Kunark again anyway. Spending 10 charming at juggs to get 60 broke me last time. Regime Regime where's the action at?
That broke you too? Played an enchanter on Phinigel, and I ground out to 60 on Juggs, and never played the rest of the expansion, or the server for that matter.

• 1Worf