Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
I've also read the first 6 light novels of Sword Art Online.

the_fry_stare_by_exnicas-d5lg5f6.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I like "gaming" stories. SAO, DanMachi & Grimgar all fit that bill. It gives me the thrill of an MMO without wasting unbelievable amounts of time actually playing them. I need to read No Game No Life next. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than the anime gave.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I like "gaming" stories. SAO, DanMachi & Grimgar all fit that bill. It gives me the thrill of an MMO without wasting unbelievable amounts of time actually playing them. I need to read No Game No Life next. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than the anime gave.

Log Horizon? .hack?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I only have so much time to read! I'll get into log horizon eventually. For some reason, .hack never grabbed me the way these other shows did. Oh, I also have the light novels from Re: Zero downloaded.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
My Hero Academy Season 3 announced for 2018. Best year for sequels ever?
  • Attack on Titan Season 3
  • Code Geass Season 3
  • FLCL Season 2+3
  • Full Metal Panic! Season 3
  • My Hero Academia Season 3
  • One Punch Man Season 2
  • Overlord Season 2
  • Seven Deadly Sins Season 2
  • Stein;Gate 0
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index III
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh shit. I didn't realize FLCL was getting sequels!

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
FLCL is such garbage, I have no idea why people like it.

also the FLCL "Sequel" will have different characters and as far as I know none of the original creators are involved.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I haven't seen it in a very.... very long time and it may just be nostalgia talking. It was one of the series Adult Swim aired back when that was the only place you could see stuff like that before high speed internet and downloading was widespread.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I haven't seen it in a very.... very long time and it may just be nostalgia talking. It was one of the series Adult Swim aired back when that was the only place you could see stuff like that before high speed internet and downloading was widespread.

You may still love it, FLCL is either loved or hated, there is no middle ground. Personally I hate the lack of coherent story and the creators mistaking random for funny, but some people have it as their favourite anime.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
FLCL is such garbage, I have no idea why people like it.

also the FLCL "Sequel" will have different characters and as far as I know none of the original creators are involved.

Mostly wrong. It's not the same studio (Production I.G. bought the rights to FLCL from Gainax after their bankruptcy), but it's the same character designer and director from the first season. Plus The Pillows are doing the soundtrack, which was the best part of the original series. Production I.G. is a much better studio than Gainax so I have high expectations.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
A good Shokugeki this week. It actually showed cooking, as well as a competition! I was pleased with this episode.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Billboard advertising and yet their server structure can't handle a little Dragon Ball Super traffic on a Saturday, pshhhhhhhhhhhh.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
CR on PS4 has always been sketchy as fuck for me performance wise, or maybe it's just PSN.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Garo:vanishing line: that fight this week was some top notch shit.

Really well animated too.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, Garo was good.
Mahoutsukai was great too.

The new character in Blend S cracked me up. Really explains the "SURPRISE" in the OP too haha.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garo - All action eisode. Booyah!
Inuyashiki - That's not going to end well for the SDF or Shishigami.
Itsudatte - Liked it. Slice of life with clear MCs. Some miscommunication drama incoming.
Just Because - Love triangles starting to get resolved.
Juuni Taisen - Blah blah blah Snake and Dragon backstory. Maybe next week won't suck.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - Elias x Chise x Ruth.
Sangatsu no Lion - Look at those "big peaches".
Shokugeki no Souma - Boom! Head shot!
UQ Holder - Kuromaru Kenshin: Aku! Soku! Zan!
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - No new ep this week or something.

• 1Like