Fall 2014 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
My shows by surprise are Parasyte and Akatsuki no Yono, i never exoected to like them as much as i do, especially Parasyte...

SPEAKING OF PARAYSTE!!! - where the fuck are my Wednesday cartoons??!
Ya bit sad no parasyte this week. Anyway for me parasyte wasnt really a surpirse, having an estabilished manga behind it, i had no doubt it would become a kick ass show.

Bout yona, is it good? i dropped after the first episode (so many good shows this seasons, that for me first episode was the deciding factor, i generally give couple more). Didnt like the spoiled brat main char, even tho i heard it goes trough a nice evolution character wise, but i thought it was mostly a romance type of anime?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes Yona is fairly amazing, it has a nice slight twist and things go on their merry way.

Fadaar

That guy
Ya bit sad no parasyte this week. Anyway for me parasyte wasnt really a surpirse, having an estabilished manga behind it, i had no doubt it would become a kick ass show.

Bout yona, is it good? i dropped after the first episode (so many good shows this seasons, that for me first episode was the deciding factor, i generally give couple more). Didnt like the spoiled brat main char, even tho i heard it goes trough a nice evolution character wise, but i thought it was mostly a romance type of anime?
It is good. I tend to give shows two episodes just in case the first one is shit, which to be honest Yona's first episode was pretty shit. Episode two sets up the real plot and then it takes off from there, albeit fairly slowly. Not sure how many episodes it's supposed to be, but at this point it's looking like at least 25+. Definitely seems to be one of those shows that's going to take a while to set everything up. As far as the romance angle of it? Eh, it's barely there if at all. I'm sure it'll happen eventually though... the main guy deserves some ass after all the crap he's been through.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What is the recurring theme song in Your lie in april? The piano/violin mix? Its not in the OP or ED afaik.

Also yes Yona starts slow but builds nicely - To me it replaces Kingdom which i am eagerly awaiting to return.

Finally got a chance to catch up on all the shows. Parasyte is still amazing and so is psycho pass. I have to say though that your lie in April is probably my favorite show this season. Hits you in the Damn feels so much.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got a chance to catch up on all the shows. Parasyte is still amazing and so is psycho pass. I have to say though that your lie in April is probably my favorite show this season. Hits you in the Damn feels so much.
Ya agree on shigatsu, especially the character drawnings and details, animations and colours palette, its fantastic really.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh SAO - the feels!, and LH may finally pick up after all this rubbish is over.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Haikyuu!! S2 confirmed. Probably the only person watching this, but I'm pumped. Was one of my favorites of the season.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dude i loved Haikyuu!! - I am all about sports anime - Ippo, Eyeshield, One Outs, Kuroko!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haikyuu was the shit.

While in Japan in September, we met up with my wife's uncle in Kyoto. He coaches a high school Volley Ball team, and the whole team watches that show religiously.
He also opened my eyes to a REALLY fucking good Saki called Ju-Yon-Dai

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was the main antagonist from the 1st season. The guy that initially trapped everyone in the game.

The Master

Bronze Squire
LH...aaaand why did they do all that?
I think
it was a solution in two parts. Adventurers owning all the land would eventually lead to conflict with the people of the land who actually live, work, farm, etc., the area. He wanted to buy ALL the land surrounding his city for miles out, all the city buildings, offices, etc., to ensure no one could buy it out from under him the way he did to the other guilds. However even if he could raise the money to do so, they couldn't afford the maintenance costs. So he "borrowed" the money, bought the land, gave the land back in lieu of his "debt" and now the server owns the land. No one else can buy it and maintenance is handled auto-magically from the vault.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did i miss comments on Seven Deadly Sins or is no one actually watching it? This is pretty dam cool and i didnt see it mentioned anywhere(i think). Granted im only 2 episodes in but im likely going to power through it to current.