Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cool, thanks all. I'll check these out.

Lot more stuff coming the last few years. Hard to wade through it all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
i7uSjpt.jpg

Wingman of the year.

Koiwaibro is best bro.

So apparently this show is only 10 eps, and Friday is the finale. I was hoping for a side story with some of the guildmates, but guess that's not happening. Figured there would be something with them being in the intro and all.

Still looking forward to the end though, which is probably just a whole episode of them banging in his apartment.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Shoukoku no Altair : thoroughly enjoying the Empire getting spanked over and over.

Kino no Tabi : god damn can this be depressing sometime. This episode hit me hard out of nowhere at the end.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So apparently this show is only 10 eps, and Friday is the finale. I was hoping for a side story with some of the guildmates, but guess that's not happening. Figured there would be something with them being in the intro and all.

Still looking forward to the end though, which is probably just a whole episode of them banging in his apartment.

Apparently there's a 1 hour OAV with the Blu ray which released today.

Unsure if CR will stream it tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garo - Luke's mom was hot.
Inuyashiki - Straight Outta Kanto.
Itsudatte - Straight into lack of communication drama.
Just Because - Going to miss this one when it's gone.
Juuni Taisen - Dang, girl. Dang.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - Chise's Carpetry Company is off to a rocky start.
Sangatsu no Lion - *munches popcorn* Slice of liiiiiiiiife!
Shokugeki no Souma - Cannon Fodder 0; Team Souma 1.
UQ Holder - Tournament time. Zzzzzzz.
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - Use the Force, Mahmut!

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Bit of downtime since I was caught up in all recent shows.

Picked up an oldie I never watched, your lie in April.

Couldn't stop watching, now my eyes are red and painfull and I'm dehydrated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

if you want to hate the series, go watch the live action adaption

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really liked Shokugeki this week. And Soma is going for the 1st seat now. Good shit.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Feels train hasn't brakes.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Juuni taisen kinda blew my mind.

Garo really has grown on me. Shokugeki getting good.

Mahoutsukai no Yome: still in love with this show. I just fucking love the universe it's set in.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Thats show, haha oh man. Feels for days.

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
April 2018.

Finished playing the first VN on PC about a month ago, cried like a bitch on several occasions, instantly ordered Zero from Amazon Prime on the PS4 for next day delivery to carry on the story. I love this series.

Will be interesting how they will translate the VN to anime since the VN has two distinctly different and equally as important routes.

Can't wait.

El Psy Kongroo.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm going to pause for now and focus on DanMachi, just because I love the Anime that much. The first season, at least. I want to know what happens.

These light novels are pretty damn good, and I like that people have translated them and made them readable on the Kindle.
Ok, update on my Light Novel reading. The DanMachi (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) light novels are great. The first 3 books are the first 9 episodes of the anime. Pretty much word for word. 3 episodes per book. And they're written very well.
The 4th book is a bunch of short stories, but it starts to fill in the next 3 episodes, but book 5 really seals the deal. However, the anime made that final fight really half assed. The book's version of the big fight on floor 18 was just awe inspiring. Such a great read. And I never liked how rushed it seemed in the anime. Maybe because they limited it to the 12th episode, where as it could have been 3 episodes by itself. Damn was that good.

Book 6 gets even better. Bell is now an extremely high status level 2 (after the big fight) and a new god decides that he wants Bell to be his own. And there's a way to make it happen. So he stages a fight. Then has an ultimatum against Hestia. She doesn't follow through, so that god destroys the basement house and everything else. Bell and Hestia are at the point where they need to run from the city forever, but they give in to the other god's demands and have a "war game". Dungeon siege. At this time, we learn more about Lilly & Welf's back story. They both leave their previous god and join the Hestia family. In addition to Mikoto, the Japanese looking girl that helps try and rescue Bell & company from the 18th floor. She was in the party that trained him to begin with. They have an incredible fight against the other god's "children", ultimately winning. And Bell hits level 3 as a result.

Book 7 changes things a lot more. It's now about the two goddesses of beauty. Freya (the god that gave Bell the grimoire to learn magic, but also caused the Minotaur to be trained, just so Bell could fight it) against Ishtar. She's a prostitute goddess of beauty, and she "owns" the red light district of their town. She finds out that Freya likes Bell, so that puts her sight on him as well, because she wants to crush Freya. There's a lot more to it than that, but this is another decent book. The author is good at writing tense moments. Granted, I don't like book 7 nearly as much as book 6, but I still like the direction the show is taking. After this is over, I wonder what direction book 8 will take.

If you have some free time, I suggest downloading a few of these light novels. You can finish reading each one of them if you focus for about 4-5 hours. They're usually in the 150-175 page range per book. But book 6 might have crossed 200. I'm not sure, because I'm reading it on a kindle, which doesn't have a page count.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's the books.
Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? Light Novels 1-8 :: Nyaa

If you have a kindle, the .epub format doesn't work. You'll need to convert them (for free) using a program called calibre into .mobi format.
calibre - E-book management

It's pretty easy to do. The best part is, I haven't read anything (except websites) in easily 10 years. Now I love reading again. Light Novels are pretty cool, all things considered. Plus, on a Kindle, people can assume that I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities, and not realize that I'm being a major nerd that's "reading" anime. Win.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So there's a live action Erased on Netflix. It looks terrible.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garo - Random Village #592 has been defeated!
Inuyashiki - That moment when everyone thinks you are god.
Itsudatte - This will end well.
Just Because - Happy ending for one pair. We'll see about the other next week.
Juuni Taisen - Zombie monkey butt!
Mahoutsukai no Yome - I don't think Elias wants to eat her in quite that way.
Sangatsu no Lion - Rei's medicine makes Hina feel good.
Shokugeki no Souma - Everyone wants some of dat sweet Souma.
UQ Holder - They skipped soooooo much stuff.
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - The director lost his head at the worst possible moment.

Ballroom e Youkoso - Looks like this one is over for now. Good season finale or series finale as the case may be.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got caught up on Children of the Whale today. Definitely need to be in a specific mood to watch this one. It rapes all the feels holes. Looks like it is starting a new arc now, so this might be around another season or two.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm nearly complete the 7th book of DanMachi. I didn't like how this one started off (all about prostitutes), but the story at the last third of the book has been extremely good. I'm pleased. It's kicking ass right now as they enter the "final battle". Freya's family is attacking the Ishtar family's palace and is destroying everything. Bell met someone that has a spell that can temporarily give him the power of the next level, so he's running around as a level 4 right now. It's pretty good.

• 1Like