Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Inuyashiki - That's not going to end well for the SDF or Shishigami.
You know damn well the girl and grandmother are going to get killed in the raid, which sets Shishigami off as an even deeper psychopath than before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You know damn well the girl and grandmother are going to get killed in the raid, which sets Shishigami off as an even deeper psychopath than before.

That's why I said it won't end well for him. Was interesting to see what set him off the first time, though.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Made In Abyss season 2 confirmed today, no date yet but good news otherwise.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The last 2 episodes of shoukoku no altair felt like the good old LoGH to me.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
i7uSjpt.jpg

Wingman of the year.

Koiwaibro is best bro.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garo - Sword and Sophie Hit the Road
Inuyashiki - Yay! Pubes and grandma survived!
Itsudatte - Wow. Was not expecting that much of a drama bomb. Poor MC girl.
Just Because - One triangle ends, and another maybe begins at the end there. Damn girl!
Juuni Taisen - Those twins both went out like bitches without a fight. Disappointing.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - After a moment of heated passions Chise stared at Angelica's breasts.
Sangatsu no Lion - Not sure if this is going to be 2 seasons in a row again. If so, this/next arc are some serious feels stabbing.
Shokugeki no Souma - Meet the cannon fodder!
UQ Holder - Hot springs, cheesecake, and flashbacks.
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - Blondie vs blondie. Samurai Stategist Showdown!

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Children of the Whale: Holy fucking cow this one is depressing. I keep wanting them to get past the whole high tech beating on shit tech stuff, because the artwork is absolutely beautiful, but nope.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm not sure if this has been posted and I apologize if it has, but a friend just sent this to me and I have a total boner.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
First Batman I'll be excited to watch since the 90s
For thxgiving i went to see my legume godson, he's like 4, and they were unsure if he could watch Batman TAS (i bought season1 on dvd). (violence, etc) Then we just watched fucking CoCo and i said i'mma gonna show this kid TAS, we had to goto the basement cuz thats where the only dvd player was, and he wanted to watch it in silence, in secret. I said "no way!, you gonna watch Batman TAS with a bomb ass orchastra

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Decent enough Shokugeki today. It was painfully obvious to see who was going to win that cook-off, but it was good none the less. I liked it. Now if only Binging with Babish would ever consider some of the Shokugeki dishes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem with most anime for me is the big eyes, fan service and the fucking squeeky girl voices. Also generally don't like big robots (suits), high school ____ (vampires, demons, etc, etc. yeah I know 99 percent of anime).

However, there were a few that really worked for me.

Akira.. read most of the comics also
Darker than Black
Full Metal Alchemist.. (first version, haven't got around to Brotherhood yet)
Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Animatrix
Blame!
Ghost in the Shell.. with reservations. They tend to bore me with endless discussions about nothing.
Appleseed.. kind of. Gets boring but fun for a bit. Read some of the comics
Spirited Away.. not sure why. Weird movie and not of a type I usually like, but it sticks in your brain.

I've tried to watch most of the stuff on the "best" lists from the last couple of decades. Didn't like anything except the above.

Can anyone recommend a current (last 3 or 4 years) movie or series that might fit in the list above?
I have Netflix, the only thing that seems half way decent there is Sword Art but even that doesn't pull me back like Darker than Black or Alchemist did.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
The problem with most anime for me is the big eyes, fan service and the fucking squeeky girl voices. Also generally don't like big robots (suits), high school ____ (vampires, demons, etc, etc. yeah I know 99 percent of anime).

Darker than Black
Animatrix
Blame!
Ghost in the Shell.. with reservations. They tend to bore me with endless discussions about nothing.
Spirited Away.. not sure why. Weird movie and not of a type I usually like, but it sticks in your brain.

I've tried to watch most of the stuff on the "best" lists from the last couple of decades. Didn't like anything except the above.

Can anyone recommend a current (last 3 or 4 years) movie or series that might fit in the list above?
I have Netflix, the only thing that seems half way decent there is Sword Art but even that doesn't pull me back like Darker than Black or Alchemist did.
Psycho-Pass
Attack on Titan

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Darker than Black
Animatrix
Blame!

You would loooove Black Lagoon.

If you liked Spirited Away you would like Princess Mononoke.

Like chthonic-anemos chthonic-anemos said, Psycho-pass, at least the fist season.

I'd also try out Hellsing Ultimate. You said you don't like Vampires, but this is gritty, dark, horror vampires with giant guns.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Darker than Black
Animatrix
Blame!

The problem w/ your list is that your most recent comparison is like from 2007, so like it's pretty worthless

why don't you just ask us to just name like 5 good series from the past 10years

with that i'll say def watch the new FMA Brotherhood, you can probably start at the 20s

re:zero

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - for some feels you can also add in "Erased" too for feels

if you want to see great anime and story try one punch man, better than trying unlimited budget fate series.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...Full Metal Alchemist.. (first version, haven't got around to Brotherhood yet)
I loved the first FMA also, but Brotherhood was a HUGE upgrade. The story was much better. I suggest downloading it. They even have a few OVA's, which are also very good.

As for a series, I'm a major fan of Ajin. It has quite a few of the things you don't like (teen w/ powers... he's a kid that can't die), but it's an AMAZING show. Really fucking dark. 2 seasons. Jump on that shit post haste.
Season 1 - [Cleo] Ajin: Demi-Human [Dual Audio 10bit BD720p][HEVC-x265] :: Nyaa
Season 2 - [Cleo] Ajin: Demi-Human 2nd Season [10bit 720p][HEVC-x265] :: Nyaa

Regarding Ajin, it's a big police and military style show. There are people who are born that believe themselves to be normal people. But one day, they die, but just... stand back up. Congratulations, you're now a demi-human. And the military wants you BAD to test all their crazy weapons on a "live person". Damn good show with a great villain.

Last edited:
  • 2Like