Everspace (Space shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's kind of bullshit that you'll get mission to protect some guy 6km away and he's dead before you've even gone 1km

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its early access, also FTL can give you a random zone you just have to leave given the state of your stuff and the nature of the random. Also, the zone quests are still very light and very random. The lore, randomized zone quests, I'm sure will be more common and more fleshed out by launch, if not I agree that when they do show up if you can't complete them it sucks. But I think I've seen only 1 of those quests in quite a few runs.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Has potential.

A bit too arcadey for my tastes, but whatever.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
It's kind of bullshit that you'll get mission to protect some guy 6km away and he's dead before you've even gone 1km

The shock rifle helps immensely with this problem. ~3600m range and decent damage. Not to mention one shotting the drones is pretty satisfying.

That said, there are instances that you just can't avoid sometimes.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I love the shock rifle and sniping them from so far away. Honestly most of the weapons I like, but mostly use the beam laser or fusion gun. It has a nice spread and does decent shield / hull damage. Made some good progress this morning and had a few 40 minute runs netting good cash, new blueprints, and good fights. Ran in to an elite drone ship that didn't do anything until I got to ~900m away then launched like 20 drones at once.

Mostly focusing on interceptor skills although my very first investments were in the +% credits since I figured getting them earlier increases the payout over the long term.

Still really terrible at using consumables but a few devices are great. The mainframe hacking one is fun. Extra energy, adaptive hull plating, etc... all seem good.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
You almost have to treat intense fights like a turn based game. The consumables really make a difference.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Always go harder once you get the hang of it. Some fun fights and decent loot to be had in the harder zones.

The only time I bothered with sector 7 all the generators were accessible, albeit 20 clicks apart and guarded by a named fighter that would warp off when close to death. Nothing really too hard about it in the interceptor, but I could see the solar storm or lightning being an issue in the big ship that has no shields.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Tried the gunship for a few runs, and man the starting ship just feels so much better. It's like flying a school bus, ugh. No shields adds up by the end of the run too

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have a challenge thing for "Destroy all of a Freighter's containers before it explodes"

What is this exactly? Do I just have to destroy all the cointainers on one of the G&B things?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
A bit of an update, just lifted from the post in the quote.

Derelict Colonial station wrecks: You will be able to explore the large wrecks of Colonial stations. Some security mechanisms like turrets, laser barriers, sentry drones, and secure doors are still intact. There may also be dangerous plasma discharges that will harm your ship and push it away. As you might have expected, there is a new type of precious loot hidden inside these wrecks...

Enhancements: Enhancements can be found in Colonial station wrecks, and work like runes that can be equipped before a run. Some give small bonuses to various ship stats, while others can change the playing style completely and have both positive and negative effects, e.g. “All enemies and loot are visible on the radar, but alien forces and warships arrive twice as early.”

Ship Colors: Ship colors can be collected just like blueprints by shooting down powerful enemies. Colors can be applied to any ship in the hangar, and you can change the look of the ship’s body and markings. The more colors collected, the more variations possible.

Alternative loadouts: Can be unlocked for each ship by reaching new sectors. There are two additional loadouts for each ship to unlock, changing the starting equipment drastically and thus allowing new playing styles, especially in the beginning of a run.

Gunship balancing: The Front Shield Generator is now available and even exclusive for the Gunship. Furthermore, its armor and energy core recharge rate was increased and a new device slot was added.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked the game plenty as it was when it went into EA (I had kickstarted it so was pleasantly surprised to get to play it already), but yea I'm holding off playing much until it's more finished, just because it feels kind of grindy and I'd rather wait until that fully pays out.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The next patch for this game looks good, but it's so far behind schedule. I've been trying to wait to play more for the patch, but blah

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Patch on steam. Check out my steam controller profile, It is a faithful mouse and keyboard map with no drift in the haptic controls. Highly recommend if you snag the game.

Update 0.4.2.30747
MARCH 10 - ROCKFISH GAMES
We've just released a new update. Highlights include enhancements that can be equipped in the hangar, derelict colonial stations, ship color customization and alternative loadouts.

