Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sterling

El Presidente
You told me on Phinny not to do it.. and I should have listened. Not sure why the hell I ever did it twice.
Mage Epic? You definitely want to do it on a main, but on alts it's a pain in the dick. I ended up doing 1 because the 2 staves and crown basically fell into my lap.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
66 seconds, almost to the second.

An elephant ONLY
Lion and lioness
Aviaks
An escaped splitpaw gnoll

If you start getting named gnolls, undead Cyclops or a named Cyclops, then you are on the wrong spawn cycle. Seems like if you start getting a ton of mobs in the south east corner, you are likely on the wrong cycle. Most of your mobs should spawn in the western half, South of splitpaw.

If you see a mob path over splitpaw, North / south, kill it as it maybe a placeholder.

Mobs involved in spawning it will path to the northern half of the map but will also path back to the southern half of the Map after a while. Your best bet if you arrive and somebody is already killing a bunch of stuff is to wait and see if he spawns as well as watch to see if mobs are passing up to the north from split paw to the west of split paw.

My phone is flipping out so I'm just going to tag this here and maybe edit the post later.
I had this camp on lockdown last year on live. I only killed one mob every 66s. There are other spawns i saw on the cycle.

This kazam post is the best guide for it, and my reply there as pell123 shows my log.

Note that i did this during a double named event.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I had this camp on lockdown last year on live. I only killed one mob every 66s. There are other spawns i saw on the cycle.

This kazam post is the best guide for it, and my reply there as pell123 shows my log.

Note that i did this during a double named event.

As a solo Paladin without any sort of tracking or outside aid, where do you recommend I sit to spot a fresh QM spawn? Assuming other people are farming the PH's.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As a solo Paladin without any sort of tracking or outside aid, where do you recommend I sit to spot a fresh QM spawn? Assuming other people are farming the PH's.
As a solo paladin i recommend you play a different game, lol.

But seriously on TLP I recommend just killing everything between the aviaks and splitpaw and hope you don't get KS'd.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
There is one ph in zone that has a different spawn timer than like all other mobs in zone. Something like 74 (maybe 94? Been years) seconds when all others are 60 or something like that. The ph will be found walking straight north to south, or south to North. Start testing all mobs one by one that are walking these directions

You need a max tracking ranger to typically stand about a few screens directly north of the aviak birdhouse, where you are certain you can see track of most all the lower half of the zone. I never had a big issue with it actually spawning north, out of tracking range. To make things way easier, have a bard as well to get to and kill phs quickly. Kill ph, start timer, run back to your waiting and tracking spot, see what pops at top of normal mode tracking, go kill it, run back to waiting spot and time, over and over

Once you find quillmane, keep tracking and smashing that ph every so many seconds it spawns to farm her.

If the pH cycle you're on spawns another named on the timer, ignore it and try a new pH.

The majority of all quillmane spawns I've had were in the southwest quarter of zone, sometimes way southeast. Quillmane doesn't always walk north to south, or south to North, but the pH certainly does. This will help narrow it down faster

By the way this is nearly the same type of strategy for bilge farfathom in dagnors. Except dagnors have those dwarfs killing shit constantly so you gotta really watch track closely or other shit may coincidentally spawn right around your mobs timer and throw you off. You literally have to write every pH on paper, and Mark them off as you go, and just pray the pH is in the top half of track

If you ever happen to catch a fresh server up, or a fresh pick pop, rares or their PH will be at the very top of track after any named npc mobs. So say a fresh lake rathe pops on server up, you login your char who was logged out there. You hit track, bilge pH is the first or in the first few mobs that are at the top of track in normal tracking mode after the named npcs. Don't use "by distance".

Rare to get a fresh pick of south karana, but dagnors happens often on new TLP servers when guild's jam in there to do an instanced phinny. Which also happens to be the time bilge loot can net you an insane amount of cash on a new server

Trust me , "an elephant" popping on track is not an indicator of success for QM

Ph will be like, shadow wolf, cent sheltie, avaik rook, lion, lioness, stuff like that. It will rarely if ever be elephant of any type, not the cyclops, not the treants, not the named mobs

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

You will not get Quillmane.

Unless it's 1 am, on a sub pick and no one else is in zone as you run around experimenting.

The chance that you do what I did and nail 4 placeholders in a row is infinitely small. They spawn all over the entire southern half of the map (using Paw as the 1/2 marker). Literally from the west edge to the east edge from the south end of the zone to the horizontal plane of paw.

On the Off-chance you DO manage to spawn him. You will have no way of knowing that he is up. You will have to check all spawn locations every "placeholder" you kill.

Basically:

IF you manage to get a placeholder and IF that placeholder manages to spawn QM and IF QM actually spawns in your 500 /loc field of vision. You will get a QM kill that you worked for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You will not get Quillmane.

