Fall 2014 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So technically not the thread for this but I've been on a horror anime kick that started with Another. Did Corpse party (also dicking around with the game) and now am watching High school of the Dead. Holy shit I've never seen so much fan service packed in to single episodes. I mean, these guys just don't wink and nod at titties, they use em as shock absorbing sniper rifle braces. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time.
Thats because high school of the dead is not horror lol - Try Shiki and maybe Shinsekai Yori.

HSOtD has zombies but its more ecchi/action than anything else.

Mirai Nikki and Higurashi are both awesome.

Yah I figured that out about halfway through the first epsiode. Its just that I never really watched Anime until a couple of months back and so while I'd heard about some of the Anime fan service shows I didn't realize they went that far. I did just assume that the creators of HoTD were more lampooning the situation, but you never know.

Going to start watching Shiki and then probably Higuarashi after looking the synopsis/reviews over on myanimelist. Thanks for the recs!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Corpse party was good, i'd never heard of it till a few weeks ago on this thread(or days?). The ending was fucked up so i liked it lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UBW-
Archer: I think things are about to get a bit violent.

Next week should be good.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Is it just me or is Sword art online going downhill fast? w t f
Hmm this episode wasnt that bad, the fight was pretty cool - At the very least its still leaps better than LH has been this season, its reaching the kiddy level of pokemon at this rate.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
the episode was maybe not very action packed, but it was needed for asuna char progression, both in game and rl. i kinda liked it, even tho i may not be objective as rosario was my fav lightnovel arc (well not really arc, more short story) togheter with underworld (huge arc).

Bout lh, hmm it's really much worse imho compared to s1, maybe because they split the story in 2 and jump back forth between the 2. The raid parts are bit more interesting, but the story in ahkibara focused on akatsuki it's really annoying/boring. They also havent advanced the plot at all in 7 episodes. Just my opinion ofc.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
The breaking point for me was the episode where they meet the brain dead robot in the pit of flowers. .....
Maybe its just the english dub but I just couldn't stand it.
I went for the English subtitles. I enjoyed the theme of the ruin (aging) and the various ways the characters in each episode approached it and tried to handle it, the lady in the tower not giving up and continuing to try to create beauty, the painter trying to kindle hope and leave his mark on the world, those who couldn't deal with it at all and those who sought immoratality.

The Flower pit/valley girl, definitely I agree it was close to annoying but just as I reached the edge of what I could handle the other characters started to reach the same conclusion and in the end she did manage to gather my sympathies.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm mixed feeling with last episode of akame. They skipped the whole jaeger arc (also they did not show how najenda escaped esdeath), and went directly to the last manga's chapters published. Also they changed completely how the events unfold (lubba and shura deaths for example, skipped the tortures, tatsumi capture etc...), guess when they made the episode it was already past the manga or something.

I prefered how the event unfolded in the manga, made much more sense. It really felt super rushed.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, once they start to diverge it's usually due to getting ahead of manga. Happens a lot. Wish they'd go back and do it right like FMA: Brotherhood more often.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had never read the FMA manga. Then I watched the original anime and loved it. Everything was great until the very end. Then I was a little confused. I gave Brotherhood a chance, and how quick they seemed to rush through some of the earlier plots threw me off, but I stuck through it. Fucking awesome. The ending for that version was so much better than the other. Then I hear it was "almost" the same as the Manga. They had to cut some stuff due to time limitations, but the story they showed was great. A+, will watch again (I actually have it all on Blu-Ray from when Amazon had it as a lightning deal black friday).

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
hmm mixed feeling with last episode of akame. They skipped the whole jaeger arc (also they did not show how najenda escaped esdeath), and went directly to the last manga's chapters published. Also they changed completely how the events unfold (lubba and shura deaths for example, skipped the tortures, tatsumi capture etc...), guess when they made the episode it was already past the manga or something.

I prefered how the event unfolded in the manga, made much more sense. It really felt super rushed.
It killed my interest in watching it anymore at this point.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah after hearing some of the shit that should have happened with Night raid vs Esdeath I lost a lot of hype for Akame. Looking like it will get the Claymore treatment.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
On another note, after the sudden conclusion of tokyo ghoul manga, seem they started another season of it (similar with what happened with the breaker/new waves), which is good i guess for the anime as well?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I guess I'm still hung up on the first season where shit was on the line. Idk.
Outside of people actually dying, I'm not sure how they can recreate that feeling. I THOUGHT they were headed down that path, where maybe the whole VRMMORPG they are in would be obliterated if they didn't get their hands on Excalibur. That would be the next best thing IMO.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I actually thought I had accidentally skipped an episode of Akame when I first turned it on. Then I realized I hadn't and wondered wtf had happened. I even went back and watched the last 5 minutes of the previous episode to see if I had missed something.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I actually thought I had accidentally skipped an episode of Akame when I first turned it on. Then I realized I hadn't and wondered wtf had happened. I even went back and watched the last 5 minutes of the previous episode to see if I had missed something.
They have a horrible habbit of cutting important spots short and not continuing it the next episode. Kinda rubbish if you ask me.