See the complete list of changes below. Please note that Drone Overrides won't work in this version.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer this update on Mac due to several severe issues that popped up after migrating to Unreal Engine version 4.14. We're still working on solutions, but chances are high that we will have to wait for a new Unreal Engine version before we can release the update on Mac.

New Features

• Added enhancements that can be equipped in the hangar
  • Added new points of interest: Derelict Colonial stations
  • Added player ship colors: Some are unlocked from the start, more can be collected during runs
  • Added alternative ship loadouts
  • Replaced voice actor for protagonist
  • Added new consumable: Distress Beacon
  • Added new consumable: Nano Extractor
  • Added new consumable: Sensor Drone
  • Added new challenge "Survive a Warship attack"
  • Added 1st person view without cockpit
  • The three most crafted blueprints in the current run will now be listed at the top of each crafting list

Tweaks

• Reworked Colonial Interceptor model and cockpit
  • Consumables will now be activated after holding down the button for a short time to prevent accidental activation
  • All device Sub-Routines have been turned into enhancements. Players who had any of these blueprints unlocked will automatically unlock the respective enhancements.
  • The Devastator Sub-Routine Enhancement is now Gunship-exclusive
  • Shield Disruptor is now Interceptor-exclusive
  • Energy Discharger can now also be used on the Interceptor
  • Front Shield Generator can now be used on the Gunship and is even Gunship exclusive
  • Increased Gunship armor by 10%
  • Added and additional device slot for Gunship
  • Increased Gunship energy core recharge rate and added a few perk levels
  • Drones will now always travel with you, the ability is not Gunship exclusive anymore.
  • Added a level to the Gunship's drones perk theat regenerates hull of drones after jumping.
  • Increased distance of deployed drones to player ships
  • All sorts of Okkars, not only Interceptors can jump in before the Warships arrive
  • Okkar Interceptors are now a common, though rare, enemy in later sectors
  • The effects of previous perk levels are now displayed for perks that have unique descriptions per level
  • Hull repairs at service stations are now limited but can be increased with the trading perk
  • Enhanced turrets can now be found
  • Increased energy allocations of Mk2/Mk3 Shields and Adaptive Armor
  • Removed cooldown for Missile Defense Systems
  • Energy Discharger now won't damage friendly units
  • Don't deal or receive damage when colliding with friendly units
  • Outlaw Drone carrier will now only re-override its own link drones if they got overridden, not all player drones
  • Time Extenders will now leave the player ship unaffected while active
  • Freighter in generic repair mission will now ask for all kinds of resources, not only nano-bots
  • Sensors now need crystals instead of processors to repair which makes finding the needed resources easier without radar
  • Reduced sensor damage radar impairment
  • Show amount of deployed drones in HUD
  • Only show "New ship available" message once
  • Added new message when unlocking Enhancements, Colors, Loadouts and Blueprints
  • Yellow marker colors are now only used for neutral units. Pickups, asteroids and other objects are now drawn in light blue.
  • Added jump suppressor markers
  • Added service station marker
  • Traders will sometimes offer Access Keys
  • Added Access Keys to Bonus Gear Offers
  • Increased alert log font size
  • Removed challenge "Kill 5 Okkar Interceptors in a single run"
  • Added possbility to remap "P" key for opening the system menu
  • Thermo Gun II will now fire bursts rather than bundles of projectiles
  • Tweaked skybox generation to allow for more variation

Bugfixes
  • Fixed generic minefield mission automatically succeeding
  • Fixed player deploy drones not having shields when respective perk level was reached
  • Fixed some loot being spawned way outside of level bounds
  • Fixed a bug where the game would hang when the last secondary weapon of a slot was fired while the others were set to "skip when switching"
  • Fixed turrets of Okkar Corvette and G&B Fighter not turning friendly if ship's mainframe gets overridden
  • Fixed camera stuttering when flying in third person
  • Fixed codex screen in hangar being unresponsive when using controller
  • Fixed a bug where game could freeze when firing last secondary weapon of a kind
  • Fixed a bug where drone carriers could be mainframe overridden
  • Fixed black hole alert sounds and lightning sound not being affected by volume settings
  • Fixed a bug when trying to collect previously excess nano bots after crafting nano injectors
  • Fixed Okkar Swarm Fighters speaking with Outlaw voices
  • Fixed ships not colliding with crystals
icon_rate.png

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Pretty epic corvette + experience just 2 sectors into the new patch. This game is gonna be amazing in a little while

About 15 okkar ships warped in including 3 warships and a beacon so i couldn't leave....Then the biggest ship I've seen in game showed up...no idea what happens next. I believe it is a colonial transport and I must incite a space battle.

