Fall 2013 Anime Thread

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The TTGL movie-ending is actually a bit better than the TV series ending. It goes into a little more depth of what Simon does at the end.
I will have to check it out summary movie then or movies. I usually avoid them unless a little over a decade passes and far better animation (e.g. new eva movies) because usually they are usually less in depth and often the plot feels rushed. Is it something related to Simon realizing his part in the battle is done and the whole government shtick is not his thing?

Edit: Nevermind you shouldn't answer that! I'm going to watch it soon!

Sean_sl

shitlord
I will have to check it out summary movie then or movies. I usually avoid them unless a little over a decade passes and far better animation (e.g. new eva that is still not done yet) because usually they are less in depth. Is it something related to Simon realizing his part in the battle is done and the whole government shtick is not his thing?
It's more of what he does for Nia at the very end, the very last minutes of the movie, it's very bitter-sweet and a pretty huge gesture.

The second TTGL movie is really awesome, it actually made the final battle even more epic and even crazier (which I did not think possible). Anyone who hasn't watched it should. It's a better take on the second half of the series than the TV version was, imo.

The first movie didn't feel as impactful as the TV series though and is actually kinda meh. It really rushes through the pre-timeskip part and I don't care for it at all.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Log horizon was absolutely amazing to me. I liked how Henrietta was able to make Shiroe dance using her music abilities. Want to see how she handles a fight so bad.. Having the younger ones go to a lower level newb zone reminded me of a lot of pickup groups I've been in over the years in MMO's hah, especially when they had to run for the zone line cause they took on more than they could chew. I will say however that the samurai tank needs to learn his class.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
2 weeks and no Ippo
frown.png
Ippo is on break until dec 28th...

List of Hajime no Ippo episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh - i personally find HxH amazing and to call it a DBZ rip off is pretty short sighted - Have you considered the amount of thought that went into the mechanics surrounding the powers alone? The abilities used in HxH are far more thought out that any other anime to date. I agree the king looks alot like Cell and the show itself has a bit of a dbz feel much like every dam anime w/ powering up etc but its far more fleshed out.

The only thing that sucks is that after this arc there is nothing else left even in the manga really.
They need to put together a good team of writers to continue the story in anime form, since it seems like the manga author isn't going to write much more. The last chapter was published a year ago.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They need to put together a good team of writers to continue the story in anime form, since it seems like the manga author isn't going to write much more. The last chapter was published a year ago.
Yeah no fuckin clue whats going on there - Tho dude is pretty old, and hes also an editor @ jump? Maybe hes just tired.

Kaio

Real talk - are there any deep fantasy stories ive missed with immersive worlds like Berserk, Guim, or Lodoss wars? When i compare the old fab to the new shit its just not comparable, or is it just that no one does deep fantasy like that anymore?
Not that your opinion really matters any more to me (TTGL is the pinnacle of all anime previous decade, unless your a robot they wouldn't be able to connect with human emotions) but how do you even compare Berserk, Lodoss Wars, and Guin? Out of those the only one I'd say was truly deep was Guin saga. The others have had decent plots and Berserk is of epic length but I'm deep is not the word I would use for it. I'm not sure what the ratings for Guin saga were but they definitely have enough written material from 130 goddamn novels from over nearly 30 years by the original author before she died. It's going to continue again for those that are interested by a new author. I have no clue who the new author is so hopefully they can give decent closure.

Lodoss Wars anime's were also great (haven't read the graphic novels) but again they are as deep as RA Salvatore forgotten realms books in comparison to GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire. Frankly, the depth does not even come close to Guin Saga.

Kaio

Well considering what happened pre Kurapika side story perhaps that is how the Manga author wanted to end it but because of company pressure was not allowed to make it a true ending.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Hmm Blazblue, Copellion, and Gallilei Donna all half a season animes.

Blazblue I feel should have been longer. It left alot of things unexplained and alot of questions unanswered. It felt rushed, with no real epic fights and no real conclusion. Could have been a great anime to bring people into the game world but fell short.

Copellion had an interesting story and wouldnt mind seeing more of the world. Hopefully they will come out with another season showing more of the students along the way and explaining how the trajedy happened in Tokyo in the first place as well as how the creation of Copellion came about.

Gallilei Donna had an interesting story set in an interesting world. I feel like the anime could have used one or two more episodes to really finish up the story and show what happened to the world after but overall it was pretty good. Wouldnt mind seeing a show with the air pirates though. They were pretty good.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Not that your opinion really matters any more to me (TTGL is the pinnacle of all anime previous decade, unless your a robot they wouldn't be able to connect with human emotions) but how do you even compare Berserk, Lodoss Wars, and Guin? Out of those the only one I'd say was truly deep was Guin saga. The others have had decent plots and Berserk is of epic length but I'm deep is not the word I would use for it. I'm not sure what the ratings for Guin saga were but they definitely have enough written material from 130 goddamn novels from over nearly 30 years by the original author before she died.
Comparing to the majority of popular fantasy based material in the past decade or so, I think they definitely can belong in the same category. And how you can't see Berserk as deep is beyond me. I've seen the anime multiple times over the years and am reading the manga now, and the characters alone certainly have more depth than anything I've ever seen/read before, much moreso than most stuff out there today. Berserk is probably the deepest and darkest you can get as far as fantasy goes. One of the very few reminders that anime was once respected as a medium for adults as well as kids.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Lodoss Wars anime's were also great (haven't read the graphic novels) but again they are as deep as RA Salvatore forgotten realms books in comparison to GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire. Frankly, the depth does not even come close to Guin Saga.
I preferred Slayers to Lodoss War anyway - Lodoss is what a DMthinkstheir D&D campaign is going to be like, Slayers is usually what itactuallyends up like.
biggrin.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not that your opinion really matters any more to me (TTGL is the pinnacle of all anime previous decade, unless your a robot they wouldn't be able to connect with human emotions) but how do you even compare Berserk, Lodoss Wars, and Guin? Out of those the only one I'd say was truly deep was Guin saga. The others have had decent plots and Berserk is of epic length but I'm deep is not the word I would use for it. I'm not sure what the ratings for Guin saga were but they definitely have enough written material from 130 goddamn novels from over nearly 30 years by the original author before she died. It's going to continue again for those that are interested by a new author. I have no clue who the new author is so hopefully they can give decent closure.

Yeah preference is something some people just dont grasp in this world apparently. I rather deep rich fantasy over all else so TTGL just doesnt do it for me. Quit your bitching i atleast watched it all, and the movie - its just not high on a pedestal for me.

PS.[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */guys and Slayers.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Caught up to ep 11 of Samurai Flamenco. I did not know that it was possible for a show to jump the shark multiple fucking times.