Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Given how many allakhazam posts had things like "I soloed this on my 105 shadowknight, 97 beastlord, and 96 ranger, with 2 mercs, it was easy..." I never believe any of these claims without some evidence anymore. Someone says they soloed it? Screenshot or it didn't happen.

I hate that shit. Anyone remember the Everlore site from back in the day? I used to go on there to look up pictures of NTOV dragons and stuff, see the things I was missing out on because I was stuck at level 56 or whatever I got to in 2001.

Well, every goddamn dragon....EVERY SINGLE ONE...had a bunch of people in the comments section telling all kinds of tall tales. Usually that they soloed it on their druid (it was always a damn druid), or that some crazy thing happened after you defeated the mob, or whatever. Like "I soloed Lord Vyemm in an epic two hour fight, and then a portal appears and it takes you to this zone called Plane of Eternity" is one I remember offhand.

I guess they let anybody submit zones/mobs, because Plane of Eternity actually ended up LISTED ON THE SITE as a real zone, with a bunch of nonexistent dragon bosses like Avatar of Eternity. There was a ton of this tall-tale nonsense surrounding The Sleeper, too. People claiming to have defeated it, or to have seen it pop up in zones after it was awakened, or that there was a secret way to trigger a pocket zone where you'd be sent to fight Kerafyrm in space.

The whole thing was so bizarre.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
TSS Starts opens in under 2 weeks now! Great time to join or come back to Aradune! You get tons of Autogrant (Like 600 when there is like maybe at 1200 at best) and I know some of our members were getting 70 in 9hrs played even before the XP bonus. Not hard to get geared up fast either.

Thats EQ Baby is always looking for new members! Can send tell to OliverCromwell in game (me), or msg me on here. I joined last summer and all the old Toxic people from launch had already left by that point. I wasn't 100% sure when i joined but it really is a very chill guild that is also very competent. We are also super willing to help people improve themselves both mechanically and item wise. Kubat is really a super chill, hardworking, and highly competent leader.

Personally the Xpac launches are what sold me to TEQB. GoD was my first only 2 weeks after i joined TEQB. I had an absolute blast and have continued to love each xpac race since. If you join now you can still get in and participate in launch, We are committed to trying to win each race, and have done so despite the fact guilds like AM and LD3 have over 3x as many members as we do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
TSS is actually a pretty cool expac to level from 1-75 in, there's a mostly linear path to follow, lots of quests to do to gear up along the way.

It also introduces the Emo Drakkin race.

Winter Metal GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Atibishi may have been an idiot, but the leader of Why The Fuss has to be the most obnoxious moron that I've ever had the displeasure of playing with. Beguiled? Something like that.

I thought raid leads like that were just a meme like in that ancient Onyxia many whelps video, but this guy was like a wheezing bubba version of that - I can only imagine that he looks like my profile avatar

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Atibishi may have been an idiot, but the leader of Why The Fuss has to be the most obnoxious moron that I've ever had the displeasure of playing with. Beguiled? Something like that.

I thought raid leads like that were just a meme like in that ancient Onyxia many whelps video, but this guy was like a wheezing bubba version of that - I can only imagine that he looks like my profile avatar
Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

• 1Worf

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

Cool story, thanks for sharing

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Vids or it didn't happen.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Beguiled was the typical antisocial EQ mouth breather on Mangler. Before he did the guild thing he was kind of guy who'd charm gate to sell chokidai prods for two weeks.

I can't believe he actually ended up leading a guild and that people stuck with him.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My one interaction with him was him showing up and trying to killsteal a named I was fighting and then pretending he was camping it all along (despite the mob having been up for minutes before I engaged it). Internet fuckwad type person.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yall just need to have consistency.

Ask him why he doesn't play Ginix or Gheed anymore and then imply that his guild is entirely boxes that he has bought. Do this every time you see him. Last I interacted with him, he's super like Ginix and Gheed and gets HYPER triggered when you insinuate that he's a macroer.

Then again I never had much issue with him, mainly a couple of his members were twatty and would run over you with their train of mobs as they autism to a spawn.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Pretending EQ players wouldn’t join a guild led by the local crackhead.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Pretending EQ players wouldn’t join a guild led by the local crackhead.
Isn't this the ideal guild for the true EQ experience though?

I feel like it isn't EQ unless you have a coked out nutjob running your guild who prioritizes shit entirely wrong on loot, an officer core who does more work on DKP management than Daybreak does on EQ engineering, a few 'class clown' members, an officer simp, a guy or 3 that ends up 'betraying the guild' in some disasterpiece and the 80% of the guild remaining just infights over who has a bigger parse (read: it's the wizards and the monks, and they'll make sure you know.)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Isn't this the ideal guild for the true EQ experience though?

I feel like it isn't EQ unless you have a coked out nutjob running your guild who prioritizes shit entirely wrong on loot, an officer core who does more work on DKP management than Daybreak does on EQ engineering, a few 'class clown' members, an officer simp, a guy or 3 that ends up 'betraying the guild' in some disasterpiece and the 80% of the guild remaining just infights over who has a bigger parse (read: it's the wizards and the monks, and they'll make sure you know.)
I think what you describe is second only to a roleplaying Paladin who tries to cyber all the wood elf females in the guild. At least that’s the truest classic experience in my view.

• 2Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I think what you describe is second only to a roleplaying Paladin who tries to cyber all the wood elf females in the guild. At least that’s the truest classic experience in my view.
Or wood elf fe(males). Can’t trust that voice check anymore bros. Stay safe out there

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Or wood elf fe(males). Can’t trust that voice check anymore bros. Stay safe out there

The most hilarious thing would be wood elf females who try to cyber other wood elf females and are shocked to discover they're both actually dudes.

I have no pics or footage but I'm 100% sure this has happened many times

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The most hilarious thing would be wood elf females who try to cyber other wood elf females and are shocked to discover they're both actually dudes.

I have no pics or footage but I'm 100% sure this has happened many times

"shocked"

• 1Worf