I am now hiding between the engines of this gigantic ship deciding what to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
New patch. Early Access supposed to end in May.

Update 0.7.1.31567
APRIL 13 - ROCKFISH GAMES
We've just released a new update. Highlights include functional cockpit displays and the addition of a mysterious alien race, referred to as "The Ancients".

You can see the complete list of changes below.

We're able to offer this update on Mac as well, however with a slight delay of about 8 hours as something went wrong during build process. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 0.5 and 0.6 fell off the back of a gigantic space truck, if you're wondering. Kidding aside, a lot of comments indicated that version numbers were often being associated with completion percentage (though they're really just numbers to us), so we've decided to play along and go with version 0.7 - as the inclusion of the functional cockpits, the Glyphs and the Ancients are all big additions and we're fast-approaching full release.

New Features
  • Added mysterious alien race, referred to as "The Ancients"
  • Added ancient structures, which work as shortcuts
  • Added Glyphs, the second kind of Enhancements
  • Added functional, animated cockpit displays for all player ships
  • Added option to hide HUD in cockpit view
  • Added new device: Missile Turret

Tweaks
  • Tweaked derelict colonial stations to get better performance and avoid crashes
  • Containers carried by freighters now have individual looks (Credits, equipment, fuel...)
  • New animated Jump Suppressor Mesh
  • Reworked Missile Defense System to have an active duration rather than requiring manual activation
  • Prolong time until Okkar forces arrive after alert is shown and don't let them have jump suppressors
  • Removed Collision Damage subroutine and added it as positive effect for Infinite Drift subroutine
  • Changed sensory overload subroutine so that hull and shield bars are not shown anymore instead of okkar forces arriving earlier
  • Further decreased inertia dampening for Infinite Drift subroutine
  • Changed weapon names and descriptions of all primary weapons that had a 'II' suffix
  • Renamed a few subroutines
  • Okkar forces and Colonial warships now won't be able to track you down in cloud field locations
  • Shields now start with 0 hp and immediately regenerate when picked up
  • Increased Plasma Mine life time and prevent triggering by user
  • Increased Front Shield Generator cooldown duration
  • Increased Time Extender cooldown duration and decreased Mk2 & Mk3 effect duration
  • Increased Beam Laser II charge duration
  • Let pursuing Okkar forces drop inferior loot with a tendency towards fuel
  • List backer names in credits
  • Use backer-penned names for players and most wanted criminals
  • Included backer corporation names in codex and equipment descriptions
  • Reduced Scout hitpoints - starts with 250 (instead of 300) and can only go up to 355 with hull hitpoints perk now
  • Reduced colonial station laser trap hull damage
  • Forcefield generators are no longer affected by area damage
  • Optimized overall performance
  • Some minor UI changes
  • Tweaked color grading to work better in some environments
  • Outlaw Chief is now called Outlaw Bomber

Bugfixes
  • Fixed Drone Override that was not working
  • Fixed bug where the Shield Booster would actually increase the Shut Down Duration and Recharge Delay instead of decreasing it
  • Fixed some dialogs not being spoken and not being affected by voice volume change
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to navigate out of the item action box with in equipment screen
  • Fixed a bug where the game crashed when looting devices with installed mods from your old shipwreck
  • Fixed Grey Goo not spawning
  • Fixed subroutine spawner not disappearing if all subroutines have been collected
  • Fixed subroutine Beeline not removing homing ability from player's missiles
  • Fixed subroutine Jump Repairs not restoring the correct amount of health
  • Fixed not being able to scroll perk description box with right stick
  • Fixed some perk values falsely rounded to integer values
  • Fixed deadlock when pressing tab before selecting jump destination
  • Fixed freighter wrecks not being affected by scanning
  • Fixed crafting list focus jumping between entries while crafting multiple items
  • Fixed weapon charge sound still playing when switching weapons while charging