Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was thinking about mages being potentially better for that reason. The idea is boxing a group that are all doing the same thing. I'm not going to do it but it's fun to think about. Necros wouldn't be able to meet their full potential DPSwise but they'd also be impossible to KS.
Hard to beat a 4x mage + enc + cle group. Enchanter pulls/CC's/tashes, a mage malos and everyone blows the fuck outta everything while the cleric heals. If you're concerned about KSing, 6x necros is great because at high levels you can occupy between 1 and 6 zones and just FD until mobs spawn. This gives you plenty of time to play a real game. But those six necros won't be a murderball that can 2shot red mobs like 4x mages can.

Depending on your playstyle, you might want to replace a mage with a druid. Personally when I did Aradune I wanted to see as much of the content again as possible so I spent a lot of time moving around vs just doing commonlands->unrest->guk->hole or whatever. Moving in EQ is so painful without ports + SoW, but if your characters can bind and gate it's not so bad because ports are super easy to find in commons tunnel after the first week or so. A druid is a poor man's replacement for a mage, but when you're rolling 6 deep in easy-AF classic, it barely matters.

Related, I did 4x mage + enc + dru on live last year:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also, you can watch Zaide's level to 50 marathon to see what a mage murderball looks like, I think they were pretty close to that group. I think watching those vids will demotivate you though, it is boring and easy. I maintain that the only way I'd do another TLP is if they made a much harder version of it where mobs had 2x health, tougher resists, no charming, 2x damage etc etc.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's never going to happen but I would still like to get an EQ+ where a team goes back through the game and updates all raid encounters, itemization, class balance, etc. starting with classic.

• 1Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting:

From Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 12:01 AM PDT until Monday, October 5, 2020 at 10:59 PM PDT, ALL players will experience 50% shorter instance lockout timers!

Does that mean 1/2 time raid lockouts?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Interesting:

From Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 12:01 AM PDT until Monday, October 5, 2020 at 10:59 PM PDT, ALL players will experience 50% shorter instance lockout timers!

Does that mean 1/2 time raid lockouts?

Yep.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Allright i really need a raid guild now.

Its just brutal how how little Kunark has in content. Since starting 2 and 1/2th week ago ive got my enc to 60 already and got him most hate pieces ect.. There is just nothing to do really outside raid and alt.

Ofc the raids are super limited. They really need to launch Velious like 4 to 8 weeks after RoK at most.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually suggest instead of joining a raid guild you find 5 like minded people and do small 6 man raids of Vox/Phinny/Drusella/etc. and sell the loot you don't need.

Kunark raiding is an absolute joke, and doing it the alternative way is much more rewarding (in terms of fun AND krono).

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
6 weeks would be the sweet spot imo for expansion launch times.

Many expansions felt too short at 1 month on selo but 3 months on agnarr was way too long.

LoY and LDon should drop at the same time with PoP. (Ldon is a trash expansion and should not exist)

Also just skip everything from level 70 until you hit Underfoot and the game is fun again.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Skipping that all is silly. Merging don with oow and por with dodh would make sense though. I'd prefer to keep it at 3 months though.

You don't have to spend every second of your gaming time playing EverQuest so it doesn't need to be super short. Selo showed if it goes too fast you will lose a lot of people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well something about the current setup of TLPs has certainly lost its luster. Everything feels too fast or too slow. Everyone has everything they want, and everythings really easy. I'm hoping they can come up with a new forumla for future TLPs because this shit is stale.

DickTrickle

Well something about the current setup of TLPs has certainly lost its luster. Everything feels too fast or too slow. Everyone has everything they want, and everythings really easy. I'm hoping they can come up with a new forumla for future TLPs because this shit is stale.
Maybe you weren't meant to play the exact same thing five times. I mean, I really don't understand why people would want to do a TLP more than twice.

There's also zero chance that they add anything meaty for TLP. I'm pretty sure the current people on the dev team do not like working on TLP related issues even if they had more time and resources.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The dev who handled the TLP issues and improvements went over to blizzard with Holly. So yeah don't hold your breath,

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The current hosting set up can't handle anything new with TLP's.

The launch of Aradune really showed how unstable their servers are in general.

I'd expect only more mangler type TLPs in the future for their yearly 40 slot bag and exp potion cash drive.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider

We keep playing the same 5 eras and people are surprised it has "lost its luster." The majority of people I've talked to who have taken a TLP past LDoN have enjoyed their trip. Maybe stick this one out instead of rerolling in 7 months with the next TLP. This is why Rizlona was so appealing to me. Truebox is cool if it honestly worked during the early eras to bring back the social group aspect that EQ gets right. However, as soon as a few folks leave, or you are not with the leveling rushes, it becomes really difficult to do anything on your own unless you go command center with the laptops or straight up violate all the rules so you can box. I'm having a blast playing a mini army to do my own thing and playing maybe 2 for raids to get my social fix.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im actually excited to play the god+ stuff i never tried. I had a blast when i came back in SoF back in 08. SoF era still felt like old eq to me but just idk evolved slighlty.

But i tried a heroic bst on miragul as a sort of test before making one on FV. The heroic toons i figured are only like 5 lvls above when i left right? But it feels so alien somehow...

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
But i tried a heroic bst on miragul as a sort of test before making one on FV. Now, i played back in SOF for a while. When i came back then it was different. But really kinda felt like PoP era+ in the sense playing a nec and sk felt familiar.

Now the heroic toons i figured are only like 5 lvls above when i left right? But it feels so alien somehow.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If Everquest circa 1999-2002 has lost its luster then its time to start your SSFHC character. Get that level 50 solo Rogue with 0 deaths!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users