Fall 2013 Anime Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
year is almost at an end, gonna vote log horizon and shingeki no kyojin as must watch 2013, tho i think my votes are invalid (log horizon isn't over yet, but been going really strong and i've only watched shingeki to eps 8, but read the manga beforehand)

any others? so maybe ppl can get their anime fix for the long thx giving/xmas weekends.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Winter 2013 started with more Magi and Blast of Tempest
Spring 2013 would have Hataraku Maou-sama!, Shingeki no Kyojin
Summer 2013 brought us more Monogatari and a lot of decent niche shows that couldn't win the overall
Fall 2013 hits it up with Log Horizon, more Magi and a bunch more quality niche shows

Overall it wasn't a bad year, in fact it looks absolutely stellar compared to the abysmal Winter 2014 lineup

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Tempest was awesome, and Psycho pass was this year too no? So much good shit in 2013.

Malakriss

As much as I would love to see Lelouch trapped inside an MMO and totally dominate everything, Shiroe doesn't come close.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i wonder if this is because SAO, focused exclusively on kirito, while log horizon (so far) is giving us the world of log horizon. or maybe because we saw kirito grow, where everyone starts at zero vs. shiroe who is a legend.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
HxH managed to not show much at all while keeping the intensity high during the whole episode this week. Can't wait for everyone to start converging.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, she was downright adorable.

As usual, the after-credits choice is downright awesome. Laughed pretty damn hard at that one.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kill la Kill's logic is superb. "If he can transform twice, then I can too!"

Malakriss

GitS Arise 2 was superb, but I dislike that it makes the old poker story episode a bluff and not real back story.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I'm confident we're going to see a paradigm shift of some sort in Kill la Kill after the next few episodes (once all the members have been defeated), similar to that of TTGL with the generals and the Spiral King. There's a lot more thematic depth to this show than the crazy art and action will let you believe, and not just a bunch of fanservice thrown in for kicks. One of the reasons TTGL was genius for me.