Fall 2013 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lina you have shamed me!!! How can you support american voices in anime?!?!!?!?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
1 (full) episode watched and 'Strike the Blood'>Diabolik Lovers.

However, Attack on Titan still beckons me... I am already going over it trying to figure out who will do the English voice overs.

I am sure everyone here skips those, but fuck you!

I support America! I go see those VA's live when I can!

frown.png

Lina_sl

shitlord
Bros, some days I don't feel like reading subtitles when I have the option.

Sometimes, the voice actors do not suck either.

Yeah, some of the Funimation people get used over and over and they can suck(the dude who did Sgt. Frog's voice comes to mind.)

It's just interesting to speculate who will be voicing this new crop of series to me.

I know some of them are predictable and I expect to see the same Funimation circle jerk/casting couch/it's cost efficient reasoning thing, but eh, if this is not the case with at least one new series I like, I will be happy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'd vote Laura Bailey & Troy Baker somewhere in that cast, just because they're in everything these days, for good reason.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot get over just how awesome Crunchy Roll is. So sweet, load it up on the PS4 and watch anime in perfect quality instantly. It also helps they have a few badass shows in their back catalog like Gurren Langann.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Doesn't that require premium? I saw that too and was tempted... but instantly turned off by paying for it. If i enjoyed more anime it would be a no brainer.. but my like for anime starts and pretty much stops at Gundam and a small handful of a few others lol

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Doesn't that require premium? I saw that too and was tempted... but instantly turned off by paying for it. If i enjoyed more anime it would be a no brainer.. but my like for anime starts and pretty much stops at Gundam and a small handful of a few others lol
Same thing I thought. But I just use the premium TO enjoy more anime! It's nice not having to worry about streaming and quality.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same thing I thought. But I just use the premium TO enjoy more anime! It's nice not having to worry about streaming and quality.
Basically this. $7 really is nothing for HD streams to my TV for the current shows I enjoy plus all the shows I am just now discovering. Attack on Titan in 1080 was worth way more than $7.

Lina_sl

shitlord
Crunchy Roll is indeed great.

These days, I eat animation like I do potatoes, so they can come in subs/dubs/whatevs.

And Kill La Kill is something else!

I have no watch list but that thing is...

<Back to Titans>

Needless

Toe Sucker
I thought it was like $14.99/month.. I can see $7 being feasible even for a month or two once i watch the few shows i'd be interested in lol

Sean_sl

shitlord
This week's ep of Golden Time was awesome. Koko ftw. Also good job on Banri on trying to tell his old self to fuck off.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The lack of Kill La Kill in everyone's watchlists is saddening.
Really, I thought nearly everyone here was watching it. The fan service is next-gen and it's a great anime no doubt but I hear some people talking about it topping tengen toppa gurren lagann. We are already 12 episodes in and it's a few levels of epic below so if your expectations are that high it's not going to meet it. With that said, it's still a must see for this season.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I've only watched up to ep 5 of Kill la Kill, but I have the rest downloaded. Going to binge watch them soon.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kill la Kill suffers in the character development department, but it does the battle episodes very well. I just give two shits about most of them.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wry is it taking so long for someone to sub the final Gintama movie? Arghhhhh, it's the end of it all and I'm ready to get these feels over with.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Eh... TTGL didn't get truly epic until about 10 or so episodes in anyway so I have high hopes for Kill La Kill. I have a feeling we're going to get some good "nope, that wasn't the higher fighting power Ryuko needed to beat after all, here's Mothbuster, king of the giant clothes eating moth race that has enslaved all of human kind by forcing them to wear the ultimate food onesies!"