Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I cancelled my sub and told EQ to fuck off yesterday. Its gotten too bad. Best love to my boys at TEB -- you guys are awesome -- raiding classic with 10 minute zone loading times just isnt worth my time.

Ill check in every so often to see if they go out of business (most likely), Pantheon comes out (well put this in the middle), or they fix their shit (least likely)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I cancelled my sub and told EQ to fuck off yesterday. Its gotten too bad. Best love to my boys at TEB -- you guys are awesome -- raiding classic with 10 minute zone loading times just isnt worth my time.

Ill check in every so often to see if they go out of business (most likely), Pantheon comes out (well put this in the middle), or they fix their shit (least likely)
Sad when that isn't the least likely thing to happen

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
The reality is that they will have enough player base attrition from poor performance in the coming weeks to where server stability will probably increase. I think thats literally their strategy -- which is sad and the most low energy strategy Ive ever heard of.

• 1Worf

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The reality is that they will have enough player base attrition from poor performance in the coming weeks to where server stability will probably increase. I think thats literally their strategy -- which is sad and the most low energy strategy Ive ever heard of.
It's super effective!

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't J Chan the one credited with the servers holding together so well?

She becomes head honcho, and instead of the servers being better than ever, the somehow have reverted back to '99 status. You would think if she had some sort of direct effect on their performance, as the big boss she would be able to train people or divert resources to not have her product become a complete shit show.

What gives?

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man as far as I am aware she has never said another word after her introduction when she got the promotion.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
But they have dedciated GMs for that server! lol. heard its a real witch hunter for 3+ boxers

• 1Worf

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do you use the same account on the same machine or do you switch around any?
Before it started happening, I'd only log one account into each computer. SK into the desktop, Shaman into the laptop. I gave up yesterday after getting the 'Server request denied' error for a 5th day in a row.

• 1Worf

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Velocity being too high while zoning disconnecting you is complete madness. I can't imagine what kind of cornholery code you need to do that.

I think that one might be part of the truebox shit working behind the scenes, because that's not at all replicable on test.

It SOUNDS similar to an issue we saw in DoN (maybe omens?), when their new "anti-mq guru" came in and tried to crack down on some of the warp fuckery, which resulted in having to change chain-zoning from warping zoneline to zoneline to warping zone to safe to just at the zone line, then zoning from there, but its definitely working differently on test and live vs tlp.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I stopped playing the first weekend. Those queue times were not worth the early drudge.

What's the deal with load times? Is it the server hardware move they did? Just scanning a certain everquest account site, seems like people are dumping the server quicker than ever.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
My first visit to commonlands last night basically verified what the others have stated - lots of lag and random disconnects.

I had been fine while in WFP but just running around after zoning resulted in me getting dc’d and I guess dieing from a random mob as my character got stuck in the world. Was back at spawn when I logged in. I suppose I’ll give going to another location like butcher or steamfont a shot.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Isn't J Chan the one credited with the servers holding together so well?

She becomes head honcho, and instead of the servers being better than ever, the somehow have reverted back to '99 status. You would think if she had some sort of direct effect on their performance, as the big boss she would be able to train people or divert resources to not have her product become a complete shit show.

What gives?

I said this when she got promoted.

Now there is literally no one around and able to do this type of work.

The organization promoted their most valuable skilled laborer into management and is reaping the rewards of such a decision.

• 1Solidarity

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I said this when she got promoted.

Now there is literally no one around and able to do this type of work.

The organization promoted their most valuable skilled laborer into management and is reaping the rewards of such a decision.

Pretty sre J Chan is just a place holder until they can get a real leader in the position or sell the studio.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i just read like 10 pages of people having awful experiences and for some reason i still want to play

• 1Barf

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
i just read like 10 pages of people having awful experiences and for some reason i still want to play

The thing is, in a month or however long it takes for this to iron out, the people that stuck it out are going to have the stories about how terrible it was and that will be fun in a way.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point I hope they sell very soon.

I think it's the silence that really burns me.

Realistically, who is going to buy this IP?

I'm not saying its impossible, but it's got to be ancient tech to work with (fact: i have no idea what I'm talking about).

Would they try to pitch EQ Next 2 (or whatever they are working on) as a selling point?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All they have to do is copy the existing formula, its all there, even in code. Just make a fresh world to explore with modern engine. Make it a true successor to EQ and people will come. Because this game stood the test of time. 20+ yrs and counting, countless iterations of progression servers, and yet poeple still come.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users