Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
SO I was an advocate for Lumi shaman. I examined the parses, compared activity, and tried to explain away the different play styles. However your attitude, like it is here, is pretty awful. That's basically the end of it.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
SO I was an advocate for Lumi shaman. I examined the parses, compared activity, and tried to explain away the different play styles. However your attitude, like it is here, is pretty awful. That's basically the end of it.

Hard not to have an awful attitude when surrounded by so many shitty people.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Hard not to have an awful attitude when surrounded by so many shitty people.

The parse that got you called out was a GDKP NToV raid that Qyburn(Lumi) had cast a total of 6 spells in 1 hour.

The raid leader asked him to please malo the flurry drakes to help speed up trash clearing.

Qyburn proceeds to lose his fucking mind about how Everquest is an easy game and we are all trash.

Try to explain to him that his opinion of if it is easy or not means nothing. We are asking him to respect the time of the 53 other people in the raid by you know...contributing more than 6 spells an hour and just meleeing on a shaman while insulting everyone around him. He loses his shit even more to the point where people actively try to get him kicked by the guild leadership. They had a vote and basically the only people who wanted to keep him around were Sieger and Foaming. They ignore the vote, keep slappy around in the guild and he still manages to alienate anyone trying to give him a chance.

2 years later and we still laugh about what a fucking piece of human garbage you are.

Yes we were too toxic for YOU.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Damn that Brother Z one is huge

Yeah, it's pretty clear how they want the Monk epic to be done. This'll hit a lot of krono farmers in the pocketbook, but I can't say I disagree. Have some super-fond memories of camping Raster and Targin back in 2004 when I had all the time in the world and nothing to worry about. More recently I'd just get it the Brother Z way, and it never felt right. Just from a lore perspective, questing the robe is so much more interesting, and young folk were missing out. Also I'd say this is the biggest evidence yet of a Kunark TLP being the next one.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
There was no vote fwiw, I didn't run the Selo guild as a democracy, no one was ever kicked from the guild unless I said they were kicked. Silinius did briefly kick Lumi in PoP but that was a spur of the moment thing and hadn't been discussed.

I honestly do not remember us ever even having a discussion of "Qyburn misbehaved on a GDKP run, should we kick him?" We actually had a discussion about whether to kick him or not because he was talking back to Lorglath (one of our officers earlier on Selo and back on Agnarr), Lorg is the one who noticed he had like 150+ AAs spent, but hadn't purchased MGB. Lorg told him he should get that purchased, and Qyburn was rude/dismissive about it, which triggered Lorg. In the long discussion about it I think it was actually Foaming who pulled logs and basically said "Qyburn sucks, but we have like 20 peopel that suck just as much, so if we're going to start kicking bad players we've got a lot of work to do." I intrinsically agreed with this. If you have an early era zerg style guild you will have bad players, I would literally bet everything I own there has never been a guild with > 75 active raiders that wasn't carry bads. The bigger the guild, the bigger the number of bads. Part of what makes it viable is early EQ really doesn't accrue any real negatives from having a really big roster with lots of bads, and most bad players are still providing "incremental value." Once you get into raids with "failure checks" and/or if your DZ is full (we didn't really have this issue because we always 2-3 split stuff back then so we had 150+ slots even in DZ), things are different.

I also would have never kicked someone for misbehaving on a GDKP raid. GDKP raids were a Krim thing, they were not an official guild activity. Me and the officers basically viewed them as a net positive because they kept people engaged/occupied. But they were Krim's business to run, if he had an issue with Qyburn he should have told him he wasn't allowed back in GDKP raids and was going to be denied his share of the plat at the end.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it's pretty clear how they want the Monk epic to be done. This'll hit a lot of krono farmers in the pocketbook, but I can't say I disagree. Have some super-fond memories of camping Raster and Targin back in 2004 when I had all the time in the world and nothing to worry about. More recently I'd just get it the Brother Z way, and it never felt right. Just from a lore perspective, questing the robe is so much more interesting, and young folk were missing out. Also I'd say this is the biggest evidence yet of a Kunark TLP being the next one.

With selos basically over(iirc its at the final expac next month, they get a month to do it alone, then merged into povar), I wouldn't mind seeing another weird TLP. Does kind of suck though for every other TLP everytime they release a new one it just drains any still going even faster but money is more important to them.

As it seems the most they can do is change current details(timers, loot etc) and not actually add anything new, just open a server that runs to say Omens and then resets. Just add some weird mechanics/rules each time. Basically what some games do with seasons.

• 1Solidarity

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I think the thing a lot of people didn't understand is one of our major goals was to not have a "tattler culture" develop in the guild. It was much more important that we had a stable roster and that means no guild drama. In every guild I've been in, the people who run through logs and find out someone had lower uptime in some nonsense drudgery raid like NToV or VT and says so and so should be kicked, is actually a bigger problem than the underperforming player. Because those tattle-tale raiders are much more prone to generating tremendous drama.

