Fall 2017 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Black Clover has been a bit better these last two episodes, it's as generic of an anime as you can get but it's watchable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After all this time of seeing you all say how great Haikyu! was, I finally decided to start watching it.... and you're all right, it is really enjoyable.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Fucking Japan..god damn. Also....new Re:Zero ova sometime in 2018.

• 1Solidarity

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Figured people would warm up to Black Clover once Yami was introduced. i think he placed second in the manga popularity poll even though he isn't shown much. He usually steals the scene his is placed in. He's also a good foil for a dumb ass like Asta.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Issue with Black Clover (for me) is simply the yelling that Asta does (maybe its just the VA though), it just seems unnecessary. Compare it to the yelling in Haikyu, which always seems appropriate for the situation, while a lot of the yelling Asta does is just dumb.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I dropped Black Clover after ep 3. I just couldn't take the yelling any more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Fucking Japan..god damn. Also....new Re:Zero ova sometime in 2018.

Lol this reminds me for you crazy blue haired esdeath lovers, akame ga kill has a spin-off called hinowa ga crush, it focus' on the lands to the east.

Chap1 spoiler
last page shows akame

Chap2, plot spoiler
akame travelled to the east looking for a cure to danger beasts. In manga she is cursed by broken murasme, with red markings and constant pain. While tasyumi is cursed by broken incursio as a real dragon

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Code: Realize - Aaaand, done. Just very bland.
Garo - Cheesecake and jailbait. Spinoff time?
Inuyashiki - Gay yakuza sauna. Dafuq did I just watch? Rest of the episode was baller though.
Itsudatte - Not out yet.
Just Because - Next week should see some drama.
Juuni Taisen - Too much plot. Not enough killing.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - No, I'm not crying! Just a little windy out here.
Sangatsu no Lion - Reading ahead means no surprises, but damn if the art isn't too good to stop watching!
Shokugeki no Souma - There's a new sherriff in town!
UQ Holder - They are seriously burning through the early arcs fast.
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - Everyone wants some Suleyman in their vagina, apparently.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, so I started watching Sangatsu no Lion, I've managed to keep watching up to episode 9, but its becoming increasingly difficult to maintain interest. How much longer will it take the main character to get over his sad past and become a happier person? If he is still his moppy self in the most current episode, I'll just stop watching.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Ok, so I started watching Sangatsu no Lion, I've managed to keep watching up to episode 9, but its becoming increasingly difficult to maintain interest. How much longer will it take the main character to get over his sad past and become a happier person? If he is still his moppy self in the most current episode, I'll just stop watching.

He is a bit better starting with the second season but just a bit. I guess you should drop here.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Net-juu no Susume - Girl loses her job so decides to play MMO's all the time instead. She makes a boy character that sucks, and meets a girl character that's a healer that boy character out. This is like a weak version of SAO/Log Horizon/Grimgar/NGNL/ect. I'm not interested

Ran out of shit to watch last night and binged the 5 episodes already out.

This is a lot better than I expected, not AT ALL anything like SOA/log horizon but more like a slice of life for gamers of all backgrounds and wakes of life.
Enjoyed it thoroughly, I would recommend watching it if slice of life anime is your kinda thing, it'll resonate with a lot of MMO nerds like it did for me.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

This is a lot better than I expected, not AT ALL anything like SOA/log horizon but more like a slice of life for gamers of all backgrounds and wakes of life.
Enjoyed it thoroughly, I would recommend watching it if slice of life anime is your kinda thing, it'll resonate with a lot of MMO nerds like it did for me.

That show makes me jealous and I long for the time I moved to Japan and did nothing but play video games and sleep 12 hours a day for 7 months.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

This. Honestly of the new shows this season this is the one I actually look forward to watching(Not including Soma as that's a returning show!).

• 1Like