Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Is this something I should be concerned about? I can't find any references to these BuffXX that I've deleted except in that log. Has anyone else shortened the buff windows and resolved this?

Sure have. You just hide it, you don't remove the buttons.

Updated Example:

Code:
  <StaticAnimation item="BW_BuffBackground4">
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
      <X>298</X>
      <Y>522</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
      <CX>0</CX>      <!-- <CX>50/100</CX> set to zero to hide for older expansions -->
      <CY>0</CY>      <!-- <CY>76/152</CY>  set to zero to hide for older expansions -->
    </Size>

Do this for each of the buff slots that you want to remove. Setting the size to zero just hides it. They still function, you just don't see them.

Just remember though, anytime you modify the UI prepare yourself a world of pain when there's an update to the game. =D

edit: I fucked up where I removed it. It's fixed now.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One time we killed our pets to recover the gear for the dude who had hooked em up only to find that someone must have handed +mr shit to our pets. The enchanter was mad; I laughed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pro tip: Don't use the mage summoned +7sv magic daggers for charm pets! That's a bad idea!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Disclaimer - I have never had the discipline to maintain a set of pet items. Ever. I always lose this shit. I know people that can hold on to the same Steel Flint Hilted Dagger for goddamn ever while I'm tearing through a fucking bag of Adamantite Bands.

View attachment 271237

edit - a charmed pet will only wear one ring

This is primo info. They're not lore, they lower MR, and it'd be easy to farm 'em both. The flint dagger is lore and in a tougher place to farm, so I can see people saving that for a rainy day (Jugg farming? Trak raid?).

As for the chanter epic 1.0, it sounds highly unnecessary. Get VoG and call it a day.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Pro tip: Don't use the mage summoned +7sv magic daggers for charm pets! That's a bad idea!

I once guild removed an Enchanter when we killed his charm pet and found two of these on his mob during a Vox raid.

Sterling

El Presidente
This is primo info. They're not lore, they lower MR, and it'd be easy to farm 'em both. The flint dagger is lore and in a tougher place to farm, so I can see people saving that for a rainy day (Jugg farming? Trak raid?).

As for the chanter epic 1.0, it sounds highly unnecessary. Get VoG and call it a day.
Yeah don't do the 1.0 and make one of the other chanters do the proper buffing for tanks and temporary pets.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
that's dipping into kunark, telling you those naggy pokers on a rock golem is the real thing in the hole.

That's if you can get 'em without melee classes going ballistic. Sounds like something that would be fun for AA farming in Luclin with dire charm and that weapon not being in demand.

Anyone remember when zones like Stonebrunt Mountains and Jaggedpine Forest become available? Technically they're in the classic world, but both were added later. They create some new opportunities.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Or you could drop two of those and a Resist Magic on the charm pet of somebody you don't like. The possibilities are endless!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can really exploit the FDing when your charm pet is low hp, keep the shm out of agro range, and let the pet regen 20% a tick while it has no agro mechanic, recharm with necro a lot easier than enchanter w/ a non cleric so in my experience you wont have as many issues with running oom from healing. For example I could do the entire hamlord wing (or frenzy or king) as nec/shm. In kunark I could keep kennel clear and pop CoD was np. Everyone likes a raid shm and no one likes to play them as well.

After doing shm/nec and enc/clr the last 2 TLPs, Id go enc/clr again. Especially on a fresh TLP. There are just so many more options avail to allow you to stay ahead of the curve and can pretty much solo anything that would normally take a full group to do. Start building that krono early

The god of Necro's is saying to go Enc over Nec? I've preferred Necro since a few TLPs back just because I can zone into PoFear pm naked and solo armor whenever i feel like it without summoning help.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's if you can get 'em without melee classes going ballistic. Sounds like something that would be fun for AA farming in Luclin with dire charm and that weapon not being in demand.

Anyone remember when zones like Stonebrunt Mountains and Jaggedpine Forest become available? Technically they're in the classic world, but both were added later. They create some new opportunities.

It's dumb. They don't come until luclin

DickTrickle

Sure have. You just hide it, you don't remove the buttons.

