Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bonestealer? That dude is a legit grade A retard. On Mangler (or Agnarr, I fucking forget) he'd just SEQ rush nameds in BoT and train every mob to a group, hope they died to the trash and try to KS the named afterwards.

Watch him for 5 minutes and you'll find a reason to report that dumb motherfucker.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Niente got me good. He's a solid dude and I was overtrolling. I apologized in the thread.

Those others dudes sucking up though are a bunch of cucks.

• 1Slow
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
3x.gif

Oh Yerm. Stop trying to 1up my post where I shit on children with Crohns

• 2Worf

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Missed out on Kunark and Velious, just got back on Aradune on my cleric. Now that it's 60, I want to roll up an alt to box, so I can farm some shit by myself, and occasionally box it in a group. What would be a good class to do this? If it was launch I would probably go for enchanter because of how overpowered charm is, but how long will that still be good?

I guess other options would be necro or mage, since those have some solo power, cleric doesn't necessarily add much to non-charm duo, I guess.

Any other good options? Those of you with experience in the GoD+ era, which class stays strong?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Missed out on Kunark and Velious, just got back on Aradune on my cleric. Now that it's 60, I want to roll up an alt to box, so I can farm some shit by myself, and occasionally box it in a group. What would be a good class to do this? If it was launch I would probably go for enchanter because of how overpowered charm is, but how long will that still be good?

I guess other options would be necro or mage, since those have some solo power, cleric doesn't necessarily add much to non-charm duo, I guess.

Any other good options? Those of you with experience in the GoD+ era, which class stays strong?
I know nothing about GoD, but for the next 8 months or so the enchanter will still be the winner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I know nothing about GoD, but for the next 8 months or so the enchanter will still be the winner.

It's a great expansion and an enchanter is still powerful but there's a number of zones that don't have charmable targets. A group with an enchanter in Vxed is really good XP and is one of the common ways people race to 70 when OOW unlocks. Oow has some charm damage nerfs in it but you can still be good DPS when you can get a charm pet -- it's just more risk for less reward then the previous OP nature of charming.

Plus you can still destroy pop zones. So, overall, that's at least a solid year of charm being super powerful.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, talking amongst friends and most of us are saying this is either our first and only TLP or last TLP.

Anyone sticking around past PoP?

OG i quit around GoD, I raided a couple times and then quit EQ for life things.

Now that life is "Stable" I'm trying to see if people are gunna stick out on Aradune past PoP.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know quite a few people that are staying as a "last server" and going past PoP. Of course, the longer they hold off a new TLP, the better.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
So, talking amongst friends and most of us are saying this is either our first and only TLP or last TLP.

Anyone sticking around past PoP?

OG i quit around GoD, I raided a couple times and then quit EQ for life things.

Now that life is "Stable" I'm trying to see if people are gunna stick out on Aradune past PoP.

A lot of this depends on the ruleset of the new server, <Altered minds> plans to stay on this server for awhile

• 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The GMS have ramped up their banning campaign. people n ragefire are being hit with 7 days suspensions for "cheating"

On our guild 2 guys were hit for a total of 6 accounts (5 + 1).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Based on discussion in the rizlona discord channel, it sounds like there might be some new automation in terms of finding people using MQ or similar software. It doesn't seem super consistent but there's been a lot of servers with anecdotes like this. If it's not new detection then it sure seems to be more enforcement.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thus far it's been my experience that the people getting suspensions on Riz lately have been of the "Sit in one spot in popular XP zone and let MQ2 auto pull for me" type. Then act surprised when they get popped. Or the "I'm gonna automate picking up mushrooms in kaladim for days. Surely no one will report me that wants the shrooms for themselves" type.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Let me first say that I don't think GMs should enforce anything regarding 3rd party shit on Rizlona, it was supposed to be the Hamsterdam of EQ and that was the draw (at least the way I feel it was presented).

With that out of the way in the 21 years I've played this I've only seen people get erroneously hit by GMs that were doing nothing wrong (at the time) maybe four or five times, the rest maybe all didn't get hit for something they were doing at the time, but they were doing some OTHER shit that justified it. TL (Ragefire) and AoS (phinigel) were some of the first guilds I've been in where it was pretty much out in the open that people were cheating, previously on Live you assumed some people were but it was a don't ask don't tell situation. I've seen a lot of 7 day suspensions for "Cheating" and every one of those people had something in common: they cheated. Maybe they weren't AFK at the time the GM came but they were buying/selling krono on 3rd party sites, actively using SEQ every day, or they were just straight up pieces of shit to people in game.

