Faceless - Recruiting for Selo Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
72 people can zerg just about anything with halfway decent raid leadership. So really the only major constraint on your ability to progress is time (or your benefit package). It would be impressive if, instead of recruiting a pile of bodies for Selos, you recruited a select or exclusive 48 and still finished first.

And in two weeks your body of 48 is down to 20. Even if when you recruit 100+, you are down to less then 72 in just a couple weeks and you fight forever after that to continually keep numbers afloat. IT's better to recruit as many as you can then just do splits if you happen to get a lot on for a raid. Churn rate is ridiculous on these servers.

Also for batphones, you can have 100 active members and only 30 will login for it. If you had only 48 you might get 15 etc.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
72 people can zerg just about anything with halfway decent raid leadership. So really the only major constraint on your ability to progress is time (or your benefit package). It would be impressive if, instead of recruiting a pile of bodies for Selos, you recruited a select or exclusive 48 and still finished first.

That's not how it works. Having 72 means when we do primetime instances we split our raid into two 36's or three 24 man raids and triple our loot. It also means that we can pursue targets 24/7 in open world, whenever they spawn. If you've got 30 players and half up them don't show up at 4am you probably aren't killing anything. If you've got 72 and half don't show up you're fine.

Plus, attrition is much greater on TLP servers than back on live so maintaining a large roster provides you with the flexibility you need to continue raiding long term.If you look at the guilds that died near the end of the old TLP's, or even guilds on current TLP's it usually not the content but their own membership count that bottlenecks them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You got Crohn's or something? We sit in ergonomic Gaming chairs and use large Gatorade bottles for bodily functions like civilized people.

powerade bottles have a slightly wider mouth, us Faceless guys obviously all have bigger dicks than average, the extra space is appreciated

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What classes are you going to be low in ?

I planned on doing another chanter main / druid box combo, but I'm open to new stuffs.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What classes are you going to be low in ?

I planned on doing another chanter main / druid box combo, but I'm open to new stuffs.

Honestly we aren't low in anything atm. Best bet is to play what you like or whats best in a static group.

2u84q7.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Thrilled to be here splurting with you guys.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Meech

Molten Core Raider
Cancerous in the OW targets early on. I mean I do love it though.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Join Faceless! We're such big EQ nerds that if you walk away from Discord for a hour you'll want to read the backlog but it'll be practically impossible! So much hype for Selo!

• 2Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Join Faceless! We're such big EQ nerds that if you walk away from Discord for a hour you'll want to read the backlog but it'll be practically impossible! So much hype for Selo!

I just finished reading the backlog, for an hour, from 2 days ago. Wooooo

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
edit -- whoops, thought this was the Selo general thread not the Faceless thread, my bad

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
We announced our DKP system for Selo last night and have been answering questions regarding it all day. Basically set item priced hourly DKP. Over 700 items from Velious and Luclin were hand priced to start our system off.

Join the guild that is known for it's organization and spreadsheets!

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That is appealing. On a dating website one time, I wrote "I'm into stats, lists, and organizing." Somehow I didn't end up an incel.

• 2Like