Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Atibashi said:
Mischief/thornblade definitely didn't live up to the hype in terms of population relative to Aradune/Rizlona launch.

Wrong. Elderan posted average numbers each night and Mischief is even outpacing Mangler currently, and is outpacing Aradune 2:1.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You guys are just going to summon a five paragraph response from him about channel numbers being a terrible metric.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

italica

Trakanon Raider
Wrong. Elderan posted average numbers each night and Mischief is even outpacing Mangler currently, and is outpacing Aradune 2:1.

He also posted that Aradune hit its 3k cap consistently + had queues for the first few days ( think we all know those queues were a problem for more than a few days). Then due to the extreme instability they dropped the cap to 2k for a while in the first 30 days. That forced the population average down on top of people just not wanting to deal with the queues. On what planet is this a relevant comparison?

Aradune has been my first TLP but was there a TLP that didn't have high populations at launch regardless of server issues? I feel like the first couple weeks (possibly months?) are not reliably indicative of long term server populations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He also posted that Aradune hit its 3k cap consistently + had queues for the first few days ( think we all know those queues were a problem for more than a few days). Then due to the extreme instability they dropped the cap to 2k for a while in the first 30 days. That forced the population average down on top of people just not wanting to deal with the queues. On what planet is this a relevant comparison?

Aradune has been my first TLP but was there a TLP that didn't have high populations at launch regardless of server issues? I feel like the first couple weeks (possibly months?) are not reliably indicative of long term server populations.

Of the more recent TLPs the order of highest to lowest average in the first 90 days were Mangler, Agnarr, Aradune, Selo, Coirnav (I intentionally excluded Rizlona which would have been between Aradune and Selo)

Every server gets a boost on expansion releases of course. The new servers get them early so the first 60 days will be skewed some. We will know Mischief and Thornblades real success about 10 weeks in. When Kunark is 6 weeks old and the server is 10 weeks old 2 weeks before velious.

italica

Trakanon Raider
I'd be curious to know if there's a "normal" trend on population drop/gain on any given new era on TLP servers. Like "numbers tend to go down 15% before and then up around 10% at velious launch." That sort of a break down.

I think it's generally understood that population averages on the "current" TLP drop significantly whenever a new TLP launches, which is usually during the PoP era on the current TLP, but what's that look like for the other eras as people come and go normally around all of the Kunark > OOW launches? Dunno if that's particularly useful information but I'd be curious to see it.

Edit:spelling

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I joined Aradune in kunark. So i missed the botched launch. But my impression was you had player numbers drop off late kun + after about a month in vel. Bc there is little to do besides raiding and most groupable gear was becoming near worthless for the latter and the former was suffering classic/kun fatigue.

Luclin and PoP seemed to give the server new life. Tho i really have no idea how the server compares population wise. I dunno how good those comparisons are because of the combo of aggressive AFK kick and by far the most strict truebox implementation.

My impression is at least my guild and the other few i am familiar with did not take as such a hit as i feared. Everyone said they were staying but i never really believed it.

Potime raid was down a few but that was more memorial weekend then new server i think most raid guilds are now mostly people who have really established themselves on a server this old are perhaps not as likely to hop off.

Personally, i quit on pop during live. I really wanna try the GoD and beyond content.

• 1Like

Coka

Golden Squire
You cant check lists for peoples names and it be a legitimate check. Quite a few people that said hey to me on Mischief did not have the same name that they had on Aradune. Some of the people on Aradune I played with even said they wouldnt play Mischief, and they ended up saying Hey to me on Mischief.

There are people tagged as officers in guilds rolling with the same names on Mischief/Thornblade! even some guild leaders!

Ambiturner:

Was more looking for a 5 page explanation on how he doesn't care, but either is acceptable

I like how he speaks as a collective the most. WE this and WE that. Like he's the spokesperson for the brand.

