Fall 2014 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will UBW be two seasons like Zero? As for that badass teacher...what is he? He says he's not a "mage", but he clearly knows enough magic to enhance his fighting. Also, what is going on with the Matuou? I thought Sakura has a certain blonde haired servant, but it seems Shinji has him now?
i think it was caster supporting the teacher with magic, as he said he wasnt the supporting type but the offensive type.

dunno in ubw, but in fsn he was just a psycho/killer iirc, bout the matou, gilgamesh was always kotomine servant, seem in ubw he borrowed him to shinji, but still something else going on imho (he was talking bout servant in the last episode, so maybe sakura is bound to be one of em, in stay/night gilg was fixated on saber). On zero sakura was the chosen heir of the matou, she went tru the bugs ritual on preparation for next holywar, her magic should be big since she is originally part of tohsaka family, shinji as no magic at all. On original stay/night, sakura role was pretty much secondary, no clue what will happen in ubw

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
About Ange - pretty sure at some point they will just fly through the portal the dragons come out of, and on the other side is a land full of Norma's who hate mana users - bonds formed and rape ensues.
Looks like you're going to win this round. This episode was good as well. Really evolving the story.

velk

Trakanon Raider
As for that badass teacher...what is he? He says he's not a "mage", but he clearly knows enough magic to enhance his fighting. Also, what is going on with the Matuou? I thought Sakura has a certain blonde haired servant, but it seems Shinji has him now?
He's a martial arts expert, caster is buffing him. It's the reverse of the usual setup where the master is a mage and buffs the servant and lets them fight for them.

Fadaar

That guy
I do not like how Akame ended at all. I mean....such a downer!
I'd suggest reading the manga....

Everything from I think episode 19? on is completely different. It diverges and changes a lot of stuff. A lot of the same people still die (ie Lubba, Susanoo) but some died that aren't dead in the manga yet (General Buto, Mine, Leone, Esdeath, Tatsumi, Kurome). As well some are dead in the manga that aren't dead in the show (Run [angel wings guy] and Bols' wife and daughter). Soooo.... yeah. Manga is still ongoing and worth the read.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Maybe they will do it like they did Claymore?! Still hoping for Claymore remake in 2015!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Not sure why you guys are so surprised - when they started animating the episodes at the end they were pretty much caught up to the manga.

They have two choices then, depending on how they think DVDs will sell and how much likely-hood there is of them getting a 2nd season funded:

1) Keep adapting the manga 1:1 and end on a random cliffhanger that doesn't make much sense.
2) Anime original ending.

The animation studios have very little say over if a 2nd season is going to happen (there are a few exceptions) - Anime shows are paid for by Light Novel/Manga publishers and Music producers with the sole purpose of getting people to buy source material or DVDs/music CDs.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tatsume ga Kill was a good show, would've liked to see it match the manga and keep going, but whatever. I can still read it. I'd be willing to watch a new show in the same concept based around Akame, since the original had so little of her, and she was a decent character.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
well there is a manga about that (prequel of akame as imperial assassin togheter with kurome), so there s always a chance they can anime that if it goes decently successfull

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Maybe they will do it like they did Claymore?! Still hoping for Claymore remake in 2015!
Oh god, I wish.

Cross Ange is pretty decent, I watched all 11 episodes in 2 days. There's only been 2 blah episodes out of them, which isn't bad.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
In my opinion cross ange was the surprise of the season. For a show that supposely were only to deliver fan service, it brought a very interesting story,placed in a very grit social contest. Definitely my 2nd sci fi (well it has mechs..) show of the year behind Sidonia.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You like Cross Ange better than Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? Or even Aldnoah.Zero (another Mecha anime)?

I like the show a lot, but not nearly as much as those two.
Granted you said surprise of the season, but then called it your 2nd best of the year.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well admittedly totally forgot bout aldnoah, pretty much cause its not finished yet, but ya its definitely on a different lvl compared to cross ange (so ya aldnoah > ange).

What i mean is that show surprised me quite a bit. Mahouka i knew it was good having read the novels before the anime, so i knew what i was expecting. Aldnoah, more or less the same given the ppl making it, there was quite a bit of hype even before the airing. Ange i just expected the classic fan service action anime with lil story, instead it turned out good.

Between ange and mahouka, well prob mahouka i like it more due to the setting, lightnovels, and characters, but again i dont consider mahouka sci fi. Sure it set on future, but its more like fantasy (You could prolly argue that ange has dragons and magic as well, but still... mahouka is about magic), at leasti see it like that eheh.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ange also isn't even halfway finished yet, and it's gotten better every week.
My shows by surprise are Parasyte and Akatsuki no Yono, i never exoected to like them as much as i do, especially Parasyte...

SPEAKING OF PARAYSTE!!! - where the fuck are my Wednesday cartoons??!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Parayste is on break this week, next episode is on the 24th.

Might pick up Ange though since its getting some decent reviews here.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ignore the fucking in the first few episodes. I think that was a gimmick to get nerds on the hook. It becomes a much better show after that.