F1 2014 Season

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Well that was a crappy ending. I wanted Lewis to win and all, but shame it was a failure.

I can't believe there's talk of Button getting the boot from Mclaren. They are nuts if they get rid of him.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The wait on mclaren's drivers is getting silly. They are in a shitty situation, but I don't know why they are delaying now.
Sounds like intense power struggle with the Arabs over team direction. Not sure why Button is being such a pussy over this; especially since every penny he takes in a pay cut goes straight to building Alonzo a new portrait to sit under at races.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still trying to figure out if Ron Dennis is now majority owner? Also, holy fuck has Ferrari cleaned house!

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, and why the hell did those thieving faggots dump the Red Bull trophies in a goddamn lake? WTF?

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
70 DAYS TO GO, LADIES!

02aus53.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm moving relatively close to the track outside of Austin. Anyone ever been and was it worth it? Not a huge F1 fan but have been a racing fan all my life. Better to just watch it on TV?

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm moving relatively close to the track outside of Austin. Anyone ever been and was it worth it? Not a huge F1 fan but have been a racing fan all my life. Better to just watch it on TV?
I went two years ago and was pretty impressed. Although it was hella expensive and the place was crawling with what appeared to be Mexicans that burst over the border just long enough to protest loudly about Mclaren firing Perez just before the race. Somehow it was racist? Dumb shirtless fuckers.

I was surprised at the crowds too -they were huge- considering there was a U of T home game that weekend, and a gathering of Deliverance cast members in Fort Worth for NASCAR as well.

I'd definitley go again if i could, but keep in mind the cars sound gay this year.

Feien

Ploppers
Been there the past 3 years. Like mentioned it's helluva expensive if you want a decent seat. And yes, most of the audience are Mexicans, since Mexico is a big fan of F1 racing, but I never saw the protests or anything like what's mentioned on the racist post above.

However, this year things might change a bit since there will be a race in Mexico City this year, so I'm guessing a lot of the people that travel to Houston will travel to the city instead. This might also bring the prices down I hope, because it was getting ridiculous. All in all, I love going, but if the prices don't go down I might just stay and watch it on TV this time around.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I went to the motoGP weekend there either last year or I think the year before. I was impressed but that's the only racetrack I've been to. We had the cheap seats so wandered around a bunch hunting a good spot.

I'd have enjoyed it more if I had gotten any sleep that weekend. The hotel room we were in must have had agitated wild beasts above us. Or a never-ending wrestling match. By the end of Sunday I was miserable.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hmm very grim first day of testing unless you are a mercedes fan. It is early but the car looks bulletproof and quick. The other teams had the usual first day gremlins.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I went to the motoGP weekend there either last year or I think the year before. I was impressed but that's the only racetrack I've been to. We had the cheap seats so wandered around a bunch hunting a good spot.

I'd have enjoyed it more if I had gotten any sleep that weekend. The hotel room we were in must have had agitated wild beasts above us. Or a never-ending wrestling match. By the end of Sunday I was miserable.
I may go to the MotoGP race and see what's up. After 3 weeks I average seeing one Mexican a day at most...and I haven't seen one black person since I got here. I'm sure at the F1 race they are thick.

Guy at work said they rented their house for the F1 race and went on vacation. I think he said they got $4,500 for the week for it.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm very grim first day of testing unless you are a mercedes fan. It is early but the car looks bulletproof and quick. The other teams had the usual first day gremlins.
Yeah, they fire it up and Rosberg runs 150+ laps. Ouch. Gotta hurt if you are every, other, team.