Now should people just put zero effort into early EQ? You shouldn't because you should respect other people's time. But you need to have clear standards for when you take action. When we discussing Qyburn/Lumi, the thing me and Foaming basically were saying is "we shouldn't just kick one random underperformer because some crybabies are crying about him, if we want to prune people we should have a process and standards" aka run the guild professionally. So I put it to the officers--if you think we should kick people, give me data, give me some objective measure, and tell me who we should kick. None of the officers was inclined to really do that. We even had a discord channel where people could post raider misbehavior, and it did occasionally get posts, but it usually only got like one post per "problem raider" per month. At the end of the day most of the people who cried about Qyburn and most of the people who played like Qyburn were gone by the 3rd week of Omens of War.

If I was running a guild that wanted to just have a single 72 man raid force, and I wanted us to have the highest performance possible, maybe I'd think that level of analyzing and debating raiders was worthwhile. That just wasn't the guild I saw any reason to try to run on Selo. I think if we had tried we wouldn't be on Selo today. Even with letting tons of bad players I look at it as, we were full splitting PoTime on lockout, triple splitting PoFire, we were clearing these raids very quickly. We three split Tunat in GoD, we were three splitting Anguish and finishing in like 75 minutes. None of that is bragging so much as it is to say without putting in all the effort and stirring up the drama people wanted just so we could punish people they disliked, we still did just fine. There was simply no reason to go down that path in that era of EQ.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The parse that got you called out was a GDKP NToV raid that Qyburn(Lumi) had cast a total of 6 spells in 1 hour.

The raid leader asked him to please malo the flurry drakes to help speed up trash clearing.

Qyburn proceeds to lose his fucking mind about how Everquest is an easy game and we are all trash.

Try to explain to him that his opinion of if it is easy or not means nothing. We are asking him to respect the time of the 53 other people in the raid by you know...contributing more than 6 spells an hour and just meleeing on a shaman while insulting everyone around him. He loses his shit even more to the point where people actively try to get him kicked by the guild leadership. They had a vote and basically the only people who wanted to keep him around were Sieger and Foaming. They ignore the vote, keep slappy around in the guild and he still manages to alienate anyone trying to give him a chance.

2 years later and we still laugh about what a fucking piece of human garbage you are.

Wait a minute, I was on Selo for like a month and even I 'member Qyburn. Specifically, dude was in un-shrunk giant-ass bear form in Ssra Temple meleeing mobs and I was like "the fuck is this guy doing". This was on Week 1

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
In the long discussion about it I think it was actually Foaming who pulled logs and basically said "Qyburn sucks, but we have like 20 peopel that suck just as much, so if we're going to start kicking bad players we've got a lot of work to do."

But the thing is I didn't suck. Apdo or whatever that shaman's name was, was just a full blown autist who spammed canni all raid long and made it look like he was the best player to ever grace Norrath from a numbers perspective. If I sucked I wouldn't have been the best geared and highest AA'd player in the entire guild. I just found it funny that Lorg was raging about me not having MGB despite having MUCH shittier gear than me and like less than half my AA's. I was dismissive because it's super annoying being told what to do and how to play by someone that isn't as good or as dedicated as you.

Sterling

El Presidente
because gear that's gotten by an entire guild has anything to do with competence level? there's a whole lot of room in the middle of being a min/maxing tryhard on trivial content and casting 6 spells in an hour.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
because gear that's gotten by an entire guild has anything to do with competence level? there's a whole lot of room in the middle of being a min/maxing tryhard on trivial content and casting 6 spells in an hour.

Most of the gear I got was on my own time in private groups farming shit. Lorglath was literally naked in several slots while talking shit to me when I had damn near BiS droppable gear in every single slot. That dumb ass telling me what to do is like me telling Tiger Woods how to play golf.

Also, the whole 6 casts per hour is just stupid bullshit because I most likely had an announced afk. I was usually one of very few shamans on those raids and would buff non stop. I had the best shaman weapon and max haste and the melee AA so I melee'd and dot'd a lot. Big fucking deal.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Lol maloing the flurry drakes on a 50ish person raid when they die in 10 seconds regardless. This is what I mean. You're such a stupid fuck it's unbelievable to me. You actually think malo'n flurry drakes on a zerg raid is going to amount to literally anything. At best it would improve clear time by about 2 full seconds. WOW. In fact, my melee'n probably had more of an impact on clear speeds than me wasting time casting a useless fucking spell would have. Also, thinking that makes me human garbage just goes to show what a worthless piece of shit waste of life you are.

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Your attitude is what makes you garbage.

You were asked to participate and you instantly responded with hostility and attacked everyone around you.

But please continue. Tell me again how good you are.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Your attitude is what makes you garbage.

You were asked to participate and you instantly responded with hostility and attacked everyone around you.

But please continue. Tell me again how good you are.

I was participating tho you stupid fuck. Just because I wasn't participating in the way a bunch of absolute god damn retards like you wanted me to doesn't mean I wasn't. I was literally at the top of the DPS charts nonstop and was keeping everyone buffed when asked. When you have a mob of retards harassing you for bullshit reasons of course it's going to met with hostility.

• 1Worf
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users