This is him the other day! The WE comes out again. He basically over uses remarks from the 3/4 people who come over to his guild from Rampage because they fell out with Smackage. So! in true Atabishi style! he over inflates this number to MANY. Makes out like dozens have dropped, when they haven't because 95% of Rampage are EU players and not many want to raid at 1-2am....

unknown.png

By the way he's responding to a guy tagged in <Tipsy> and ranting about Rampage?? Like he's in it? /guildstatus bro....

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

He did the same on the forums... his signature is still a Rampage GIF....

NO! You're obsessed!

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
He also posted that Aradune hit its 3k cap consistently + had queues for the first few days ( think we all know those queues were a problem for more than a few days). Then due to the extreme instability they dropped the cap to 2k for a while in the first 30 days.

Elderan Elderan Can you provide a link to any dev or dreamweaver stating this random lowering of a server cap to 2k on Aradune? Also can you provide a link to a dev post or dreamweaver stating the cap was 3k?

A quick history search of Dreamweaver in the official discord as well as Mepps on the official forums, you will find that Dreamweaver in the first few days of Aradune launch stated that Aradune had the same player cap on launch as recent prior TLP's, which he later stated (also in his msg history) to be 3500, not your claimed 3k. A later post by dreamweaver in news and updates states that they increased the player cap to a number they felt safe with but did not believe that it would alleviate the queue problems. Later posts by Mepps states that they increased the population cap multiple times on Aradune in hopes to lower the queue. Multiple posts of general chat numbers around the time of their postings (your favorite metric since you can put your 100 characters in it) led people to believe that the cap had been increased to somewhere around 4500-5k however it was never confirmed by a dev about how high they increased it to. I can not find any post of any dev or dreamweaver stating anything about the Aradune player cap other than that it was increased multiple times from it's original player cap.

The only thing I can find regarding any resemblance of what you stated is Dreamweaver talking about the initial launch day throttling that was only letting so many players in at a time on launch until the 3500 cap was hit, which he later said in his msg history that the launch throttling was over and the player cap was hit. Despite all these server cap increases that Aradune saw that are noted on the forums by the devs, if you go back on the official forums between May 28th through June, you can find people still making posts about 2-4 hour queues during prime time nearly a month after it's launch. Searching through the TEB announcements discord which anyone without priv's can do, you can see announcements as late as June 16th regarding average 4 hour queues, announcements as late as July 2nd regarding queue disputes for raids and announcements as late as July 7th pushing back instance raids to later times due to lag/queues.

Maybe my quick research skills suck, so can you provide where you are getting this information so that I can correct my recollection of launch? Because everything I'm finding says that the player cap was only ever increased, not decreased, and queues lasted for the first month and half which would also disagree with your 1420 player average for the first 60 days of Aradune statement. I'm perfectly willing to accept your claim of a lowering cap to 2k thing if you can give a staff source for this information that states that this happened for a reasonable amount of time, cause like I said all I'm finding is staff sources saying the exact opposite.

Last edited:
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elderan Elderan Can you provide a link to any dev or dreamweaver stating this random lowering of a server cap to 2k on Aradune? Also can you provide a link to a dev post or dreamweaver stating the cap was 3k?

I have stated multiple times all my numbers from all servers come from general channel counts. I do take into consideration when the universal chat service is having issues and exclude those numbers from the averages. General chat channels are not 100% accurate of the counts, but it gives a good idea of the servers numbers for comparison to other servers in the same eras.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have stated multiple times all my numbers from all servers come from general channel counts. I do take into consideration when the universal chat service is having issues and exclude those numbers from the averages. General chat channels are not 100% accurate of the counts, but it gives a good idea of the servers numbers for comparison to other servers in the same eras.

So you concluded based on general channels that the dev's had set aradune at a 2k player cap despite their several posts that they increased it multiple times over the original 3500? Then you also concluded through general channels that despite the multiple raises over the 3500 cap and the queues on Aradune lasting for the first month and a half that some how the average population in the first 2 months was 1420? How would there have been constant queues with that kind of population? I'm only asking for clarification purposes.

