Fall 2014 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Where are you catching Psycho Pass? I just watched season 1 on Netflix last week. Top notch awesomeness there.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Is there anyone here that doesn't know about nyaa yet ? (google it, should be the first link).

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bit dated graphic/animation wise (specially compared to ubw), but yeah its good, and story is defo different than ubw ( begginning is pretty much the same tho, first couple of episodes). Id go with fate zero if u havent seen it yet (i suppose u following ubw atm?), it has tons of good characters (well rider is the best
tongue.png
) and time wise is set before stay night/zero.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
ubw is unlimited blade work, which is the version of Fate stay/night that is airing right now ( there is also a movie, havent seen it, but story is bit different). Stay night focus mostly on saber and his master, the first couple of episode are the same as ubw, but then ubw goes by its own alternate version.

Fate zero focus on the previous holy grail war, that had as partecipants tohaaka's father, emiya's father, kotomine and others, with different heroes except for some. Fate stay night is the oldest of the bunch, zero came after even if its a prequel, then ubw movie and now ubw version of stay night. You should really check out zero, cause it help understand alot of what is going on (and why) in stay night or ubw version (plus u get background of various families history etc, plus u get iskander!).

velk

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea what ubw is. Fate/Zero is before?
UBW is Unlimited Blade Works - the series that is airing right now, it's a different version of the story from the original Fate/Stay series, which was on years ago. Fate/Zero is a prequel to both of them, and is far more adult in tone, and, in my opinion, much better than either of the others.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The story arc goes as follows: 1.) Fate/stay Night 2.) Fate/Zero 3.) Fate/stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works.

However, Fate/Zero is the slowest of the arcs so people suggest watching that first. I did, and I'm glad that I did. Going from FSN to FZ would have been enough to turn me off of the series.
That said, FZ was entertaining in its own right, but it definitely took a few episodes to really get me into the series. However, FSN kind of gives you the groundwork of this is the series and this is what it represents.
FZ focuses more on the individual characters and their avatars. It's interesting but a lot slower than the first series.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
FN1 was kind of corny, Shirou takes the series through a romcom-ish ride. FZ is good because its adults doing adult things and the gloves are off. I think they saw the success of FZ and applied that to UBW, which is turning out nicely. No one wants to see Shirou babble on for episodes about his hero bullshit.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ok, so I'm thinking Fate/Zero first, skip FSN, and then straight to UBW.
That is the route I would recommend, in 2006 when the original Fate Stay Night was released rom-com dominated the anime scene. Since then, darker/fantasy/game genres have started to dominate. The original Fate/Stay Night is almost an entirely different genre then Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works.

Heaven's Feel the third and finale route is getting a movie next year by the same studio that did Zero and UBW.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is the sequel to the three main routes, but does not have an anime adaptation yet.

2 Fate Zero's -> Unlimited Blade Works -> Fate/Stay Night (just for Easter eggs.) Would be the order I would watch them in.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will UBW be two seasons like Zero? As for that badass teacher...what is he? He says he's not a "mage", but he clearly knows enough magic to enhance his fighting. Also, what is going on with the Matuou? I thought Sakura has a certain blonde haired servant, but it seems Shinji has him now?