Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why is the unfrastructure/code shit suddenly when it was fine with the last few TLPs?
If you read between the lines in A Note to the EQ Community from Jenn Chan | EverQuest Forums the answer is basically that they made some changes and are third-tier developers so they fucked everything up.

I'm ignorant of the specifics but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried fixing some multithreading by sprinkling mutexes and sleeps everywhere and it worked when they debugged it through visual studio so they committed it and closed a jira ticket or some shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did full chargebacks on all my aradune purchases for both accounts. Literally unplayable, and the accounts they're about to ban are my originals from 99. Don't care, done with these clowns.

• 10Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Just logged in remotely a little while ago, says queue is 10 minutes? Or maybe it was hours, damn screen is small on my phone.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
It says 45 minutes right now. I'm assuming it will get up to a couple hours around 4 and then start to taper back off. I usually try to play around 8:30 pst so I've been having to queue up around 4. I'm going to try queuing at 6 tonight and see what happens. If I can't get in by 9:30 it looks like early bedtime for me.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't someone post a way to bypass the queue in here a few days ago, having trouble finding the post.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can't blame this shit on afkers, q said 30 minutes, going on 45 now.

As the queues get longer there is more incentive to never exit the game. The more people using some sort of workaround to stay in game the less reliable the already unreliable queue estimates are going to be and the more people that will feel pressured to also set up their own autoclickers. This week every single day it has felt like I was seeing that behavior in real time. Each day I've tried to log in earlier and earlier to be ready at prime time and each day I've been missing my target by larger and larger amounts of time. It is very discouraging.

Aside from employing an autoclicker of my own, something I do not wish to do, I'm rapidly running out of options.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of times, the most impressive thing about old EQ raids was the desirability and creativity of the loot. If that carrot hadn't been so tasty, the mind-numbing design would have been a lot more glaring.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did full chargebacks on all my aradune purchases for both accounts. Literally unplayable, and the accounts they're about to ban are my originals from 99. Don't care, done with these clowns.
That's the way to do it. They automatically get charged fees just by a claim being issued.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A lot of times, the most impressive thing about old EQ raids was the desirability and creativity of the loot. If that carrot hadn't been so tasty, the mind-numbing design would have been a lot more glaring.
Cant believe other companies didnt copy their tailor-hand made loot idea. That shit was solid. Also their use of placeholders and rare spawns was a good one too. I guess everyone hated on the idea of "camping" so that shit went away with WoW and the replacement of items with spreadsheet generated loot. I also think the "pick" is a good compromise between social dungeons and lines they used to have, lol. Shit still hooks me every time I go in and play. I actually never minded camping, it was relaxing and a way to chat with others with you. which also went away with modern more action, constantly moving, oriented game play mmos. But I guess we have our discords now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
idk if that quote was real about adding new servers has the potential to crash other live servers, like wtf kinda setup would do that?

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Nothing about dealing with Aradune lololol

This is just the usual monthly patch. It usually doesnt have emergency fixes baked in.

Fun thing to note, the patch lines about the charm change are NOT in the test patch notes, so this is either a this week change, or they didnt want to give it away ahead of time, which is a thing they're doing these days with overseer, though they seem to have abandoned a lot of those changes when people stopped giving a fuck about it and said so vocally.

Not like -20% changes much, early era charm pets go from significantly better than anything else to substantially better than anything else.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
idk if that quote was real about adding new servers has the potential to crash other live servers, like wtf kinda setup would do that?
I think the core problem with their shit is they have a single centralized database for all servers with dumpster level communication paradigm that gets bottlefucked if too many requests are coming in. So if they split aradune somehow, they might ease the load in that pipeline but cause additional stress overall. Fucking clown world.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
This is just the usual monthly patch. It usually doesnt have emergency fixes baked in.

Fun thing to note, the patch lines about the charm change are NOT in the test patch notes, so this is either a this week change, or they didnt want to give it away ahead of time, which is a thing they're doing these days with overseer, though they seem to have abandoned a lot of those changes when people stopped giving a fuck about it and said so vocally.

Not like -20% changes much, early era charm pets go from significantly better than anything else to substantially better than anything else.

I went to rathe to test out the consequences for bard charming on giants...I can't tell.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Yea, I would place a very strong bet on this charm nerf not affecting much at all purely from the "ench+cleric duo is too strong!" Standpoint. I would assume this is one of the main targets of any ench nerfs. Charms are still going to be optimal to any dps classes, and still tank way way better than pc classes, especially with multiple charmers in grp still.

Maybe this is a tester for the next nerf that puts ench pets 50% or more less dmg to see how the community and sub count reacts. But, why? Focus on what's important guys. Ench charm is just a part of this old ass game. Accept it and fix what really matters