Unless it's 1 am, on a sub pick and no one else is in zone as you run around experimenting.

The chance that you do what I did and nail 4 placeholders in a row is infinitely small. They spawn all over the entire southern half of the map (using Paw as the 1/2 marker). Literally from the west edge to the east edge from the south end of the zone to the horizontal plane of paw.

On the Off-chance you DO manage to spawn him. You will have no way of knowing that he is up. You will have to check all spawn locations every "placeholder" you kill.

Basically:

IF you manage to get a placeholder and IF that placeholder manages to spawn QM and IF QM actually spawns in your 500 /loc field of vision. You will get a QM kill that you worked for.

Well I got one already! Here’s to a few more.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Well I got one already! Here’s to a few more.

You did get one but you didn't spawn one, that was kinda my insinuation, not that he won't be up when you are in zone, but your question was:

where do you recommend I sit to spot a fresh QM spawn?

If your goal is to spawn QM yourself using PH kills as your metric, your only realistic route would be to sit in the zone, train around sections and murder them til you get a spawn.

I guess I shouldn't say you WON'T get it because statistically that's not likely either given enough time.

Being that said, you would either need extreme luck or large amounts of time. In this instance since the QM loot rights are going for 3 KR, time is not your friend because the longer you take to spawn him the greater chance of a person coming in with track and taking over your PH spawns will be, they will also see QM before you see him.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If someone is doing the cycle and you are not maphacking you have little chance anywhere. I would say an edge of the spawn radius box since the farmers are likely to park nearer the middle, so maybe a bit nw but not too much so of the hermit hut as an option.

If people (do we even call p99ers people??) Are xping off of sk trash for god knows what terrible reason, I would suggest going just south of paw as a decent intercept point. This is a relatively decent spot for "he will come by eventually" and obviously assumes others are not going to actively hunt him down. If they are, this spot blows.

My real advice you don't want is skip quillmane if you can't track.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If someone is doing the cycle and you are not maphacking you have little chance anywhere. I would say an edge of the spawn radius box since the farmers are likely to park nearer the middle, so maybe a bit nw but not too much so of the hermit hut as an option.

If people (do we even call p99ers people??) Are xping off of sk trash for god knows what terrible reason, I would suggest going just south of paw as a decent intercept point. This is a relatively decent spot for "he will come by eventually" and obviously assumes others are not going to actively hunt him down. If they are, this spot blows.

My real advice you don't want is skip quillmane if you can't track.

There is honestly a lot of traffic in SK, aviaks have been camped 24/7 for weeks and there is some bot that has been farming raiders in the NE corner for the last 3 days non stop. That said, I found it was decently worthwhile for me to just sit on the WW area by the shadow men and if some ranger/druid/bard types are doing QM there is a chance I can snipe a spawn. Most people even on modern TLP's won't DPS race random lowbies on mobs and this has worked in my favor.

• 1Picard

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
You can also get a cloak by mass murdering mobs and the SEQ farmer will pay you to go away!

Then again, these GM's will probably consider it toxic behaviour now and will get you a 7 day vacation....

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not farming another quillmane cloak ever again but I bet if I tried on TLP I'd last exactly 2 quillmane spawns before breaking down and finally getting SEQ.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm not farming another quillmane cloak ever again but I bet if I tried on TLP I'd last exactly 2 quillmane spawns before breaking down and finally getting SEQ.

There are so many people using this, and all of them admit to using it on all the past TLEs too with no consequences. Pretty much every PUG group I've been in has been pretty casual in chat about it.

Decades ago, people had to run it on a separate Linux box, especially because back then people running EQ actually sorta cared about it. I remember a poll asking if we would mind it if they scanned our PC processes lol.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’m going to have to refresh my memory of Sol B - I go LFG sitting in LGuk and will get 3 - 4 invites to Sol B groups in minutes.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
just use mySEQ and quillmane is easy.

Was talking to a pal the other day, and it seems that for whatever the reason the respawn timer appears to now be variable (roughly 66-80s) and not absolute. The confirmation was done with I believe 11 quillmane spawns and about as many times that phs so it seems like a reliable accounting. So you're trying to do this cycle with an indefinite ph respawn timer while endless former-p99er spergs slaughter elephants for god only knows what idiotic reason instead of hunting in any other karana zone for better xp, plus the 24/7 aviak farm, plus potentially the grimrotbot hitting some roamers...

You will need to do it during darkpaw's recommended playtime hours (12pm-7am pst) or good luck.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Server and zone load have an effect on spawn times. It was actually confirmed by a dev recently but they said it was only 5 to 10%, but I've noticed much greater variances

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Server and zone load have an effect on spawn times. It was actually confirmed by a dev recently but they said it was only 5 to 10%, but I've noticed much greater variances
There was one night a few weeks ago I was in a group in the main pick of lguk and spawn times were at least 40minutes

• 1Picard