I think a lot of the recent suspensions are related to what's happening on MMOBugs and potentially ECTunnel PayPal Drama . Every so often DPG/Darkpaw/SOE whatever will do these sting-like operations on the 3rd party sellers and people get a slap on the wrist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, been playing EQ off and on since 1999. Seriously, fuck everyone that cheats in this game. MQ, SEQ, what ever the fuck. You want to know when mobs spawn? Play the game properly and make a druid/bard/ranger. The straight up farmer bots are a whole different level of abuse and do massive damage to the game economies. There isn't a punishment severe enough for those degenerates.

This stuff is a massive advantage in a competitive game world. You use any of that stuff and I hope they delete your accounts and IP ban you.

• 2Dislike
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

This is the only one where I think it should be baked into EQ since it is impossible to actually track and "Cost prohibitive" (more than 0 dollars) to fix.

(Impromptu shout-out to Atabishi sitting his rogue at the VT zone...lol..)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Agreeing with Robert, outside of being mass reported for trains by rival guilds, every "I wasn't cheating!" person has been cheating and I've seen a dozen suspensions/bans probably from it. Some of them range from MQ to EQbot to SEQ (yes, rarely but occasionally they get some one), to the classic /pet attack macro on an unattended character while you sleep. That's the weakest form of cheating, but it's cheating.

For the guy asking about Duo with CLR: Enchanter Cleric will be the most powerful duo possible well until maybe GoD, perhaps even OoW. You've got CH, you've got clarity, you've got slow, you've got haste, you've got CC. Play the Enchanter and CH/Oh Shit Heal with the cleric on off computer and you're set.

I'm on Mangler and stuck it out past LDoN and I've got to say that never really seeing any of this content during my 2004 era EQ days, there really is some cool shit. The raids get hard and with boxes and shit it may be rougher, but the loot gets insane and the AA's make your character actually feel specialized. A Shaman in DoD does what a Shaman in Velious did, but has like 4 options for their utility and much better QoL stuff. Definitely worth keeping on past PoP on at least one server if you've got a guild you like and can do all the content.

• 2Like

yerm

Let me first say that I don't think GMs should enforce anything regarding 3rd party shit on Rizlona, it was supposed to be the Hamsterdam of EQ and that was the draw (at least the way I feel it was presented).

With that out of the way in the 21 years I've played this I've only seen people get erroneously hit by GMs that were doing nothing wrong (at the time) maybe four or five times, the rest maybe all didn't get hit for something they were doing at the time, but they were doing some OTHER shit that justified it. TL (Ragefire) and AoS (phinigel) were some of the first guilds I've been in where it was pretty much out in the open that people were cheating, previously on Live you assumed some people were but it was a don't ask don't tell situation. I've seen a lot of 7 day suspensions for "Cheating" and every one of those people had something in common: they cheated. Maybe they weren't AFK at the time the GM came but they were buying/selling krono on 3rd party sites, actively using SEQ every day, or they were just straight up pieces of shit to people in game.

I think a lot of the recent suspensions are related to what's happening on MMOBugs and potentially ECTunnel PayPal Drama . Every so often DPG/Darkpaw/SOE whatever will do these sting-like operations on the 3rd party sellers and people get a slap on the wrist.

I used to feel this way. I even went as far as to say I don't believe anyone. I think for a long time GMs were slacking on it and trying to avoid losing subscriptions so being TOO cautious and therefore the only time before recently I was likely to believe a dindu nuffin story was if that person had 3 digit krono on the account.

People are getting got from say now and they aren't using shit and they aren't afk, they just don't catch comments in say. I've seen 11 seconds from woebot to dc. The people getting hit aren't doing shady shit.

• 1Seriously?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I used to feel this way. I even went as far as to say I don't believe anyone. I think for a long time GMs were slacking on it and trying to avoid losing subscriptions so being TOO cautious and therefore the only time before recently I was likely to believe a dindu nuffin story was if that person had 3 digit krono on the account.

People are getting got from say now and they aren't using shit and they aren't afk, they just don't catch comments in say. I've seen 11 seconds from woebot to dc. The people getting hit aren't doing shady shit.

Yerm I love you but you also said you didn't see anyone using MQ2 on Selo launch.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Yerm I love you but you also said you didn't see anyone using MQ2 on Selo launch.

I agreed with the mq2 proof posted. I didn't witness any firsthand.

I'll STILL argue that selo launch was the cleanest launch of any tlp. If you could have removed grisvok and mabbu it probably would have been perfect. Naturally, they didn't fuck with me... just mostly you guys...