F1 2015 Season

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that's interesting. Everyone should use them except Marquez!

I use usenet to get my goodies. Sometimes prompt, sometimes takes 2 or 3 days.

BTW, motogp bikes are starting to experiment with aero. They are really fast machines but they can't brake very good at all. I could see them really cutting their braking distance if they sink a few hundred mil into wind tunnel / cfd.

Ducati started it at the beginning of the season, now Yamaha are trying it:
rrr_img_109563.jpg

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm... this one could actually be interesting!

Results after FP3

1. Vettel...........145.682
2. Raikkonen....146.132
3. Kvyat............146.167
4. Ricciardo......146.359
5. Hamilton.......146.802
6. Rosberg........147.223
7. Alonzo..........147.237 WTF?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Looking likely. I fell asleep during the race. I thought it would be interesting having someone new in the lead, but it just reminded me of the 3 seasons of the finger (or is it 4?).

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup... snore fest.

And it was four years of the finger. Four long years. Although I have to admit I'm liking Seb a LOT more with each passing day at Ferrari.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, Red Bull is looking like they won't have an engine supplier at all next year. Interesting and really hard to imaging losing two teams just like that. But they've totally painted themselves into a corner on this one, pissing off Renault, Ferrari and Mercedes.

They could be really and truly fucked at the end of the season.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots more talk re: Jenson and Fernando both walking away from McLaren at the end of the season. Ron Dennis pays Button's salary and the year two option makes it doable for Jenson to walk regardless of if they want him to stay. Honda pays Alonzo's salary and he lacks a year-two performance exit clause, but read he's negotiating around McLaren through Honda to get the fuck out asap.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And it's official - Sauber and Force India have filed the threatened paperwork with the EU over how money is paid out to the teams. The EU said there'd be a full-on investigation of illegal cartel behaviour if teams actually filed suit, but Bernie said they were bluffing and walked out of last negotiations telling smaller teams to fuck off if they didn't like the way the game was played.

Seems to be linked to Renault deal for Lotus, with Renault demanding historic lump sum payments for their past involvement. Like the 100,000,000 or so Ferrari get on day one each season just for showing up.

If Renault got something, further leaving other teams like Sauber and Force India without yet again, could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that was a somewhat better race than that gay shit at Singapore but not in the same class as Suzuka. Poor Nico. I mean, a gas pedal in a ?5,000,000 car? Really? Oh well.

Kimi lost his head and wrecked fellow Finn Bottas' race on the last lap. I've seen a couple different angles and there's really no way around it. He pooched that.

Funny at the end when Vettel was giving out Lewis' room number to the grid girls.

2D5006E400000578-3268545-image-a-1_1444635826963.jpg

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, now even Adrian Newey saying Red Bull is completely fucked for next year. He blamed everyone but them of course, but it still means no Red Bull or Toro Ross next year as it stands now. Red Bull confirmed today that Toro Rosso cannot make their own engine deals. So if one team out then both teams are out. Wonder what will happen?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Brundle's interview with Bernie was interesting. Almost sounded like an outsider would come in and provide an engine, but I don't think there's enough time. Maybe Porsche or Audi or someone else had already started working on one in secret?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Audi and Porsche are too busy dominating the WEC. The engineering they put into their WEC cars trickles down to their road cars as well. F1 doesn't really offer that quite as much any longer.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that's interesting. Everyone should use them except Marquez!
I'm all caught up on MotoGP now, I don't get it either Marquez dominates a race or he sucks, very little middle ground. Do they deny him the good coke in some countries or what?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Kimi lost his head and wrecked fellow Finn Bottas' race on the last lap. I've seen a couple different angles and there's really no way around it. He pooched that.
Lol its hard to even call that a pass attempt. That was a gran turismo-style punt. He nosed into Bottas' rear wheel well before the apex. Amateur move at best, intentional at worst.