The numbers you stated were this:
Mischief has averaged 2800 a night
Thornblade has averaged 1850 a night
Mangler (first 60 days) averaged 2450 a night
Aradune (first 60 days) averaged 1420 a night

So what we know to be true is that Aradune originally had a player cap of 3500, and by Mepps and Dreamweavers own postings it was increased multiple times. For how long those increases were in effect is unknown, but we can somewhat assume it was at least the first couple months judging by the mass historical evidence on the forums of queues lasting for at least a month and half at minimum (i only looked at the original post dates and didn't look at the last reply date in each thread). What we also know to be true is that Mangler, Mischief and Thornblade all had player caps of 3500 and no evidence that those were ever increased temporarily for queue purposes. So knowing all this, you want me to believe that nearly 100 percent of all players on Mischief are in the general channels considering there hasn't been a queue since after the first 24 hours so there is certainly less than 3500 characters on it? But then you also want me to believe that only a quarter of the Aradune population was in the general channels since there was a queue so we know the server was at max capacity? The fact that there were 4 hour queues a month in to the server launch alone proves your numbers to be made up lol cause logically if there is a queue, the server is full.

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you concluded based on general channels that the dev's had set aradune at a 2k player cap despite their several posts that they increased it multiple times over the original 3500? Then you also concluded through general channels that despite the multiple raises over the 3500 cap and the queues on Aradune lasting for the first month and a half that some how the average population in the first 2 months was 1420? How would there have been constant queues with that kind of population?

For most of the first month the cap appeared to be 2k excluding the last week of the month and the first few days. Then during the 2nd month the average per night was around 1100 online. Thats how the 1420 number comes around. I always said its hard to compare Aradune in the beginning because of the extreme stability issues. However Velious and Luclin averages were not even close to Mangler with no stability issues.

Now I personally generally judge the success of a server based on the population during the first month of Planes of Power. Aradune was unfortunate to get the announcement of the new servers before pop even released.

POP Average (first 30 days)
  1. Mangler 2600
  2. Agnarr 1790
  3. Aradune 1180
  4. Coirnav 1090

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
For most of the first month the cap appeared to be 2k excluding the last week of the month and the first few days. Then during the 2nd month the average per night was around 1100 online. Thats how the 1420 number comes around. I always said its hard to compare Aradune in the beginning because of the extreme stability issues. However Velious and Luclin averages were not even close to Mangler with no stability issues.

Now I personally generally judge the success of a server based on the population during the first month of Planes of Power. Aradune was unfortunate to get the announcement of the new servers before pop even released.

POP Average (first 30 days)
  1. Mangler 2600
  2. Agnarr 1790
  3. Aradune 1180
  4. Coirnav 1090

Again like I stated above if your numbers are not made up, how do you get 1420 a night average when there is literally evidence of still having queues every day a month and half in with a temporarily increased player cap server? lol. You're just trolling at this point with the other era numbers. Manglarr/Agnarr/Coirnav had half the amount of guilds as Aradune.

I mean, your post yesterday you said aradune only had a queue for a few days, yet you were complaining about 2 hour queues 3 weeks in to Aradune. You claimed Mangler/Agnarr had 5k player caps and aradune only a 3k player cap that then got lowered to 2k, which we know that all 3 of these servers had 3500 player caps and only aradune was said to have multiple player cap increases past the original 3500. I get it though, you're a 72 box bot farmer and you want to promote the servers in which you farm on as the most populated in order to try and get more people to play on them. You like to use general chat numbers because thats the only thing you can manipulate and can't manipulate number of guilds and their average player base. You couldn't farm on Aradune (or at least you say you didn't farm on Aradune) so you make up these random arbitrary numbers to try and make it look a certain way. I get it.

One of the funniest stories I heard of your general chat numbers manipulation was when you were boasting about Mangler's general chat channel numbers and Authority logged on there and saw that you had all your bots in general channel 6 while 3 4 and 5 were completely empty but you were claiming there was 6 general chat channels lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users