Updated Example:

Code:
  <StaticAnimation item="BW_BuffBackground4">
    <Location>
      <X>298</X>
      <Y>522</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
      <CX>0</CX>      <!-- <CX>50/100</CX> set to zero to hide for older expansions -->
      <CY>0</CY>      <!-- <CY>76/152</CY>  set to zero to hide for older expansions -->
    </Size>

Do this for each of the buff slots that you want to remove. Setting the size to zero just hides it. They still function, you just don't see them.

Just remember though, anytime you modify the UI prepare yourself a world of pain when there's an update to the game. =D

edit: I fucked up where I removed it. It's fixed now.

Yeah, that works, thanks. I did this before in the past but never cared about the warnings. And yeah, I know UI changes can be a bitch (I've said so a few times in this thread!) but I thought might give it another go. I rather like Tuco's large health bar group window so something similar is my next project.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The god of Necro's is saying to go Enc over Nec? I've preferred Necro since a few TLPs back just because I can zone into PoFear pm naked and solo armor whenever i feel like it without summoning help.

For a fresh TLP I gotta say yeah. When youre boxing the versatility of a necro doesnt matter as much imo. You also have a few more charm options than nec, but Id prob still be doing the same zone path and bullying people out of camps. Doing it over again Id do enc/clr/sk i think. When I did enc/clr/wiz I really really regretted not having a fd class to to fd things with.

DickTrickle

Okay, new UI question. I have the following so far in trying to increase my group window gauge:

1589989938103.png

Two problems thus far (mana/sta I haven't gotten to yet):

1) I can't get the name font size to increase.
2) The damn borders on the top and bottom are super fat and I don't know what controls that.

Any ideas?

Code:
<Gauge item="GW_Gauge5">
    <ScreenID>Gauge5</ScreenID>
    <Text>Party Member 5</Text>
    <TextColor>
      <R>0</R>
      <G>0</G>
      <B>0</B>
    </TextColor>
    <Location>
      <X>2</X>
      <Y>300</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
      <CX>250</CX>
      <CY>55</CY>
    </Size>
    <TextOffsetY>20</TextOffsetY>
    <TextOffsetX>5</TextOffsetX>
    <GaugeOffsetY>1</GaugeOffsetY>
    <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
    <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
    <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
    <FillTint>
      <R>0</R>
      <G>255</G>
      <B>0</B>
    </FillTint>
    <LinesFillTint>
      <R>220</R>
      <G>220</G>
      <B>0</B>
    </LinesFillTint>
    <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill>
    <EQType>15</EQType>
    <GaugeDrawTemplate>
      <Background>A_GaugeBackground</Background>
      <Fill>A_GaugeFill</Fill>
      <Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines>
      <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill</LinesFill>
      <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft</EndCapLeft>
      <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight</EndCapRight>
    </GaugeDrawTemplate>
    <Font>5</Font>
    <GaugeOffsetX>-1</GaugeOffsetX>
    <TextOffsetY>-1</TextOffsetY>
  </Gauge>

If I remove Background and EndCaps, I get all the gray removed. I am thinking that must be an image that is getting stretched and that's why it's looking the way it does.

Last edited:

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
How hard is it to play a bard on TLP?

I've always enjoyed support classes, and I never see enough bards anywhere.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
How hard is it to play a bard on TLP?

I've always enjoyed support classes, and I never see enough bards anywhere.

Not hard to play. Need to set up melody and that takes care of twisting for the most part. Besides that it's mostly having targetting set up right so you can juggle 4 to 5 mezzes at a time.

Bard is a great versatile class. Not sure any other game has a class quite like an EQ bard. You get batman-like utility--some of it really off the wall, like High-Sun. Once you play a bard, every other class will seem slow, and stopping to cast becomes an annoyance. Raid game for bards is lack-luster, but if you can convince a guild to let you do some of the raid pulling, it gets better.

As the expansions progress, you will see a lot of other players boxing bards.

They are also pretty good at DS powerleveling.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Like with anything there's a lot of little tricks and ways to show you're better than someone else but you can be a perfectly acceptable Bard without much difficulty. Stand in the right spots, play the right songs and stop playing them when the Monks are out doing Monk shit and you're a valued member of the team.